“Beautiful property, friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars

+1 480-940-1500
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Whirlwind Golf Club is truly a unique southwest golf experience. The courses, clubhouse, and practice facilities are sensitively designed to preserve the rich cultural heritage of the Gila River Indian Community. Named for the prominent design feature of the hand-woven basketry of the Authum tribe, Whirlwind is the work of golf course architect Gary Panks. His design weaves the spirit and legacy of this ancient land into a marvelous test of golf. The Devil's Claw course features sweeping elevation changes and dramatic bunkering. The Cattail course complements the Devil's Claw, but lends a whole new flavor to this 36-hole masterpiece, with its rolling fairways accented by striking water features and deep canyons. Whirlwind promises a dynamic golf experience marked by spectacular landscaping, unrivaled course conditions, and genuine customer service.
Billings, Montana
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Beautiful property, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a very beautiful and dramatic property. From the bag drop to the pro-shop, restaurant, and cart drop-off we were greeted and helped by very friendly folks. We had a nice lunch on the patio overlooking the putting green and the 18th hole prior to our round. The turkey club, quesadilla, and deli sandwich were great! For a novice golfer like me, the course was challenging; lots of sand trap and desert action. The traps are steeply walled which meant I had to use my hand wedge else I would still be there flailing away. Great waterfall hole called Dragonfly Falls. Course was in lovely shape. Saw a healthy coyote, roadrunners, a large hawk or two, and many pocket gophers. We really enjoyed our round, and the beverage/snack cart came around just when we started thinking about a cold drink or two. Bathrooms every three to five holes which were clean and nice. Water stations everywhere were much appreciated!

Singapore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“My 1st AZ golf game!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I flew in from Asia for a Chandler meeting and we pay a special price of $99 for a afternoon game with a few flights. Club rental was expensive at $60, callaway Raz clubs , so so conditions, price comes with a nice callaway golf bag that holds some callaway Octave balls. Damage is $160 bucks and we pay our own Cos it is not covered under company. At this price, I can have very nice course with a caddy in Asia. Course is interesting to me but I expected to see more cactus tree being in AZ but only saw a few. Lots of sands and rough filled with thorny hard scrub that caught my OB ball right in the middle, didn't even land. There were some ducks on one of par 3 near the lake, and they poo all over the green. Not very nice when u putt. I still had fun cos it's still golf and u don't complain when u get to play.
Food at cafeteria is expensive too but quite tasty. Beer with friends is best.
Course was not impressive to be honest, the company u have matters most!

Calgary, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Nice course but pricey for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Course itself was very well maintained, but for the $146 I paid, I would have gotten the following things at any same priced golf course at home. GPS on the golf carts, bottled water in the cup holders, course Marshall that actually maintains the speed of play. None of that here.

Visited February 2013
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I liked everything. I disliked nothing. The tiny little girl that served us beer was an excellent server. (she just got married) never did get her name.Very friendly.

Visited November 2012
Armstrong, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great courses, great facility, awesome staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have spent time at Whirlwind practicing and playing. Can find no fault as of yet. You are treated first class from the moment you step on the property.

Visited November 2012