“Not much from the outside, but inside -- WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 522 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Pita Jungle "The Art of Eating Healthy"(R) is one of Arizona's most original restaurants. The menu is based on offering a healthful and natural cuisine abounding with vegetarian and vegan options, crafted within the principles of the Mediterranean diet, and using only the freshest ingredients. The menu includes salads, seafood, seasonal specials, pitas, pizzas, healthy burgers as well as a healthy kids menu. Pita Jungle is also a healthy option for your Catering events. Open daily for lunch, dinner, Happy Hour and Reverse Happy hour.
Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
“Not much from the outside, but inside -- WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were looking for a good, healthy choice after a day of eating college cafeteria food... Pita Jungle had great reviews and the menu looked interesting, so we gave it a try..... As part of an unimpressive strip mall, the outside almost had us ready to try another restaurant, but once inside, we quickly forgot about the strip mall location... There was live music playing, quick and friendly service, and we were able to be seated outside by the water (canal??) immediately... We feasted on Red Pepper Hummus as an appetizer, and by the time our entrees came we could barely eat a bite!! No worries, our wonderful waitress boxed it all for us, AND gave us each a LARGE to go cup of our passion fruit iced tea and lemonade drinks!! Will definitely frequent this local chain as our daughter transitions to school out here at ASU-Tempe

Visited June 2013

Tombstone, Arizona, United States
“Good Hummus, Bad Sevice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Good Hummus, Bad Sevice

The day we went there was a long wait but only half of the tables were filled. I asked why and they gave me a rude reply about how we just needed too wait since those tables were not in use at that time...

Rubbed me the wrong way as I waited more than 30 minutes for seats that were just sitting there not being used with 2 hungry kids!

Visited January 2013
Arizona
“Fresh and consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We live out of town and travel to the Phoenix area on a monthly basis and try to stop at the Pita Jungle on our way out. We have been there about five or six times and each time that food is always fresh and consistent. We usually stick with a basic hummus for an appetizer and the kids get to pick from a menu that consist of four items. My wife and I go with either a shawarma or broiled chicken pita, however on my last visit I tried one of their wraps, I went with the pesto lavosh turkey, but my server recommended me try the same wrap, but replace the turkey the turkey with shawarma and it was amazing. Oh, they have fresh lemonade as well for those hot, dry Arizona afternoons. Also, you can't go wrong with the cool atmosphere and décor. We will continue to venture back on each visit to the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“Its all greek to me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love greek food! Pita jungle had great food and great service! What I loved most about Pita Jungle was the fantastic art displayed around the room that was up for purchase by local painters! IT was amazing!

Visited December 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Great Place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Superior service, with a great menu that had something for everybody to enjoy. I went twice and had salads each time, and the humus is delicious, plus everybody in our group had something different each time, and raved about it.

• Visited April 2013