“When Windmill Inn says "pet friendly," they really mean it.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3535 W Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85226-5018 (Formerly Windmill Suites at Chandler Fashion Center)   |
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Cheyenne
“When Windmill Inn says "pet friendly," they really mean it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

We were pleased to find our suite to be a spacious, comfortable, and clean place to rest and relax. My husband and I were traveling with our nearly 15-year-old standard poodle. This suite was reasonably priced, and we were treated so nicely by everyone on the staff. They strive to provide 110% hospitality guarantee, and they got the job done! :)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

My husband and I were in a tight spot -- my parents coming to help us move with our 6-month-old baby and the house didn't close on time! The Windmill Inn was wonderful. The room was lovely and quiet (and they kindly accommodated my request to be a little bit secluded due to the baby), the kitchen was very usable for a kitchenette, and the staff was OUTSTANDING.

Alyssa and others at the front desk made the stay especially great. They accommodated our requests for extra pillows, a "kitchen kit" (free!) with utensils, dishes, etc., hot water to warm a bottle, all kinds of things.

The continental breakfast was made slightly better than usual by the opportunity to make your own waffle! That made it for me! :)

Great experience.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
KoppECat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

We stayed at the Windmill Inn in Chandler in July. I must say that this place with the service, amenities, price, and beautiful room is the best place I have ever spent the night away from home!! Really.

We used the pool, exercise equipment, all day coffee and continental breakfast. I felt guilty getting those free gas cards each day too!! My wife said next time we go up there even if we are in Phoenix we are staying back at your place. I agree. Anyway, it was so nice to have staff happy and helpful and not looking like they were on some type of drug.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

I spend at least 6 nights a month in Chandler on business, and after trying all of the hotels in the Chandler Fashion Island shopping area (up and down Chandler Blvd), it is my opinion that the Windmill Inn offers the best rooms at the best price. I have been staying at the Windmill for a few years now when I travel to Chandler.

Tips from a frequent guest:

* Ask for a patio suite, especially if you are going to be hanging out by the pool.
* The free wireless reception is pretty good and easy to access
* There are a bunch of restaurants in the area, and you can find discount coupons for some of them at the front desk.

One of the things that could be improved is the in-room movie system - I have never ordered one because the reception on the preview channel is horrible and I guess I assume that the movies might have the same problem.

Other than that, the hotel seems well-run and the front desk staff is friendly and professional. it's not the Ritz-Carlton but you get your money's worth.

I highly recommend the Windmill to anyone looking for a nice, clean place at a good value.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Columbia River Gorge WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

Traveling as a musician doing busisness internatinally I have to say I had a fantastic experience at this location. The Staff first off was fantastic , professional and gave extreme customer care. The complete staff was fantastic! Great folks. I do not agrfee with all reviews I read, Rooms very accomodating, nicely decorated, nice wet bar microwave frig, enough for a couple to enjoy and be very comfrtable. I found this place to be best suited for my needs, price was great for what you get! Rooms comfortable, and clean. Since I travel Inetrnationally and stay in so many hotels I gave this a complete 5 star!. It is now my choice as I make Phoenix visits or shows! The free mini room service and paper delivered is great if you can't make breakfast bar!
Thanks for a fantastic stay to the Staff
Heartflight

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

During Summer of 2007 I stayed here for weeks at a time (business travel). It is certainly not a fancy place, but the staff is very attentive and helpful, the rooms are fine (not fancy, but good for business travel). I have been able to get into my room early on several trips, which was important on a hectic business schedule (you do have to call ahead and ask if you can come early).
The small cooking area (microwave, small refrigerator) is very handy ... and they always seem to keep a large basket of nice, free apples in the lobby ... not to mention the basic do-it-yourself breakfast.
I mainly come for the low cost (about 50-70% lower than others in the area), while being clean and serviceable. Compared to some other hotels in the area that I have stayed at down the street, the rooms are only slightly less 'fancy'. Keep in mind that the rooms are pretty straight forward, not a lot of decoration (beige/white) but do have a separate bedroom and den ... bedding is plain but serviceable.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

We had booked at another hotel chain and they overbooked so they moved us to this hotel and lucky for us! It is an all suite hotel so we had a separate bedroom and sitting area with micro and fridge. Heated outdoor pool and hottub. Bicycles available to borrow. Within walking distance to good shopping and good restaurants. Hotel was clean and front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning is the standard juice, coffee, cereals, eggs and waffles nothing special but available and well presented. This is about a 20-30 minute drive south of the airport and 15 minutes or so from Angels Spring Training Field. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center? Share your experiences!