We called from our NYC airport and said because of storms, our flight was cancelled, we were being re-routed up to Boston, and our arrival would be considerably delayed. They said that EVEN THOUGH WE HAD PAID THE ENTIRE BILL IN ADVANCE (for the best rate), if we didn't arrive by the next morning we would be considered a No-Show and our rooms given to others, the payment forfeited!!! We got there. Rooms are fine, and spatious enough, if absolutely conventional. But with two impossibly slow elevators for the expansive wings of the property, we did a LOT of walking between parking lot and room, and room and front street where the restaurants were for reasonably priced breakfasts and local strolling. The 'heated' swimming pool was freezing, and in was located in an area where in January at least, was shaded by trees the entire day, making the whole area uncomfortably chilly. And for this -- they added a bogus daily $8 "resort fee" on top of the room rate, too expensive for the area. In short; our stay there for a necessary visit to infirm family was a mistake.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Hotel Chandler
- Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Chandler
- Chandler Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an 18-hole USGA golf course with driving range and 35,000 square feet of meeting space the San Marcos Golf Resort Hotel is the perfect place to stay. Within minutes of Cactus League Spring Training visit your favorite teams: Chicago Cubs, Giants, Diamondback and the Angels. Just outside the front door you can explore downtown historic shops, breweries and eateries. Sink into a luxurious bed, with a pile of pillows, a plush duvet and satin-soft cotton sheets and awake revitalized and fresh to a full service Coffee House, featuring Starbucks located just outside your door. Relax and cool off after your golf game or a match on our lighted tennis courts in our 1912 lounge or AJ's Restaurant. Luxurious landscaped courtyards are a great way to unwind from your meeting, or enjoy the serenity on your private patio or balcony. Take a dip in our luxurious pool and therapy spa while enjoying a cocktail or check your e-mail using our complimentary Wi-Fi and business center. Located within minutes of Chandler Mall, PF Changs, theaters, AZ State University, and corporate office parks, leave the work to us by allowing our Resort Concierge take care of your entertainment & travel desires. We are just miles from Tempe, Gilbert, Mesa and Phoenix. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort Hotel is your perfect destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.