“Good food with vegetarian options” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 523 restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Pita Jungle "The Art of Eating Healthy"(R) is one of Arizona's most original restaurants. The menu is based on offering a healthful and natural cuisine abounding with vegetarian and vegan options, crafted within the principles of the Mediterranean diet, and using only the freshest ingredients. The menu includes salads, seafood, seasonal specials, pitas, pizzas, healthy burgers as well as a healthy kids menu. Pita Jungle is also a healthy option for your Catering events. Open daily for lunch, dinner, Happy Hour and Reverse Happy hour.
“Good food with vegetarian options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Chicken shwarma is good. There is a number of pitas which i have tried and liked . They have a number of vegetarian options that are all good

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Inconsistent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Normally love Pita Jungle but last few visits were disappointing, especially last Saturday night. Appetizer - Mediterranean plate was good, but took 30 minutes to arrive - no explanation. The restaurant was half empty as well. My husband and I both took a chance and ordered the specials - WRONG, they were just plain awful. Trout entree came covered in greens, could barely find it and when you did, was a burnt piece of dried out tasteless fish. Tomato salad was literally a mount of greens, looked like they opened a bag of lettuce and poured it on the plate with slimy thinly sliced tomatoes on the bottom of it all. Waitress, while friendly & efficient (probably not her fault food took so longI) took our plates and made no comment about how they were barely eaten. Admittedly, my husband and I didn't complain, just decided not to come back. I thought about it the next day and wrote an e-mail to their customer service website but have not heard anything back. Another sign of indifference to me...

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fresh and Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great variety of healthy food. Salads, sandwiches, and Lavosh Pizzas are all terrific.
It was so crowded and popular that we had to wait awhile for a table, but it was worth the wait.
Every thing was very fresh and had great taste. Also had very good options for kids meals.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spencer, Iowa
“Nice, Hearty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The pita was fresh, tender and fluffy and the meat was seasoned to perfection. I ordered the chicken wrap on the side as ordinarily I am not a huge fan....but this wrap was unlike any that I have ever had. It was fresh, creamy and contained cucumber, the best I have ever had. We also ordered the garlic new potatoes, and while we both liked them they just didn't hold their own next to our Gyros. We were pleased with our meal and service and would eat here again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lethbridge, Canada
“So tasty and so fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We came across Pita Jungle on Trip Advisor while looking for a place to go for dinner. Reviewers rank this place highly and they happened to be located right next door to where we were staying. I like the reviewer before agree that the name Pita Jungle makes you think that they do only pitas. But after reviewing the menu, we knew we had to give it a go. My husband and I both ordered the Gyros. In the end we decided to do take out and placed our order over the phone. When we went to collect our food, we were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant's atmosphere. I was expecting a casual deli and instead was presented with a restaurant. Once there we asked if we could add two lemonade to the bill (if you aren't normally a lemonade fan, I totally recommend trying Pita Jungle's lemonade. I think it could be homemade. I was instantly a convert, this stuff beats your Supermarket stuff any day. It was ice cold, sweet with and tangy. I am still dreaming of this stuff. We were no less disappointed with the Gyros. After a misunderstanding with the order, they only had one gyro on the order and I thought I had ordered two, it was sorted quickly and they had the other one ready for us right away. The pita was fresh, tender and fluffy and the meat was seasoned to perfection. I ordered the tzatziki on the side as ordinarily I am not a huge fan....but this tzatziki was unlike any that I have ever had. It was fresh, creamy and contained cucumber, the best I have ever had. We also ordered the garlic new potatoes, and while we both liked them they just didn't hold their own next to our Gyros. We were pleased with our meal and service and would eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere