This is my first choice of hotel in Chandler. In spite of that, I'm giving the an average score after much thought because of 2 items that would likely be a problem for anyone other than me and my husband. If the hotel improves upon these 2 things, absolutely a Very Good.
Issues I know would really bother some people:
1. The slow drain meant that there was quite a bit of standing water in the tub by the end of my shower that took a while to drain afterwards. I did not report this to the hotel so I'll admit that is not fair to them.
2. Housekeeping made our bed and gave us new towels - that's it. Countertops were not wiped down, pretty sure nothing was vacuumed. Didn't clean the coffee maker and left only one packet of coffee refill. First world problems, room wasn't gross or anything. But that's average service at best when compared to other hotels.
If you can overlook those 2 items, don't think twice:
1. Staff was friendly. Because they had a room free in the morning, they provided early check-in.
2. Rooms very recently updated and clean overall. The decor is great. I slept well in the comfy bed. AC worked well.
3. I love the pool area and really the grounds in general are lovely. No, it's not Scottsdale resort fancy, but there was ample seating, plenty of towels, and it was clean. We spent every morning at the pool. The hot tub is large, the pool is a nice size. There's also outdoor seating near the lobby with fire pits for cool desert nights (assuming that exists). The $10/day resort fee covers the towels, etc.
4. There's a breakfast place and a coffee shop in the hotel, adjacent to the pool area. Breakfast pastries at the coffee shop (made by the hotel) were top notch. The scone was delicious as was the croissant - not the dried-out junk I expected at all.
5. Location cannot be beat for the suburbs. Downtown Chandler has plenty of restaurants and bars that are walking distance to the hotel. San Tan Brewing and a new place called Perch offer excellent beer and food selections. I believe there is a theater nearby as well.
6. Golf course (closed right now) looks like it would be great for a morning round of golf if that's what you like. There's also a tennis court at the back of the property.
7. Free wifi!
Got a great deal online. I hope I can grab a similar deal when I return for Christmas with my family so I can stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an 18-hole USGA golf course with driving range and 35,000 square feet of meeting space the San Marcos Golf Resort Hotel is the perfect place to stay. Within minutes of Cactus League Spring Training visit your favorite teams: Chicago Cubs, Giants, Diamondback and the Angels. Just outside the front door you can explore downtown historic shops, breweries and eateries. Sink into a luxurious bed, with a pile of pillows, a plush duvet and satin-soft cotton sheets and awake revitalized and fresh to a full service Coffee House, featuring Starbucks located just outside your door. Relax and cool off after your golf game or a match on our lighted tennis courts in our 1912 lounge or AJ's Restaurant. Luxurious landscaped courtyards are a great way to unwind from your meeting, or enjoy the serenity on your private patio or balcony. Take a dip in our luxurious pool and therapy spa while enjoying a cocktail or check your e-mail using our complimentary Wi-Fi and business center. Located within minutes of Chandler Mall, PF Changs, theaters, AZ State University, and corporate office parks, leave the work to us by allowing our Resort Concierge take care of your entertainment & travel desires. We are just miles from Tempe, Gilbert, Mesa and Phoenix. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort Hotel is your perfect destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Hotel Chandler
- Crowne Plaza Chandler
- Chandler Crowne Plaza