“We felt so special” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“We felt so special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I decifded to celebrate at Kai, since we were staying at the resort. I had eaten there before, and knew it was great, and would be perfect to share with my husband on our 19th wedding anniversary.

The waitstaff is super professional, choreographed almost, and rvrything they did was perfect,
The atmosphere is elegant and intimate, with a beautiful mountain range for a backdrop through its large windows, and a sunset if you are there at the right time.
The food is what you would expect at a five star, but the dishes offered are unique in that they are based on the cusine of the native PIMA culture, so you probably will not get this at anywhere else.
I had the Halibut cheeks, beautifully prepared and my husband had the duck, which I preferred to my halibut.
For the main course my husband had the lobster, shrimp and scallop dish. This was cloaked in a cauliflower butter sauce, that I could see myself drinking straight out of the serving container, and by the gallons.
I had the tenderloin of Buffalo, that I could NOT stop thinking about for days. Easily one of the top pieces of meat I have ever eaten. Tender, perfectly medium rare, I could have cut this with a fork. Is it possible to have a crush on a steak? I dont know if I will be able to eat any filet mignon and be truly happy ever again.
But what made this very special: after our meal was cleared, they brought us a little medly of sweetness: hazelnut mouse and chocolate cake, with a thin chocolate wafer that said Happy Anniversary on it. AND upon return to our room, we found that they had slipped an envelope under the door: in it was a card, a picture of native art, that had been signed by the entire restaurant staff.
We won't ever forget it.

• Visited May 2013

100% Recommend
“A dinner to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Kai last Saturday after we learned that is the only 5 star diamond restaurant in Arizona. The place had a very romantics and scenic setting with views of South and Estrella mountains between which the sun set giving the sky and surroundings a golden orange tinge. The service was impeccable from the valet guys to the entire dinner staff, and the food was most delicious consistent with their concept of "global fusion," which meant every dish had Native American, Southwestern and French flavors. It is perfect for celebrating special occasions with loved ones, and special guests and friends. What a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
Arizona
“One of a kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Truly a dining experience that goes beyond the food! Dishes are unique, presentation is a work of art and delicious! You even receive a thank you card from your server along with chocolates and "designer" water while you wait to get your car from Valet!

• Visited April 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
“Absolutely amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Kai restaurant is located in the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort in the Gila River Indian Community near Chandler, Arizona.
It is an AAA Five Diamond Award Signature Restaurant, and deserves this high rating.
The food, loosely based on Native American ingredients, is remarkable. We did not have any missteps in the dishes we ordered. All were extremely creative in presentation, and taste.
We savored every morsel. We ordered the salad for our first course and it was delightfully presented as a garden: eggplant and tomato confit represented the soil which was covered with tiny lettuce plantings! The local Crow Dairy feta cheese and delicious spicy sweet pecans, were the accompaniments. The lobster degustation was a trio of treatments: lobster claw with avocado mousse, lobster panna cotta and mesquite bean and with cheesy lobster bits. For our main course, we had buffalo tenderloin. The taste of the buffalo was light and lean and really melted in your mouth. The dessert: chocolate mousse and chocolate ice cream - just the right ending. We were also treated to an amuse to start, a palate cleanser during the meal and chocolate truffles to end.
The service was impeccable with 2 attentive servers for our party of 2. I enjoyed watching a nearby table of 6 being served. Six servers came out with each course and each placed the dishes simultaneously at each guests place.
Can't say enough about such a sublime evening! Expensive, but worth every penny!

• Visited March 2013
Barrhead, Canada
“Best dining experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was an experience of a lifetime. I would recommend this restaurant experience to anyone. The attention to detail is impeccable, service extraordinary and the food was a thoroughly tinitilatingly tasty excursion into the unknown. Loved it!

• Visited February 2013