“The rooms were clean. This is the 2nd time staying there. I...” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel - Chandler / Phoenix
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7171 West Chandler Boulevard, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Ranked #23 of 26 hotels in Chandler

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

#1 I had been there a few nights and received a call from Erica asking if I was staying, I replied yes and she said she needed another form of payment, I tried giving another card, she said it had to be cash (with $100 deposit) and made in person by me, I told her how I was in hospital with family and couldnt be right there, she said I had to, then I called back and she said 230, I said okay, then at 1240 she called saying she was calling police. She said she said 1230, I said she said 230 then she said she meant 1230, I went and paid and stayed another week and a half reluctantly. Second, a few days before leaving, Erica called before I left for work (about 7am) and said the maid found something smelly in my trash and smelled the whole hall and they cant have that there. I asked what it was (thinking what could possibly smell that bad that was in trash), she said "urine", I asked what and where in shock, why would I have urine in a trash, I was trying to think what I had that may smell like urine and the only thing that may have been in trash was dr pepper or friend had beer one night visiting. She said (again) they cant have that there and said the maid HAD to come check room to "make sure things werent out of control", I had to get myself ready and tried to make arrangements to take my dog somewhere else for the day so I could go to work, and ended up taking him to work with me, which isnt okay. I had changed sheets a couple nights before that, mopped, swept, kept laundry and towels going, etc, the only thing needed was vacuuming and I was okay with that as long as my dog was safe and not at work with me, so I was shocked when I heard the word "urine" and "out of control" when all I was doing was sleeping and working, not urinating everywhere like an elephant or something. She was exceptionally rude and unprofessional both encounters, the night man at front desk wasnt friendly either, BUT 1 night I called front and the NICEST man brought batteries for remote and NICEST man was there the day I checked out... NICE NICE NICE.. I WISH I knew his name!! Maid seemed sweet the day I checked out also.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Michael W, General Manager at Super 8 Motel - Chandler / Phoenix, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear S J
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel . It is important to let travelers know that we do not allow these issues to take place here in the hotel . I am not sure of your current resident status, as you have first stated you were visiting family in hospital then made mention of going off to work . We are unable to take a credit card payment over the phone when we have none on file for your stay . With all the credit card safety issues of recent I am sure you can understand . But having the credit card with you would not be a problem at the front desk . We only take a cash deposit when a cash payment for room has been paid and no credit card is available . Unfortunately we are not set up to be a kennel or provide a boarding service for pets left unattended throughout the day and evening. We are a pet friendly hotel and allow pets to travel with their owners and enjoy time spent with them in their day and evening . I am sorry if you felt any of the staff was uncaring to yourself or dog .
Sincerely
Michael Ward
General Manager Super 8 Chandler

Been to Super 8 Motel - Chandler / Phoenix? Share your experiences!