I just returned from a business stay at this hotel. The hotel is charming and lots of history here. We had one of the wait staff tell us some of the stories of it's past. The staff here are friendly and accomodating. The restaurants are reasonably priced, and the food and service were very good.
The fact that there are so many other restaurants (and shops) within walking distance made this a great place to stay. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The location was perfect for my business needs.
There are a couple of negatives. First, the elevator was out in the West end while I was there. It did not get repaired during my entire stay of 4 days. I'm not sure who they contract with for elevator service, but 4 days without repair to me says 'find a new vendor'. There are three floors, and lugging your suitcase up and down the stairs was difficult.
The other negative is the heating and cooling system in the rooms. It's loud, and it's sporatic. While I was there last week, Arizona had an unprecedented cold snap. There were many guests, including one of my collegues, who complained about having no heat. When the system did come on, it kicked on and off continously, and the noise level was high.
Finally, the rooms felt dated to me. Carpet and furniture was older, and they still have tube tv's.
In summary, the 'pros' of this hotel outweigh the 'cons', and I will definitely stay here again when in the Chandler area.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Hotel
- Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Hotel Chandler
- Crowne Plaza Chandler
- Chandler Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an 18-hole USGA golf course with driving range and 35,000 square feet of meeting space the San Marcos Golf Resort Hotel is the perfect place to stay. Within minutes of Cactus League Spring Training visit your favorite teams: Chicago Cubs, Giants, Diamondback and the Angels. Just outside the front door you can explore downtown historic shops, breweries and eateries. Sink into a luxurious bed, with a pile of pillows, a plush duvet and satin-soft cotton sheets and awake revitalized and fresh to a full service Coffee House, featuring Starbucks located just outside your door. Relax and cool off after your golf game or a match on our lighted tennis courts in our 1912 lounge or AJ's Restaurant. Luxurious landscaped courtyards are a great way to unwind from your meeting, or enjoy the serenity on your private patio or balcony. Take a dip in our luxurious pool and therapy spa while enjoying a cocktail or check your e-mail using our complimentary Wi-Fi and business center. Located within minutes of Chandler Mall, PF Changs, theaters, AZ State University, and corporate office parks, leave the work to us by allowing our Resort Concierge take care of your entertainment & travel desires. We are just miles from Tempe, Gilbert, Mesa and Phoenix. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort Hotel is your perfect destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.