“Basic hotel at a price!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 27 hotels in Chandler
New York
“Basic hotel at a price!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This aged hotel is tucked away behind a number of others in odd configuration off a highway junction. The hotel is very basic with only a breakfast buffet area, but staff were very helpful. The surrounding area restaurants are unimpressive and be prepared to take your life into your own hands if you want to walk to them. The cost was $194 a night! Suggest you stay at the Radisson next door. They have a bar and restaurant, which is almost civilized for Chandler!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix/Chandler. I'm sorry you felt the area around the hotel did not feel safe, I can assure you it is. I am glad though to hear our staff was helpful to you.

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, and would look forward to having you as a guest again if you're ever back in the Chandler area. Thanks and have a great day!

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Valencia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I called 12 hours in advance to reserve a top floor room away from the elevator. When I arrived they gave me a room on the second floor even though the parking lot was empty. After several attempts, of what looked liked the guy programming the International Space Station, the clerk finally put me on the third floor but RIGHT NEXT too the elevator. The furniture looks right out of the 70's and the walls seem beaten. There are plenty of hotels right next door. STAY AWAY....

Room Tip: Very tired poking Marriott.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix/Chandler. I am sorry to hear you did not have a good experience, that is disappointing. I was hoping you might be able to contact me directly at the hotel so that I could review exactly what happened, and why your request was not granted. I know it is frustrating when you do not receive the room you asked for, and I'd like to correct any issues we have so that it does not happen to any future guests.

If you are ever in the Chandler again, I would invite you come back and try us again, I am sure we can provide you with a much better experience than this past stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, and have a great day!
St. Joseph
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The room I'm in supposedly runs for $169 a night and I'm very unimpressed. Furniture is cheap looking and all scraped up. Updated carpet and wallpaper, but room is rather small and the sink is old with chips and scorch marks, (curling iron burns).

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your stay here, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the hotel with others. Unfortunately, that experience has not lived up to our standards.

I believe I have spoken with you this morning, and am moving you to a different room and offering compensation for the inconvenience. If there is anything else I can do for you, please contact the front desk directly.

Thank you again for the feedback.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and overall I had a good experience. I would stay there again. The hotel is situated in an area of chandler Az that has many many other nearby hotels. This is a very basic hotel, but in no way is that a negative. It just means that it does not have as many amenities as a larger hotel, and it has no on-site restaurant.

The website indicates that the hotel was renovated last year, but if couldn't really tell. It did not look brand new, but it didn't look old either. The room was nice and big and was clean. The bathtub however looked a little worn, but not terrible. I stayed in a room on the third floor which had an incredibly high ceiling. The only real negative about the room was that the air conditioner was VERY loud.
The breakfast was surprisingly good and had a nice variety of foods and drinks. However I was disappointed that there was no water at breakfast (I had to buy a bottle of water from the in-hotel market).

Overall I would have given this hotel a 3.5 rating if the site allowed. It's a fine hotel that I would stay in again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chandler! We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We are so glad you had an overall good experience while a guest here, with the exception of the A/C unit. If you would like to contact us at the hotel, we can determine what room you stayed in and have our engineering take a look at the A/C, to ensure it will not be a problem for future guests.

As for the water on the breakfast - I'm sorry you missed it! We actually do have a Reverse Osmosis water system on the breakfast, next to the sink.

If you are ever in the Chandler area again, please look us up. We'd love to have you back as a guest. Thanks and have a great day!
La Quinta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Rooms were clean and quiet (except for the ac). Fitness room a bit to small. Great location though. Pool area is small but we just slept there. Very adequate. Jeannie at TripGuy.com always does a great job for us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Todd S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chandler! We are so glad you had an overall good experience while a guest here. If you would like to contact me at the hotel, we will be able to determine the room you stayed in and have my Engineer take a look at the A/C unit in there.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stay here every time we visit our daughter. The staff has always been friendly and helpful.
The rooms are clean and the usual size for a Fairfield. The rooms by the elevator are a little smaller but are still quiet. I always look for a refrigerator in the room and they have one, plus a microwave. The vanity area is not well lit, there is a mirror in the entry hall but it is not lit either. I could not see to apply make up.
The breakfast buffet is the usual, waffles, yogurt, small boxed cereal with many choices. There was some fresh whole fruit and cut fruit.
Wi Fi is free in the entire hotel. The breakfast and common area was inviting.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chandler. We appreciate you taking your time to post about your experience. We are also happy that you had an overall good experience while a guest here.

If you are ever in the Chandler area again, please look us up and we'd be happy to accommodate you again.

Thanks and have a great day!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This motel is a great choice for the area. It is somewhat dated, however, everything is super clean. The room is well insulated, we never heard any noise from the hallway or room next to ours. The room is fairly well sized, which is a plus (compared to smaller rooms in some motels). It is also a very organized and efficient room. The wi-fi worked very well; we always appreciate that!
The breakfast buffet is outstanding. I noticed the attendant check, replace and tidy up constantly. The foods offered are the same every day, but to be perfectly honest with you, the selection is big enough for you to choose something different than what you ate the day before. While at home we tend to eat almost the same items for breakfast. I especially enjoyed the croissants! They were fairly large in size and very fresh and yummy!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chandler! We are so glad you had a good experience with both the room and the breakfast. If you are ever in the Chandler area again, please look us up. We'd love to have you back!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!