“Great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Chandler, Arizona
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is homey restaurant offering great breakfasts. We have eaten breakfast there about 6-8 times. The breakfast menu is pretty traditional- eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, coffee, etc. The staff is friendly and competent. You can sit inside or out. The outside tables have umbrellas and are in a little courtyard, far from the street. There is no traffic noise. The prices are very reasonable.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Dessie's has good simple breakfast, in a homey atmosphere. Great place for breakfast and support of local business.

• Visited December 2013
“Delicious food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Dessies has amazing food! You have to try the Thanksgiving sandwich, its fantastic! The owners were so kind and came over to greet us & asked how the food was.

• Visited June 2013
Chandler, Arizona
“Great food at great prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to Dessie's because we had a $5 coupon and it is in the same shopping center as our grocery store. Before my partner got the coupon I had never even noticed it in the center - that's how nondescript it is. Upon walking in we were greeted by Dessie who seated us immediately. The decor is something I used to see when I would visit relatives in small towns in Iowa; kind of happy country-kitchen. I barely had time to warm my seat before a very nice waitress named Angie was asking to take our drink order. In flash she was back with our drinks and we were giving her our breakfast order. My partner ordered the chicken-fried steak breakfast and I ordered the Mexican omelet. It wasn't very long before our food was brought to us, and boy was there a lot of it! My omelet came with hash browns and toast. The omelet was very cheesy and had great tasting chorizo enclosed within it. My partner's chicken-fried steak looked fantastic (I was a little jealous). The eggs, potatoes (he had home-fries that looked amazing) and toast came on one plate, while the steak came on another plate, filling most of it. He said it was wonderful.

We went about noon on a Sunday. Most of the clientele was older folks just getting out of church. Our meal was $19 and change, BEFORE the coupon.

One thing to note is that Dessie's is only open for breakfast and lunch.

• Visited March 2013
Prescott, Arizona
“Best Breakfast in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Dessie's is a great local establishment with fabulous biscuits and gravy, and a wide selection of omelets. The service is always friendly and fast. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012