“Great room!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
COTTONWOOD
“Great room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The room and facilities were great. The bed could have been a tiny bit more comfortable, but for a two night stay, it was fine. A full breakfast was a big plus.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Very convenient location next to the 101 Freeway, and not far from the Superstition Freeway (60). For a relatively low price (by Phoenix standards), the suite had a microwave, refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, and even dishwasher (with dishes, utensils, pots and pans). Everything was clean, and the staff was friendly. Although there was nothing really wrong, it still somehow had the feeling of a low-end, budget motel, and I’m not even sure why. If I were in town for several days on business, I would definitely stay here again, though not in summer (AC was not the best). With the kitchen and breakfast-included, this is a good place a family on a budget; the pool is very small, though, and overall it doesn't have the feel of a vacation spot.

In the mountains
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Had a quick stay here and wasn't sure what to expect since there's not too many pictures of their rooms, we got a room with 2 king beds which actually ended up being 2 separate bedrooms which was great! and it also had a fold out couch, full kitchen, living room. The ac doesn't seem to spread out evenly throughout the unit but it wasn't too bad. We enjoyed the jacuzzi also, but the breakfast in the morning left us pretty disappointed, no coffee, no coffee cups, no forks, the few things that were out did not taste good at all. But other than that we were really happy w/ our stay, would probably stay there again since we travel to the area frequently.

OLYMPIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The room and accomodations were surprising good. Service did not get 5 starts because I got no answer twice when I called the front desk.

The business center had a broken chair I did not know about and almost fell off it. The front desk said they did know about it and thought the repair would hold. I own a business. If it were my business I would replace the chair immediately.

Hallway smelled bad.

SLC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I liked the layout of the one king bedroom suit and that is about the extent of the positive things that I have to say about this hotel.

During the morning after our first night there was a broken glass on the ground outside the building's door I told a staff member about the glass and he said it would be cleaned up right away. It wasn't until that evening that I saw the glass mostly cleaned up. The large pieces where picked up but there were still lots of shards on the sidewalk and in the landscaping rocks. Even the next morning the shards were still there and at that time I also noticed a rusty razor blade lying in the landscaping rocks. I called the front desk about the glass still being there and was assured that it would be cleaned up. The glass was still there when we left. Now I don't blame the Hotel for the glass being there but they certainly did not make any reasonable effort in cleaning it up or protecting guests from being injured by it.

My other complaint was the complimentary breakfast. I've been to many hotels and I've learned not to expect too much from the complimentary breakfast that is offered. Now I'm not going to say that it was terrible, It was beyond terrible. Lets just say that the next day we went to the McDonalds for breakfast instead.

To add to the list, a staff member came in to finish cleaning the pool while my kids were swimming because he didn't do it before the pool opened. And our room had broken fixtures and counter top.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Suzanne V, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Phoenix Chandler, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I truly apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. The safety of our guests is paramount and there is absolutely no excuse for the broken glass not being cleaned up promptly. We have addressed these issues with our Housekeeping and Maintenance Staff and appropriate disciplinary action has been taken, as proper communication and reporting procedures were clearly not followed in this instance. I also apologize for the inconvenience with the timing of the pool being cleaned. Barring any maintenance priority issues, it is the first thing our maintenance man does in the morning. In any case, I did review your comments with him and re-emphasized to him the importance of cleaning the pool before it opens in the morning. Again, thank you for your feedback.
CHANDLER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Whenever I have a business trip I usually stay at this hotel. It is convenient, staff is very helpful and breakfast (included with fee) is OK.
My only real complaint is that Internet access is average. Connections seem to drop, speed it just OK and wireless coverage is spotty.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us, and for the specifics about the Internet connectivity. We recently upgraded to a new Internet service provider who is continually working with us to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. Within the last 3 weeks we have identified areas where new access points were needed to increase reliability. I am confident you will notice the improvement to the wireless coverage on your next stay. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
FOLSOM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The room was fine but the thermostat in the room had way too much variation and it wasn't calibrated at all. I was waking up every 45 minutes either too cold or too hot. There was no happy median. The thermostat was an old analog dial and I could not adjust it's temperature with any accuracy or comfort. I got about 2 1/2 hrs of sleep that night for this reason.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us. We appreciate all guest comments because it allows us to identify both areas where we are doing well and areas that we can improve upon. I do apologize about the issue with the thermostat. We are in the process of replacing the dial thermostats with new digital thermostats, and because of your feedback, we were able to replace the thermostat in the suite you were in already. We hope you come back and visit us again.

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Phoenix Chandler? Share your experiences!