“Good, but with some mishaps....” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 520 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Fleming's Chandler, AZ is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in Chandler next to Ahwatukee, not far from Tempe, Gilbert, and Phoenix.
Tempe, Arizona
“Good, but with some mishaps....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

It was extremely crowded when we went, so we snagged a spot at the bar (bonus). We ate off of the bar specials menu, which was fine with us. The calamari is SO GOOD, I would just order that for dinner next time. The lamb chops were not my favorite...and I love lamb. i don't know if it was the mint in the sauce/garish thing that turned me off, or if it was that the lamb was extremely gamey...it was nearing awful. I ate it because I was hungry and didn't know if I would be able to get something to replace it before the entire restaurant burst from being so crowded. The creme brulee is absolutely excellent and we loved the truffles they gave us for our anniversary. Hubby loved his sliced steak and from the bite I got I should have ordered that instead. I don't think we will be going back as it's far enough from our house and it wasn't spectacular enough to warrant either the long wait, or the higher prices.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Mesa, Arizona
“BIG DISAPPOINTMENT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My Daughters made reservations for a party of four. I chose lobster for my main dish; my wife and daughters chose steak. The lobster was mushy and the steaks were stringy and tough. The server did not charge us for the lobster and cooked us one lobster to replace the two bad ones. I did eat one of the original lobsters and I paid for it all night. We Paid a lot of money for just plain bad food. NEVER AGAIN

KenBo

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Illinois
“Great Place for a Big Group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

50th Wedding Anniversary party of around 40 people. Hors d'oeuvers were outstanding. Had a choice of 3 entrees, chose the filet, was done to perfection. The cheesy potatos where superb as were the green beans. Wine selection is extremely good. Wait staff was very attentive. If any criticism it would be the time between taking orders and food being served, but the wait was well worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon, Canada
“over rated , over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

although the food was decent, the service was subst was substandard , both were not up to standard of the prices, give the Long Horn accross the street a try instead.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“So Consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's Flemming's, need I say more. Brought some customers here for a post meeting dinner and Brian, our waiter, was fabulous. Kept all orders perfectly matched and was always attentive. Multiple New York Strips were cooked to perfection. I ordered mine smothered in blue cheese. Wow! So perfectly medium rare and the cheese and juices still make my mouth water.

In my opinion, the best chain chop house in the country.

• Visited January 2013