I stayed at the Crowne Plaza San Marcos for one night while passing through Chandler on business. At first, the hotel seemed very well maintained, based on exterior appearance and the lobby. Once given the key to my room, I was disappointed at how far I had to walk to get there. Carrying a purse, backpack and rolling a suitcase, I had to walk quite a distance, outdoors, to get to the East elevator. Once I arrived on the third floor, I had to walk almost the same distance back toward the lobby to get to my room. They could certainly benefit from another elevator, or two! Once in my room, I found it to be clean, but in need of a little maintenance. The curtains seemed dingy, but the private balcony was a nice surprise. The bathroom was dated, and the toilet seat had a large chunk missing on the surface, but seemed clean. I was in a corner room on the third floor, near the pool, and I worried that it might be a bit too noisy at night, but I didn't hear a thing. I honestly don't know if I have ever slept that well in a hotel. The bed and pillows were comfortable. In the morning, I like to listen to the news while getting ready for the day, but this hotel has the bathroom fan connected to the light, so I was unable to hear the television unless I got ready in the mini-bar area. Overall, I would say that this was an average stay, nothing spectacular, but nothing that would prevent me from staying there again in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Hotel Chandler
- Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Chandler
- Chandler Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an 18-hole USGA golf course with driving range and 35,000 square feet of meeting space the San Marcos Golf Resort Hotel is the perfect place to stay. Within minutes of Cactus League Spring Training visit your favorite teams: Chicago Cubs, Giants, Diamondback and the Angels. Just outside the front door you can explore downtown historic shops, breweries and eateries. Sink into a luxurious bed, with a pile of pillows, a plush duvet and satin-soft cotton sheets and awake revitalized and fresh to a full service Coffee House, featuring Starbucks located just outside your door. Relax and cool off after your golf game or a match on our lighted tennis courts in our 1912 lounge or AJ's Restaurant. Luxurious landscaped courtyards are a great way to unwind from your meeting, or enjoy the serenity on your private patio or balcony. Take a dip in our luxurious pool and therapy spa while enjoying a cocktail or check your e-mail using our complimentary Wi-Fi and business center. Located within minutes of Chandler Mall, PF Changs, theaters, AZ State University, and corporate office parks, leave the work to us by allowing our Resort Concierge take care of your entertainment & travel desires. We are just miles from Tempe, Gilbert, Mesa and Phoenix. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort Hotel is your perfect destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.