“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

(480) 855-9449
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blank Angus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 554 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Northeast corner of Chandler Blvd and the 101
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I ate at The Keg last time I was in Chandler on business. I thought I'd give Black Angus a try.

It was fairly late on a Monday night, so it was pretty quiet. Decor was typical of an upscale chain steakhouse with a western theme. It had a bit more polish than some (no peanut shells on the floor).

I sat at a booth in the bar area. Service was pleasant and attentive. I had a bowl of the steak soup, which is really more of a beef stew. It was very good. I then had a 16oz. cut of prime rib, which was more medium rare than the rare that I ordered, but it was perfectly good and not worth complaining about. The green beans with bacon were a very nice side dish.

Total price with tax was about $28 (I drank water).

I think The Keg costs a little more, but the leap in quality (and ambience and service) is significant. Given a choice between the two, I would choose The Keg. The Keg also has a better selection of appetizer, in my opinion.

If you prefer the western/cowboy theme, then you'd probably be happier at Black Angus.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Outstanding Filet Mignon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Wife and I both had the filet mignon, she the 6 oz and me the 8 oz. Both were cooked to perfection and the service was impeccable. Have been to a lot of Black Angus restaurants over the years and this one is by far the best for food and service. Congrats to the staff!!!!

• Visited November 2012