“Weekend Wedding and Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort

You added Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 San Marcos Place, Chandler, AZ 85225 (Formerly Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Elgin, Illinois, United States
“Weekend Wedding and Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel because a close friend got married here. The entire weekend was a great experience. Their wait staff was always helpful, their food was great and our room was a retreat. We were on the fourth floor and in a "quiet zone".

My next comment might be a little odd, but I also want to comment on the cable box. My wife and I don't spend a lot of time watching TV while on vacation, however I want to share that I didn't get frustrated when using the TV. Every hotel experience I've had before this has left me annoyed because it takes forever to channel surf. I have also experienced the TV resets the channel each and every time you turn the TV back on. This cable box acted as it should. In an odd twist, it made me feel more at home.

Again, I realize this is an odd rant...but I thought you might want to know if you are quirky like me.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for the great review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort and for providing our potential guests with such positive feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Orange County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hardwood floors are the first thing you see when you walk in the french double doors, and they are gorgeous! I spent a week here and my expectations were exceeded. My notes from memory are:
The downtown area is quaint and fun with tons of places to eat and drink.
They have a baby starbucks in the lobby that made my long meetings more enjoyable.
The bellman/driver was super polite and happily took me to the grocery store and took my bags up to the room, I barely had to ask.
The rooms are nice and large, the little balconies are cute.
I hope I have the opportunity to stay here again, it was lovely.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We were very pleased to read your review of the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort!
It’s exciting to hear that our guests enjoyed all the amenities we offer and our perfect location in downtown Chandler. We look forward to your return.
Washington DC Metro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice enough hotel but all the renovations going on were really annoying. Hotel "advertises" Starbucks coffee like it has a coffee shop on site. Maybe it's undergoing renovations? It's really just Starbucks coffee served at the lobby bar in the mornings. Also got impression there was some type of gift shop but I think that is still undergoing renovations too? Seemed that a majority of rooms on the 1st floor also undergoing renovations. Lots of construction workers around every day.

Hotel staff were ok but could be more helpful on the phone. I called to see if they had a shuttle service for the airport and was told no. Then asked the best way to get there from the airport, front desk just replied "taxi". Would have been nice if they suggested Super Shuttle or something along those lines- a taxi from airport is minimum $60, just so you know.

Also, I was there almost a week and didn't know about back route to lobby and restaurant for several days. Another guest showed me that. Until then, had to walk through parking lot, around large 18 wheeler delivery trucks blocking any walking route thru parking lot every morning. Maybe a better property map?

Finally, read one review about food trays left in the halls and must say, I experienced the same thing! Trays left out in the morning were still there in the evening almost every day.

Lots of great restaurants in walking distance though. Too bad front desk didn't tell me about those either. When I arrived from all day traveling from east coast, it was before their restaurant opened. I asked about getting something to eat and nobody was kind enough to say "Hey, there's "X" restaurant just down the street". Nope, only told the restaurant opens at 5 for dinner.
Staff at the front desk needs a little more training on hospitality.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort.
Please allow me to apologize for our inability to provide you better directions and transportation options. Your comments are important to us and will be addressed with our staff. We value your business and look forward to serving you on a future visit.
Sedona, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had occasion to spend two days in the Chandler area and arrived at the hotel early, looking forward to having a nice lunch on the property and take advantage of the whirlpool. I was told if I checked in before 2:00 there would be a $35 early check-in charge. this started things off on the wrong foot and I ended up spending that $35 off site for a nice lunch where I was welcomed.

I had requested a quiet room on a high floor and was pleasantly surprised to fine they had reserved a unit on the 4th floor in a room away from the parking lot. It was particularly impressive to note a sign on that floor pledging that they wouldn't have cleaning carts before 10AM and wouldn't book families (i.e. noisy kids) or travel groups in that area of the hotel. The rest of the afternoon was enjoyable and peaceful. That ended at 10:30 that night when I was awakened from a sound sleep by kids laughing, screaming and running up around outside the room. I called the front desk and she apologized and asked if I wanted to move to another room?!? Really? She even said, "Oh, them." when I mentioned the kid noise.

The room balconies in this hotel surround three courtyards that are near-perfect echo chambers. Combine that with doors opening to outdoor open walkways and it's difficult, if not impossible, to buffer noise. I value my sleep too much to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are probably the quietest, but bring your ear plugs just in case.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort.
Please allow me to apologize that we fell short of our goal to provide a premiere stay and especially a sound night’s sleep. We will be certain to review our quiet zone policy with our front desk and housekeeping staff. We value your feedback and hope we have another opportunity to gain back your business
Bluemont, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

Convenient location to downtown Chandler so walking to restaurants and shop is not a problem. The rooms are clean and good size. I've only stayed on the first floor so the view might not be the best -- parking lot or vegetation if you're on an outside room. I'd opt for higher floors if you're someone that would like a view. Pool and hot tub are great. Veranda for meals is awesome! The staff are great! I've stayed here many times and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
Thanks for the great review of the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort!
We’re glad you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that make our resort a great place to stay.
We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

The room we stayed in was just renovated. Hurriedly. They forgot to turn the cold water back on. There were no wastebaskets. the dead bolt didn't work; when we called about that, the front desk told us we didn't need it since the door locked automatically when it closed. That being said, we were staying there for an event and the staff was SO nice. Always greeted us with a smile and a hello. That makes the difference between a good and a terrible stay for me. The rooms all opened into a courtyard, even though it was sold out, it was quiet.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort with us.
We sincerely want to apologize for the shortcomings you encountered with the guestroom during your stay and we will address those issues immediately.

We very much appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff and will share those with them.
We hope you thoroughly enjoyed your event and we look forward to your return!
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I had read mixed reviews about this hotel however when I arrived there I have to say that the staff were very helpful and welcoming and gave me about 5 vouchers for a breakfast for two people which i hadn't requested but was a pleasant surprise (I was staying for 10 nights).

The staff were friendly and smiling throughout the hotel and very helpful.

The pool area was lovely with fresh towels laid out on the chairs each day and although there wasn't an actual bar, there is a phone in the cabana which puts you straight through to the dining room and you can request food and drink to be brought out, including iced water which you don't pay for. Shannon was a particularly lovely waitress who came out to the pool.

The room was spacious and had plenty of room for clothing etc and was kept clean with new toiletries each day, plenty of towels and small bottles of water.
The only problem with the room was that there was no fridge (although there was an ice machine at the beginning of the corridor) and no safety deposit box (although there were some at reception).

The food at breakfast was good and they make an excellent Bloody Mary!

There is a shuttle bus for use within roughly a 5 mile radius for which there is no charge ( the drivers rely on gratuities and are very accommodating).
There are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance and there are plenty of malls and restaurants/bars etc. within a short taxi ride.

On the whole, I really liked this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Thank you for posting such a glowing review following your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Resort!
We’re glad you were able to experience all the amenities and features that make our resort a great place to stay. We’re very proud of our staff and their ability to make our guests feel welcome.
We look forward to seeing you next time.

Been to Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort? Share your experiences!