“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Sedona, Arizona
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The staff was very nice, the room was very clean and nice, too, however, it did not even have a fridge. i requested it and it came 1.5 hour after my request... The hotel grounds were not too clean, either. One out of the two elevators was broken, the other was simply dirty. The room was not 1005 soundproof, i could hear the music from a patio quite a distance from my courtyard, despite the closed balcony doors.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet night's sleep, do not take a room that would be over the main courtyard/pool...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to critique your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort. It’s a pleasure to share your comments regarding our staff. We will, however, be certain to address your concerns with the cleanliness of the grounds and elevator. We value your comments and we look forward to a future visit so we can turn your “Just OK” into “Excellent”.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was there for a week long training class. This is a historical resort, but yet it was nice and up to date. Rooms still have exterior entrances, but not a big deal. Pool is fabulous as is the incredibly large hot tub.

Did not eat in the restaurant, but heard the staff was great there. Jason at the lobby bar as well as Clarese (?) were wonderful. I forgot some things so their shuttle took me down the street to shop.

There are a lot a restaurant and bars nearby. Many being microbreweries. Even though the golf course is closed, there are still a lot in the area to play at.

I would stay here again if I ever make it back to this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. All have balconies with furniture though.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to post a great review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Resort! We were happy to see that enjoyed many of the wonderful amenities and people that make our resort a great place to stay. We hope to see you back again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We stayed here last week to take a break from the kids. The hotel is obviously going through what seam to be some good changes. Golf was closed for renovation but the hotel staff is amazing. The place is clean and has a great location, we will be back and you have a great value.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you for your 5-star review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort!
We agree that our resort is a “great spot” and we look forward to serving you on your next visit.
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a couple days for business. The history of the hotel is nice and its location is really nice if you need to be in the Chandler area (right on the edge of the downtown strip). The accommodations are very nice and the staff is very pleasant. I only have two complaints...well maybe only one real compliant. Being from New England, the summer heat in Arizona is a little tough to get used to, so not having any interior hallways was surprising and forces one to spend more time in the heat. For some, that may not be an issue at all. Also, don't think that their very lovely pool will be a refreshing dip in cool water. Being an outdoor pool, the sun cooks the water into a boiling pot that one could stream pasta in. Okay, maybe not that bad but you get the idea. My real compliant was with the cleaning staff. They just don't seem to care. I found clumps of hair clinging to my shower walls when I checked in. I'm normally not a queasy one, but that just made me wonder what else was not cleaned up properly. I would also see trays of food from room service sitting outside rooms in the morning and when I returned back to the hotel 8 to 9 hours later the same trays of food were still sitting there. Cooking in the Arizona sun. I'll let you decide if you want to stay here. As for me? I think I'll find a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for positing a review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort. I agree that summertime in Arizona can be overwhelming especially for visitors who may not be used to the heat. I would like to apologize for the condition of your guestroom and outside surrounding area. Please know this is not the level of cleanliness we expect to provide our guests. We will be certain to address your comments with our team members. We value your comments and hope you will get another chance to visit Arizona and our resort at a more enjoyable time of year. Please don’t hesitate to call me directly the next time you are in Chandler so that I may oversee the details of your stay and ensure a better experience.
Phuket, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We loved the historical aspect of the hotel. Good points about the hotel is the food, bar, pool. The rooms, once in, are decent, but similar to a low quality hotel. Landscaping is pretty bad. Over watering grass, ugly stucco building. That needs to be redone.

We will not stay again.

Stayed June 2014
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort. We are pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy our historical resort and experience our food and beverage outlets and our refreshing pool. We will be certain to address your concerns about our landscaping. Your comments are very valuable to us and we do hope you will give us another opportunity when you return to the Chandler area.
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I did not stay at the hotel as a guest, but tried to plan a non profit fundraiser. The representative was nice and polite at first. I told her our expectations for pricing and when I told her she went to the website of our prior caterer. She emailed me back and even said she did that and the pricing did not correlate with what I told her.

Well, for one thing we are non profit and worked out a special price and menu so it wasnt on the website and secondly how distasteful and tacky! Needless to say in the few days it took for her to get back to me, I booked another location that was willing to work with us.

Stayed July 2014
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak with you regarding the non-profit event you are planning. As I mentioned it is common for our staff to check our competitor’s pricing so that we can offer our best competitive pricing. We are sorry that you felt it was tacky and I have spoken with the sales manager about how she may have presented herself more professionally. I regret that we will not have a chance to work with you this year but don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to consider the San Marcos for any of your future events
Please accept my sincere apology for the misunderstanding and all the best in the success of your event.
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The San Marcos is a different place to stay. The rooms are comfortable (albeit a bit dated), and the grounds and pool areas quite pretty. It's nice to stay somewhere a bit different than the mainstream chains. It's very quiet in the off season.

Stayed July 2014
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We were very pleased to read your post following your stay at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort? Share your experiences!