“Mi amor de mi vida!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3535 W Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85226-5018 (Formerly Windmill Suites at Chandler Fashion Center)   |
Ranked #4 of 28 hotels in Chandler
Chandler, Arizona
“Mi amor de mi vida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I have lived less than 2 miles from this hotel for almost 5 years. I have had many friends come to visit from out of town who chose to stay at other hotels in the area.
The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are super clean and comfy.
The beds are absolutely the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, in a hotel!
I met the woman I love there when she was visiting me from out of town and we both could not believe how nice this place is for the rate. I would recommend this place for anyone who is going to be staying in Chandler for family or romantic visits. I cannot comment on the internet or TV quality since neither were used during my stay *wink*

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
JRCauvin, Owner at Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
We thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at our Chandler property.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our team members.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us.

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Dissappointing after reading the reviews on trip advisor.

The rooms are very spacious. Hot cookies at the front desk are good.

Hotel is old -- several decades at least, and furnishings are tired and worn. Very long halls and long walks to the rooms. We found a few suspicious small stains behind the headboard in our first room which made us wonder about whether there were bedbugs in the hotel. We moved to a futher room because it was late at night when we arrived, our reservations had been made in advance and it was too late to find another hotel. We noticed an entire row of rooms on one floor with mattresses stacked against the windows and curtains open to the sun -- renovations did not appear to be in progress -- so this was also suspicious.

Long long waits at front desk were the norm while the workers spoke Spanish on the phone, with potential drive by guests and with existing guests -- as the line grows and grows. Desk staff were oblivious and callous about the long wait times. On at least three occasions, we literally waited 20 minutes just to ask a simple question.

I would NOT go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
JRCauvin, Owner at Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
We find it suspicious that this TripAdvisor comment was posted on July 13, 2011 related to a stay that took place 8 months ago in November 2010.

We appreciate this guest’s positive comments. Regarding his/her concerns it makes it difficult for us to investigate as their stay was 8 months ago.

We ask our guests, on our Guest Registration Card and in our Welcome Letter, to please notify us immediately should a concern arise during their stay so we can verify the concern and take the necessary corrective action. If we were made aware of the concern and were unable to resolve it, we would have extended to this guest our 110% Hospitality Guarantee by not charging them for their room and inviting them back for an additional night at our expense. Additionally, my personal 800 number is posted in each suite and on our website so this or any guest can contact me personally.

The reason this guest would have seen mattresses stacked in guest suites was that we were in the process of upgrading our 127 suites with new mattresses and upgraded linens. Furthermore, we conduct a yearly complete preventive maintenance program beginning in November of each year that entails movement of all furniture in preparation of the repainting of the suite.

We find this TripAdvisor guest’s opinion contradictory to the 93% rating that is made up of 62 reviews.

I invite this guest to contact me directly at (800) 689-4670 and I will be happy to address his/her concerns.

Windmills Inns & Suites
Marysville, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The location is great, and the staff are helpful and friendly! I call to get help on the website, and I also appreciate the great help I get at the front desk. Also, the breakfast has good hours and good food!

Room Tip: There is no sound issue at this hotel-I have never heard a neighbor. (stayed on 2nd & 3rd floors...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
JRCauvin, Owner at Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at our Chandler location.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our team members. We will recognize the outstanding service they have provided.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Another positive experience with Windmill Inn & Suites! This time at Chandler Fashion Center. We stayed at the one in Tucson for Memorial Day, liked it so much, we decided to stay at this one. Very, VERY enjoyable. Super comfortable beds, nice, relaxing suites, FREE hot breakfast, free wifi, cable, etc.. What's not to like? For those hoping for a HUGE diving pool, I suggest staying at a Marriott or Westin property instead! (and pay the premium for it.). This hotel is a terrific value for business traveler and vacationer alike. I wholeheartedly recommend it. Customer service is very friendly and responsive. That includes the maintenance staff. Example: there was a minor repair issue at the pool that I pointed out to one of the maintenance people after I went swimming shortly before checking out this morning. By the time I was wheeling my stuff out to the car with my wife, he stopped me to say that he had already taken care of it. These people know how to run a hotel! We WILL be back....

Room Tip: You always get friendlier service when you're a friendlier guest! :)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
JRCauvin, Owner at Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about our Chandler Windmill Inn.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us.

New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Booked this hotel from New Zealand, based on Tripadviser reviews.
The full fee was paid in advance for what was meant to be a large room.
On arrival they had our booking, but the room seemed to be relatively small. We stayed two nights and used the pool, and the local shopping was very good.
At checkout time, they said that the room had not been pre-paid, and billed our credit card for the room.
Our travel agent in NZ is now trying to get a refund of the pre-payment.
Customer service sucks.

Room Tip: Don't pre-pay!!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
JRCauvin, Owner at Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
We have investigated this guest allegation that our company is double dipping by charging them for a stay that they believed was prepaid through their travel agent.

Our systems indicate that the reservation was made through our website on April 11th.
We do not take prepaid reservations on our website. The travel agent or this guest booked a Memorial Day promotional rate which is not a prepaid reservation through our website.

We believe that the travel agent misinformed this guest resulting in these unfounded accusations. We will cooperate fully either with this guest or the travel agent should they have any questions. They may call us at 480-443-0909 ext. 103 or 106.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

We spent five days here and this was by far the hardest place to want to leave of all the places we stayed on our roadtrip. Close to top-notch restaurants and shopping (walking distance for some) Rooms were very spacious, and the staff was wonderful. As far as hearing other guests, we NEVER heard a peep!!! Breakfast was perfect and well-rounded.

The only complaint I can find is that it would help if they put in more sound-proof windows to make the road noise less noticeable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

This was one of the nicest places that I ever stayed. It was super clean and very very comfortable. It is pet friendly and very accommodating without being charged additional fees. Breakfast was included and there were very good choices. I thought that it was maximum bang for the buck.
The Windmill will be my first choice when traveling where they are available. I will definately return to this one.

Room Tip: Just ask.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center? Share your experiences!