“avoid at any cost” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort

You added Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 San Marcos Place, Chandler, AZ 85225 (Formerly Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Palaiseau, France
“avoid at any cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

you like hotels well maintained (wall painting, bath room, ...), you like at the hotel restaurant to get your main course after your starter, you like your main course to be warm, you like the personel to apologize when they screw up (everyone can make a mistake), you like to sleep at night with no noise. RUN AWAY from this hotel

You like to have a post card when you arrive saying welcome.you like to stay in the old Chandler city center You are at the right place

Room Tip: far from a noise group as the walls are rather thin
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Tan Valley, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed overnight for a wedding recently and found the hotel and rooms very nice but pricey even with the 'Wedding Block of Rooms". The next morning we all met for the breakfast buffet which was $14.95/per person. It turned out to be a better deal than just ordering a few side dishes since the bacon alone was $8.00!

Apparently they were short staffed and the service and servers were terrible. The buffet was okay and as more of our family and friends arrived we would get up again to get a little more food. Suddenly there was a prime rib roast station and I got one piece for myself and my husband. We asked for the bill and what should have been a $29.90 + tax turned into $62.00!!!

Seems the prices change when the prime rib comes out. When late family arrived we looked at the menu given to them and sure enough it still said $14.95 for the breakfast buffet. My husband had the bill corrected and the rest of our family made sure their's was correct also.

I would definitely not stay there again. And, DEFINITELY find another place for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the patio and always ask for a top floor.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
We appreciate your review of the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort. Please accept our apology for our inability to properly convey the times of our regular breakfast and our Sunday brunch. We will make a greater effort to communicate this clearly to our dining guests to avoid any pricing confusion. Thank you again for your comments.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel last week on business and overall was happy. The location is convenient because there are quite a few restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast buffet, which was included with my rate, was a nice bonus and included eggs, bacon, pancakes, lots of fresh fruit, yogurt, plus an assortment of cold items and pastries.

The fitness room was equal or better to most comparably priced hotels. There are 3 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, and one stationary bike, plus some weight equipment and dumbbells. There is also a running map available in the lobby.

The room itself was pretty typical of this category hotel. I had a queen with sofa, desk, and mini fridge. It was clean and comfortable.

Here are the caveats. 1. It was extremely noisy at times. I could hear the conversation in the next room the first night. Depending on who was in the rooms next to mine, the noise varied a good bit but overall I'd have to say that the sound-proofing could definitely be better.
2. Logistics. It's hard to pinpoint but something about this hotel felt a bit mazelike. In addition to the lobby, there are 3 buildings with 4 floors each, and from what I could tell, one elevator in the courtyard for each building. Other than when I had my luggage I used the stairs, but for anyone with difficulty climbing stairs or getting around, it might be a little sprawling. Signage to get to the lobby from the buildings could be better too.

Of course if you care about golf, that will be a plus. I don't so can't comment on the golf course. In general, the location and price may make this a good choice for you.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our location and amenities such as breakfast and the fitness facility. Your caveat comments are very helpful as we continue to institute improvements to our resort. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Grounds at this Hotel are really lovely. Lobby is elegant. Hotel is really nice at night. very romantic.
Pool is great! We could walk to all restaurants nearby! Our room was beautiful. No complaints. We really enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to pool. Its quite a hike if you stay near the tennis court and golf course.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the great review of the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort! We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Let me start by saying that had I not blind bid for this room on Hotwire, I would have NEVER stayed here. To start with the pros, location is the only one I can think of. It is convenient to many shops and restaurants, but that is where the pros end. I got here at check in time and had to wait almost an hour for a room. The first room they gave me reeked of some horrid smell. When I called the front desk, Annalisa (sp) gave me a nasty attitude and tried to say that there were no more rooms. I told them I refused to stay in the one they gave me. I then waited another 30 minutes for another room. In the meantime, I was told that the previous room was now clean. I still refused because it should have been cleaned before I was given the keys. The second room was clean but had bugs. Kids ran up and down the hallways screaming. Dogs were barking. The sprinklers came on during the day wetting up the only walkway to the cars. It was a HORRIBLE experience. I would have gladly paid 3x the amount to stay somewhere better. Save your money and don't book this "resort." Hotwire had it listed as a 4 star, I give it a 2.5.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our resort. We apologize that your experience was not up to our usual high standards and your comments will be addressed with our team members. Please know that your comments are very important to us as we continue to improve our accommodations and services.
Normal, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am hesitant to give this property 4 stars because the actual property doesn't deserve it. Yes, the hotel is historical, the lobby is gorgeous and the location is amazing (downtown Chandler). However, my room was dirty and outdated. Water pressure was minimal, the outside balcony had cigarette butts and I found a balloon behind my curtain - a gift from the previous guest. With all of that said, if you love historic charm, outdoor seating (fire and pool), along with a location that provides you access to a brewery, amazing restaurants, bars and more - than you will find yourself enjoying your stay at this property. I will stay here again and I recommend you give it a try if you will benefit from the close proximity to everything including those restaurants and bars.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our resort. We will be certain to address the cleanliness issue you mentioned and we are pleased that you were able to enjoy our great location. Our goal for your next visit with us is that we will merit 5 stars in all areas!
Twin Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Crowne here is a very nice resort type hotel. Clean and in nice condition. Beautiful grounds. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Pool areas are large and very nice. Restaurants and bar are nice also. Great location with shops, restaurants, and bars wit in a block. Nice golf course on site. Nice large balcony's.

Room Tip: I prefer the inside garden view. Not much view on the outside rooms.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our resort. We were glad to read that you enjoyed many of the amenities that make our resort a great place to stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Been to Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort? Share your experiences!