“Family type restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rawhide Steakhouse & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 537 Restaurants in Chandler
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-10 East & Exit 162, Wild Horse Pass Blvd
Transit: Shuttle transportation between the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa and the Wild Horse Pass Casino & Hotel.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Family type restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It was our first time to visit Rawhide Steakhouse & Saloon. It was a fun restaurant. The food was all right. There was a live musical entertainment. Our server was a little too busy, but then again, that particular night could have been their busiest. All in all, it was an OK place for dinner.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, United States
“Hokey Old West atmosphere, worth the visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

An Arizona resident brought a group of us to Rawhide while we attended a conference, and we were all glad we ventured away from downtown Tempe. The atmosphere and surroundings are wonderfully cheesy and fun. The actors were amusing and did not disturb our business dinner. The band made for pleasant background noise and played at a volume that made it easy for us to talk shop. The portions were very generous for dinner. The fried chicken was surprisingly some of the best I've tasted. The gun show was perfect for kids and adults with a good sense of humor. Despite the label of tourist trap this place is definitely worth visiting

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Just okay for dinner… Thrives on Tourist Dollars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I feel the need to start out saying my husband and I are healthy eaters and we have no problem shelling out big bucks for the meal experience. However, this place was just okay and not really worth the prices on the menu. The server was nice, but it took forever to verify whether or not I could eat there given my cumin allergy. We told him what we wanted to order and asked him to see if it was okay, but the food came out before he came back to tell us if I could eat it. When he stopped by to see if everything was okay, he said he forgot to tell us it was okay to eat it, but by then the food was cold. That was more of a server issue than a kitchen issue though. Until we tasted the food. My son had mini-corndogs and fries. The fries were great. I ordered essentially a bleu cheese wedge. It was a bleu cheese wedge, but the chipotle dressing was about the spiciest thing I have ever had. In fact, it was inedible. I scraped it to the side and still couldn't eat it. My husband ordered the BBQ Sampler. All three meats were overcooked terribly. Overall, the place was a gimmick in their little Western Town environment and we wouldn't go back… Ever. I'm going to guess they survive on tourist dollars because you go in thinking the whole experience will be better than it is and they get you when you pay $5 to park and get a $5 voucher for the restaurant.

Visited June 2014
West Columbia, South Carolina
“Tourist trap, don't go.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We tried to eat there, after about 15 minutes the magician was kind enough to get us some drinks (he was really good). Too bad the rest of the service wasn't as good as the magic. Wait staff never came to our table. Excuse we got was they had a large party (about 10 people) that she was helping. That may have held some water if the restaurant had been busy but there were only a hand full of tables occupied in the whole restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Hokey but fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

A little taste of the old west. You drive up to a huge parking lot as if your going to a fairground event. You walk through their main entrance and greeted by an old one road town which is filled with entertainers that depict old tyme gunslingers. A restaurant with BBQ which was average and the serving size huge. The bbq sampler couldve been split almost 3 ways defineitly 2. Strolling down the street you have a jail, mercantile, blacksmith and petting zoo. Kids can also zipline; rockclimb; ponyride. The part we like best was the gunslinger show. The actors were quite good and funny and you can tell that they love what they do. Again--a little hokey, but you have to do it once.

Visited June 2014