“I was sadly disappointed with this visit. The Motel was...” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel - Chandler / Phoenix
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7171 West Chandler Boulevard, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Ranked #23 of 27 hotels in Chandler
Mazatlán, México
“I was sadly disappointed with this visit. The Motel was...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was sadly disappointed with this visit. The Motel was very stark, no Refrigerator in the room like before. The continental breakfast was very bleak, no fruits, no milk, no variety of pastries as in the past. I have been staying here at least twice a year and for the first time I was disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Erik L, Manager at Super 8 Motel - Chandler / Phoenix, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your stay at the property. Our staff certainly strives to provide the most memorable and wonderful experience possible. I am sorry for any inconvenience that you may have experienced at the hotel. Our breakfast room does come with waffles, fresh fruit, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, cereal, toast, apple and orange juice, and coffee and we are certainly looking for ways to improve in all aspects. Your feedback will help us achieve our goal of making sure that all of our guests have a terrific experience and we really hope that you give us another opportunity to provide a wonderful experience.

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Nice pet room, very clean however there was no hot water and electrical switch plate was missing in a location easily reached by a child or pet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your stay at the property. We certainly take all feedback seriously and will always look for ways to improve all of our guests' experiences at the property. Our staff strives to improve in providing the best customer service, adhering to all guests requests, and providing the most memorable experience. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. The pilot light was not working properly, but we called the plumber to come and fix it immediately. In addition, we have adjusted the placement of the switch to make sure that all of our guests are safe and comfortable. Our focus is to make sure that we address every issue immediately. Please do come and visit us again and we are certain that we will provide a wonderful experience.

Wildomar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

stopped in late at night, night manager was very friendly and cordial. Asked for a smoking room since I was informed that there was one available. Initial entry: room smelled musty, closest lamp and clock/radio were unplugged (hard to see further into the room). Finally got settled and first thing I noticed was the uncleanliness of the carpets (worn, dirty). Because of the smoking room, the smoke detector had been removed from the ceiling and was placed on the counter in the bathroom. The linens on the bed appeared relatively clean however the bedspreads and pillows had a foul odor. I checked all the pillows and found one that I could tolerate (barely). I needed the telephone book in the dresser and found that it had been soaked/watered at some point previous to my visit. I was able to glean the information that I wanted, however I felt like I had to use a pair of gloves to handle it. There were enough clean towels however they were very stiff and scratchy. I had to flush the toilet several times in order to remove any deposits (almost overflowed twice). The air conditioner was VERY loud but did an adequate job of keeping the room cool. In the morning, I looked out the back window and noticed the hotel pool. I am not exagerating when I tell you the water color was green...no swim for me. Breakfast was the usual fare (no complaints) and the morning staff seemed just as friendly as the night manager.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Erik L, Manager at Super 8 Motel - Chandler / Phoenix, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to your review. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Our maintenance department is aware of the pool issue and we are in the process of repairing the pool. In addition, our housekeeping staff will continue to evaluate all aspects of our rooms and make sure our guests enjoy a comfortable and clean room. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve, because our goal is to provide the most memorable and terrific experience possible. I want to you assure that our staff understands working together as a team and providing value and a memorable experience and we will continue to work towards providing the guest the most pleasant experience at our hotel.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

But it is in the location we need so it is worth a stop. The price at the desk was $2 more than Expedia but we didn't quibble. The pool appears to be closed - and it is in a terrible spot anyway. They let us check in at 10AM which was perfect. Overall - an okay place.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback that we will use to improve all of our guests' experience with us. We appreciate the candid feedback and our staff strives to provide the most wonderful experience possible and our goal is to provide work together as a staff and ensure our guests have a terrific experience. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced and we certainly hope that you will give us an opportunity to provide service for you again. Thank you for staying with us and we will continue to work hard in providing the most excellent experience possible.

Ramona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This property was not up to my expectations. Inside was clean enough.. but everything seemed a bit off. no cars outside and while I had a reservation, the person asked me if I wanted upstairs or downstairs, I told her that it did not matter, when she proceeded to inform me that she had no rooms available downstairs so she would give me upstairs in that case. Then she was looking through a whole box of key envelops when she writes my room number down on a half sheet of paper she tore off a pad and informs me that she had no more key envelops. being confused, I asked what did you say?, she pointed to the box of envelops and said she had no more of these so she was writing my number on a piece of paper.. I saw no one else around and open hallways to rooms on the 1st floor. on the second floor, one hallway to the rooms was open and the other had a closed door in front of it. well, my non smoking room was behind that door and once i opened it.. that hall was worse than any bar I had visited while smoking was still allowed everywhere. I only had to go 20 feet down the hall and my room was non smoking and was fine inside except that it was 110 degrees outside and they had not had the air conditioning turned on in the room. I turned it on max and by the next morning when i got up to check out, the room was finally cool. The pool was closed with an out of order sign on it and a bright green color to the water... no warning during check in that was the case. Two very small pillows on each queen bed which was not all that comfortable. The price was reasonable (not a bargain) and it was only one night, but out of all the hotels that i have stayed in the Phoenix area, this one ranks down in the bottom half of my experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Our staff will always endeavor to ensure that all our guests’ stays are comfortable. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve, because our goal is to provide the most memorable and terrific experience possible. I want to you assure that our staff understands working together as a team and providing value and a memorable experience and we will continue to work towards providing the guest the most pleasant experience at our hotel.

Management

Been to Super 8 Motel - Chandler / Phoenix? Share your experiences!