“Great experience (from start to finish)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 attractions in Chandler
Type: Equestrian Trails
Attraction Details
Toronto
“Great experience (from start to finish)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

After some research and email inquiries we booked a trail ride for our family (including 10 y/o daughter and 11 y/o son) for mid-March. My initial emails were always answered promptly and provided us with the necessary information to go ahead and book our ride.

We were picked up promptly at the hotel by our wrangler, Gary. He was very accommodating and provided our family with just the right level of encouragement and praise. My wife was a bit of a reluctant rider but Gary made her feel at ease and she had a terrific time on Cochese. Gary also shared lots of information about the area and was always ready and willing to answer any of my (many) questions! Our ride was very relaxed and we enjoyed meandering through the desert while learning about the plants and wildlife.

Koli is top-notch -- right from my first email inquiry until the time that Gary dropped us back at our hotel. I thought this would be a 'once in a lifetime' experience for our family but after our experience with Koli I'll definitely look to work in a visit during another family vacation. We'll also be recommending Koli to any of our Canadian friends that make the trek to Phoenix in the future.

Visited March 2013

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Enjoyable and Relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were staying at the Arizona Grand and inquired on activities in the area. After a three day conference, we were ready for some fun and horseback riding sounded like a dream! A prompt pick up at the resort had us on our way. Our guide picked horses according to our ability (hadn't ridden in 30 years) and we were on our way! Our guide was wonderful giving information about what we were seeing and answering all our questions. It was incredibly relaxing to view the scenery and just being on a horse. We saw jack rabbits, lizards, a wild horse, and Gambel's quail. This was my first time out west and it was beautiful - especially the mountains in the distance. Seeing the desert up close was fascinating and we had a wonderful time! Many thanks to the good people who run Koli for an enjoyable outing.

Visited March 2013
Midwest
“Great ride with the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

From scheduling the ride to the pick-up in the Sheraton lobby to the ride itself, the Koli team was great. We took our 7 and 10-year old on a group ride one day and a private ride on another. The horses were beautiful and well cared for. The wranglers were helpful and friendly. The ride through the desert was beautiful. Make sure to tell you them if you have ridden before to help them to pick out the right horse. A great way to spend part of the day

Visited February 2013
Mesa, Arizona
15 attraction reviews
“trailride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The morning started off rocky because we weren't picked up at the hotel-don't know if the mix up was the hotel's fault or Koli's, but one of the bell boys quick ran us over to the Koli center when we inquired about it. They didn't have small stirups for my 10 year old, they only had snap on stirups to add to the saddle. One of them broke during my daughters ride, but other than that the ride was enjoyable and instructors were kind.

Visited July 2012
Lebanon, New Jersey
“Tailored Excitement for the youngest to oldest family members!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I took our two children 7 & 9 on vacation during the Christmas break to Wild Horse Pass in Arizona. It was our first time to Arizona and our dream to ride in the desert. We booked two trail rides. The first was with the group. There were all different level riders and all age groups. Having been on trail rides before and having served as a guide in my youth, I was very impressed at the level of professionalism. They put the safety of the riders first, with a guide placed closed to the youngest and least experienced riders. They let nothing get past them. Everyone came back with nice things to say, happy and laughing. Our private ride was even better. We were taken out on a different trail in search of the wild horses. We spent time chatting with the guide and learning about the reservation and the creatures that inhabit the land. We trotted as much as my 7 year old requested and at a safe pace. I am a cautious person when it comes to horses and I felt very secure especially with the guide who never left my 7 year-olds side. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and horses at Koli Equestrian. We came away feeling like we have gained new friendships and cannot wait to go back so we can ride every day and add private lessons to our agenda.

Visited December 2012