“Awesome food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Mexican
Seattle, Washington
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Who knew Chinese and Mexican would mix so well together. Best part is choosing a Chinese item and putting it inside a burrito or quesadilla. Personalty favorites are jade red chicken and BBQ pork. The jerk chicken fried rice is solid the the cookie at the end is always delicious. It is a rather awkward location but worth the drive.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Unexpectedly Good Combination of Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

A very unlikely sounding combination of foods ended up tasting extremely good! This Chinese Mexican cuisine menu was a bit confusing at first, then the nice gals behind the counter started us off with a first time guest 'sampler' preview of the menu. They gave us all (6 of us) a small amount of 5 or 6 of their most popular menu items before we ordered, then helped us to figure out how to order. What a great way to help newcomers decide on their meal choices! Most of us chose the combo plates - 2 entree items & 2 sides. We really liked the carnitas, jade red chicken, emerald chicken, and egg foo yung. I had the carnitas in a quesadilla, but you can have any entree just plain, as a burrito or quesadilla. You can also order rice bowls with any entree instead of combo plates. The favorite side of the night were the Cuban black beans - really good! And, as a special treat... The servers brought us all a snicker doodle cookie with each dinner - yummy!
Relatives who are locals, and have been going to the original Chino Bandido in Phoenix for many years told me about this gem - so glad they did! The next time I visit the area, I will definitely try to get back!

Visited November 2013
San Bernardino, California
“try it, you'll like it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

So the premise is a little weird: Chinese/Mexican fusion. But I love Chinese food, and I love Mexican food, so I figured I'd try it...I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Chinese food + Mexican food = deliciousness! Since it was my first time, I was offered samples of their most popular dishes: refried black beans, Jen Red Chicken (like orange chicken, but a bit more spicy), Emerald Chicken (chicken breast topped with a bright green garlic-y mixture), carnitas (not too greasy & no yucky fat chunks!) & a couple of other dishes. They were all good! The friendly cashier/server explained how the menu works. For the combo plate, you order 2 main dishes which can be served as-is or as a burrito or as a quesadilla. I got a carnitas quesadilla and a Jen Red Chicken (aka orange chicken) quesadilla...both were delicious, but the orange chicken quesadilla was really something special! For side dishes, you get your choice of black beans or refried beans & either steamed rice or fried rice. I got the black beans & the Chinese BBQ pork fried rice. SO GOOD! There was more fusion-fun to be had at the condiment table: one can get salsa, Chinese black bean sauce (oddly delicious on a carnitas quesadilla), soy sauce & hot Chinese mustard. A combo plate + a refillable soft drink cost about $10. I plan on going back soon...everything was so good!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“Delicious...and it came with instructions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Been looking for this place for a while after seeing it reviewed on one of our favorite shows "Check Please Arizona". Stumbled upon it after dropping off our car for an oil change, tucked way back in the SE corner of Dobson & Chandler Blvd.
It was after the lunch rush when we walked in but there were still more than a few folks in a relatively large space. Staring at the menu when the server asked if we'd been there before. Must've been the glazed look in our eyes! She customarily offered us samples of their Top 6 dishes and gave us a tutorial on how to order after that. Whew, that was so helpful!
We ordered an open combo of emerald chicken, teriyaki chicken, jerk rice and black beans. We hadn't tasted the teriyaki in the sampling and it was just "ok". The other 3 items however, were great! I love the black beans!!! We also got a cheese quesadilla for my son, very good too. Drinks for kids are free! The final cherry on top was the fresh, hot, full size snickerdoodle cookie, right out of the oven; one for each of us. All for a great price! Cannot wait to go back, when we're really hungry!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Awesome combination Chinese Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Chinese Mexican food combination was awesome!!! The staff was very helpful in making choices for what to eat plus in how to order the food. Would definitely go back if in the area!!!

Visited May 2013