We ate at the brunch buffet first week of August, 2012; me and my four friends got food poisoning. When I contacted the hotel to tell them about our illness, the gentlmen on the other line did not believe me. It was the only place the five of us ate and that same night is when we all started to get sick. The manager insisted the food is checked temp wise throughout the buffett...guess what? We did not see anyone check the temp of the food the 3 hours we were there. I asked the manager to refund us our money. The manager then offered us gift certificates to eat there again! Why would anyone want to eat somewhere, again, where they got food poisoning. We then proceeded to ask for a free night's stay to make up for the food poisoning. The manager then said ok. On September 2, 2012, we checked in at the hotel. The front desk person, who could barely speak English "tried" to assist us with our free night coupon. She then asked for a credit card for "incidentals". I gave her my card. She said only a $25 hold fee would be charged. Guess what? She put a hold of $141 on my card. How is this a free nights stay. To date, this money is still on hold on my card. Anyway, we proceed to our room, which is way on the other side of the complex. It was however, an opportunity to check out the grounds. What a dump. This place is unkept and old. We get in our room and we find stains all over the blankets, a dirty shower, cracks in the ceiling...I can go on and on. We decided to stay the night anyway. The next day we proceeded to check out. I spoke with Beau, front desk manager. We complained about the dirty room and the unauthorized charges on my credit card. He never once said he was sorry, what can I do to fix this, nothing.
Long story long, do not eat or stay at Crowne Plaza Golf "Resort" (so NOT A RESORT- it ranks with Motel 6). You are bound to get food poisoning or bitten by bed bugs!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Hotel
- Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Hotel Chandler
- Crowne Plaza Chandler
- Chandler Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an 18-hole USGA golf course with driving range and 35,000 square feet of meeting space the San Marcos Golf Resort Hotel is the perfect place to stay. Within minutes of Cactus League Spring Training visit your favorite teams: Chicago Cubs, Giants, Diamondback and the Angels. Just outside the front door you can explore downtown historic shops, breweries and eateries. Sink into a luxurious bed, with a pile of pillows, a plush duvet and satin-soft cotton sheets and awake revitalized and fresh to a full service Coffee House, featuring Starbucks located just outside your door. Relax and cool off after your golf game or a match on our lighted tennis courts in our 1912 lounge or AJ's Restaurant. Luxurious landscaped courtyards are a great way to unwind from your meeting, or enjoy the serenity on your private patio or balcony. Take a dip in our luxurious pool and therapy spa while enjoying a cocktail or check your e-mail using our complimentary Wi-Fi and business center. Located within minutes of Chandler Mall, PF Changs, theaters, AZ State University, and corporate office parks, leave the work to us by allowing our Resort Concierge take care of your entertainment & travel desires. We are just miles from Tempe, Gilbert, Mesa and Phoenix. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort Hotel is your perfect destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Crowne Plaza San Marcos Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.