“Mediocre at best” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 527 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Coffee Shop, Diner, Delicatessen, Bagels, Soups, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Mediocre at best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited this Chompies for Friday Fish Fry. The fish was just ok, carrots mushy, service only so-so.

The pastries are always over the top but very expensive.

One person in our party was overcharged but the waiter said no, that price was correct.

Very disappointing

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Castle Rock
“I love Chompies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

To start, The western sliders are fantastic! We always make a stop at Chompies when we're in the Phoenix area. We were seated quickly and ordered quickly. I tend to always go for the sliders but they have a great menu. They are also open for breakfast with a nice bakery. If you're around the Phoenix area there are several locations to choose from, give em' a try.

Tucson, Arizona
“Comfort Food....Yumm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was St. Patrick's Day and we got to Chompie's later in the day. Just in time too! Just after we were seated a huge crowd gathered and pretty soon there was a waiting list. We ordered the Chompie's Challenge; 12 Sliders and Onion Straws. At $40 it's a worthwhile deal to pack and take home. They heat up easily and are great for lunch the next day. Don't forget to get the pickle tray of Sours and Half Sours.

I didn't get 2 of my favorite things, Black and Whites and Coney Island Knishes. Guess we'll just have to drive back to Chandler from Tucson earlier in the day.

Mesa, Arizona
“I can't believe it...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am an East Valley native and I have never been to Chompies. That all changed today. I stopped in for lunch and had a great pastrami sandwitch and Matzo Ball soup combo. As I stated two sentences ago, I am a native. Never been to New York. Never had NEW YORK pastrami. But I can say this was fantastic. The service was good. the atmosphere was fun. Unfortunately, the Girl had already eaten so my review is SOLO today! I can now hold my head up proud because I have been to a valley staple.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mesa, Arizona
“You won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Their deli sandwiches are truly MILE HIGH! I ordered pastrami on rye and I could barley eat half of it. It was fabulous. Other members of the family ordered the meat loaf sandwich, liver and onions dinner and a huge bowl of Clam Chowder soup.We all left stuffed....but had to stop at their bakery section and order bagels and cream for the morning and cherry cheese strudel for dessert.