“trailride” 4 of 5 stars

Mesa, Arizona
15 attraction reviews
“trailride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The morning started off rocky because we weren't picked up at the hotel-don't know if the mix up was the hotel's fault or Koli's, but one of the bell boys quick ran us over to the Koli center when we inquired about it. They didn't have small stirups for my 10 year old, they only had snap on stirups to add to the saddle. One of them broke during my daughters ride, but other than that the ride was enjoyable and instructors were kind.

Visited July 2012

Lebanon, New Jersey
“Tailored Excitement for the youngest to oldest family members!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I took our two children 7 & 9 on vacation during the Christmas break to Wild Horse Pass in Arizona. It was our first time to Arizona and our dream to ride in the desert. We booked two trail rides. The first was with the group. There were all different level riders and all age groups. Having been on trail rides before and having served as a guide in my youth, I was very impressed at the level of professionalism. They put the safety of the riders first, with a guide placed closed to the youngest and least experienced riders. They let nothing get past them. Everyone came back with nice things to say, happy and laughing. Our private ride was even better. We were taken out on a different trail in search of the wild horses. We spent time chatting with the guide and learning about the reservation and the creatures that inhabit the land. We trotted as much as my 7 year old requested and at a safe pace. I am a cautious person when it comes to horses and I felt very secure especially with the guide who never left my 7 year-olds side. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and horses at Koli Equestrian. We came away feeling like we have gained new friendships and cannot wait to go back so we can ride every day and add private lessons to our agenda.

Visited December 2012