“Foodie choice, casual, fun wine bistro” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
SanFrancisco
“Foodie choice, casual, fun wine bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We wanted out of Chandler mall zone!! Downtown Chandler is really festive, many nice restaurants.
Lunch at Kokopelli bistro was really fun and tasty. The mac and cheese was really a good choice as were the salads. The bruchetta's were all very flavorfull, we especially liked the shrimp hummus ones.
They have nice wines at very decent prices, quite a few choices. The service was what I would call
" very witty and on the spot ". Our server was really a fun and talkative gal. Good choice, go , have
fun.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Nice place for lunch in historic downtown Chandler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stopped at Kokopelli for lunch and had some creative food and some nice (Arizona) wine. Enjoyed a glass of their Chardonnay (stay away from the Reserve) with spicy Cuban sliders, a fresh salad and rosemary chicken panini. It's a simple menu from a variety standpoint but I would come back to try dinner and enjoy the evening entertainment. Or, to simply sample some of their wines.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fun Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We returned to Kokoeplli for my daughters birthday celebration dinner with a group of her friends. The staff was great, the wine was excellent and the pot roast for dinner was the best I have had in years. They had dueling pianos later in the evening and it was a great fit for the place. I will be back. The cabernet reserve was an excellent wine.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crest Hill, IL
“Old historic district in Chandler - Kokopelli Bistro and Winery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I made reservations for Saturday February 2, 2013 at 7 pm. We were told the entertainment would be jazz/blues and would start at 7 pm. We asked for a table close to the entertainment. We did arrive at 7 pm and the hostess Carmen is very outgoing and friendly. My husband found parking in an unpaved lot directly behind the Bistro with a hallway which led to the restaurant. (Note: there were tables in a single row beside the walkway). There was a 3 piece jazz/blues group setting up as we arrived. They sat us immediately at a table for 4 by the small area used for the entertainment. Our waiter was Collin and he was efficient and took time to explain the wines and food choices. I ordered the wine tasting which is 6 one ounce glasses of any of their wines on the list that you choose. Collin brought 3 at a time and explained which of my choices was being served. All of the wines were on the sweeter side especially the Sparkling Minosa (which did taste like a Minosa). My husband ordered a 6 ounce glass of Pinot Noir Reserve (which was excellent). The restaurant began to fill up and it looked like there were only two wait staff working that night. We decided to order when Collin brought the second set of 3 wine samples. I ordered the artichoke with crab meat appetizer ($9) The artichoke dip was warm (and slightly spicy) with cold crab meat on top. They served it with toasted bread wedges. I also ordered from the Tapas menu the Four Peaks Braised Short Rib which came over mashed potatoes. (It was ok but only had 1 boneless short rib for $7and I probably would not order again). My husband had the Merlot Braised Pot Roast with gravy, mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables ($14). He thought it was very good and tender. After our meal we took a walk down the quaint street to the Hotel and back stopping at the Pizza restaurant for 2 ice cream cones. There were many other restaurants in the couple block old historic district which seemed filled with customers. All the restaurants were open and one shop which carried things made in Arizona and by artisians. Saba's Western Store is next door to Kokopelli's but was closed. Each building in this historic district has a plaque explaining what it had been in it's prime. Good place to people watch but other than eating and drinking not much else to do in the evening. We enjoyed our visit to the Bistro and this part of Chandler.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“Great wine, Great food, Fun Times!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been here a few different times. Sometimes it's for dinner, sometimes just drinks, and I've also been a participant in the Kokopelli Krush! This place really knows how to have a good time. I love the live music inside and really enjoy trying their different wines.

• Visited October 2012