“Poor Customer Service” 3 of 5 stars

+1 480-940-1500
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Whirlwind Golf Club is truly a unique southwest golf experience. The courses, clubhouse, and practice facilities are sensitively designed to preserve the rich cultural heritage of the Gila River Indian Community. Named for the prominent design feature of the hand-woven basketry of the Authum tribe, Whirlwind is the work of golf course architect Gary Panks. His design weaves the spirit and legacy of this ancient land into a marvelous test of golf. The Devil's Claw course features sweeping elevation changes and dramatic bunkering. The Cattail course complements the Devil's Claw, but lends a whole new flavor to this 36-hole masterpiece, with its rolling fairways accented by striking water features and deep canyons. Whirlwind promises a dynamic golf experience marked by spectacular landscaping, unrivaled course conditions, and genuine customer service.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Poor Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I played this course for an industry event and I was very disappointed. The bad experience started with a bad attitude waitress. I tried to move a chair out of her way and she gave me a look like I should die. Everyone at my table commented on how disrespectful she acted. Once we started playing golf it didn't get much better. The course only had one beverage cart and I was almost 2 hour into the round before we saw the cart. Once it arrived it had no snacks and very little cold drinks. When they returned a few hours later it was the same thing, no snacks. The finally showed up with snacks on the final hole. Once the round was over the course wouldn't handle sending our clubs back to the hotel. I know this sounds petty but after playing in 90 degree heat with no food and cool drinks they could have at least taken care of our clubs
The course itself was really nice and laid out well. If you play it make sure you bring plenty of snacks.

Visited May 2013

Spokane, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“overpriced, but nice course”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

way to proud of their course. Book on golfnow to avoid this issue. No GPS for distances. Didn't supply free water bottles or towels.

Visited April 2013
Chandler, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best maintained cours in the are”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is our favorite course in the Phoenix area. Two seperate 18 hole courses very scenic and well maintained. On the Indian reservation so no homes adjacent to the fairways. Their bar/restaurant serves excellent food after your round.

Visited February 2013
Billings, Montana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beautiful property, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a very beautiful and dramatic property. From the bag drop to the pro-shop, restaurant, and cart drop-off we were greeted and helped by very friendly folks. We had a nice lunch on the patio overlooking the putting green and the 18th hole prior to our round. The turkey club, quesadilla, and deli sandwich were great! For a novice golfer like me, the course was challenging; lots of sand trap and desert action. The traps are steeply walled which meant I had to use my hand wedge else I would still be there flailing away. Great waterfall hole called Dragonfly Falls. Course was in lovely shape. Saw a healthy coyote, roadrunners, a large hawk or two, and many pocket gophers. We really enjoyed our round, and the beverage/snack cart came around just when we started thinking about a cold drink or two. Bathrooms every three to five holes which were clean and nice. Water stations everywhere were much appreciated!

Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“My 1st AZ golf game!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I flew in from Asia for a Chandler meeting and we pay a special price of $99 for a afternoon game with a few flights. Club rental was expensive at $60, callaway Raz clubs , so so conditions, price comes with a nice callaway golf bag that holds some callaway Octave balls. Damage is $160 bucks and we pay our own Cos it is not covered under company. At this price, I can have very nice course with a caddy in Asia. Course is interesting to me but I expected to see more cactus tree being in AZ but only saw a few. Lots of sands and rough filled with thorny hard scrub that caught my OB ball right in the middle, didn't even land. There were some ducks on one of par 3 near the lake, and they poo all over the green. Not very nice when u putt. I still had fun cos it's still golf and u don't complain when u get to play.
Food at cafeteria is expensive too but quite tasty. Beer with friends is best.
Course was not impressive to be honest, the company u have matters most!