“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Chandler, Arizona
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Always get the same thing, green corn tamales, but everything is great. The bean dip is a little thin sometimes, but I love their salsa. WE love to sit out on the patio.

Visited April 2013

71% Recommend
Seattle/Tacoma
“Big Margaritas and Cheap!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The above title expresses my husband's criteria for a five star rating. Me, I am a little more demanding. Out- of-towners, we went to Valle Luna with some rels who had been out of the country for a month and were suffering from the lack of their usual Mexican fare. We had a good time catching up and I must admit, the margaritas were big for the happy hour price.

We also ordered some small plates: guacamole, chicken wings, a basket of beef tacos, and a quesadilla. My husband and I were going to my sister's place for tacos for dinner so we were thinking of this as aperitivos. Yeah, right. Three baskets of chips later, I was full before the food arrived. The chips were good and I did enjoy to the beans that came with the salsa. The guac...kind of tasteless, I thought and the chicken wings dried out.

The cheese quesadilla was fine especially when topped with their salsas and beans. Did I mention the margaritas were big and delicious?

Can't report on the tacos as I didn't try them but they got rave reviews from the rels and we didn't leave any behind.

For a fun place for conversation and some good margaritas and inexpensive "aperitivos" try Valle Luna. It seems to be a favorite for many.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MESA
“Unimpressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I realize this restaurant is very popular so maybe I was just one of an unlucky few, but I was disappointed. We sat in the bar area because the wait for a table was pretty long. The server in the bar area was quick to say she'd remove us from the waiting list and serve us dinner but she didn't seem to have the time to wait on us either. I ordered fajitas and they were just so-so, very heavy on the onions and just a few pieces of pepper and steak. They serve fajitas with 2 wedges of tomato and one of mine had a visibly rotten spot on it the size of a dime. I would have complained but that would have required our server to return before I gave up. By the time I saw her again I was just looking for a refill on my tea.

I'd give the place a second chance if it were more conveniently located for me. As it is, I am unlikely to be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, Oregon
“Fine Mexican dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My Sister took my Mom, my wife and I to the Chandler Valle Luna last week and we loved it. Reasonable priced entres--the enchilladas were perfect! The signature drink--called the White Death, which is Cuervo gold with a float of Grand Marnier was very nice indeed, especially since I did not need to drive! Overall a great meal----I will go again when I get back to the Phoenix area. Yum

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jasper, Georgia
“Very Good Mexican Restaurant - Locals watch for 2 for 1 Coupons!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I enjoyed this restaurant and we had excellent service. I went with a friend from the area and she had a 2 for 1 coupon (with purchase of a drink) so that saved us money. I am from Georgia so it is a pleasant surprise to see a couple of Mexican restaurants there serving complimentary bean dip with the chips and salsa. We both ordered the Pollo Fundido with refried beans and rice and it was a large portion and she took part of both of ours home. She had the shredded chicken in her order and I chose the fajita chicken meat. I am a bit picky so it was nice having the chicken breast fajita chicken meat without onions as the filling.

It was too cold on our visit to do outdoor seating, but it looked like that would be a great time as well! Pretty view of water.

Give this one a try!