“Decent but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #204 of 522 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
North Carolina
“Decent but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had not been to an Outback Steakhouse for years. Now I can say I have been to one more recently. (This says a lot about the overall experience - kind of ho-hum.)

I decided to go with the 8 oz "Outback Special", a lean sirloin, cooked in the "classic" style (as opposed to the "wood-fire" style), medium. The steak was actually quite good, though a little chewy, but that was due mostly to the leanness, I expect. The house salad had an unexpected off flavor that reminded me of some kind of strong cheese. The grilled asparagus tasted weird, like maybe they had marinated it in "liquid smoke" before grilling it.

The restaurant itself was nice and clean. My server was attentive and friendly, which is a plus. But overall, Outback is mainly predictable. Not great. But you know what you're going to get when you go.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“Its a chain restaurant but its a favorite destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Outback Steakhouse has a really nice 16oz rib eye steak that Cris and I split each time we visit. We get two dinner salads to go with it and we are in and out for about $20 plus drinks. When we want a good quick steak cooked to perfection we go to Outback most times. It is really close to home.

Visited May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Ok place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Not a favorite of ours. Haven't been in a long time. Food is ok, nothing special. Would never go out of our way for it. Sometimes long waits & I have no idea why any one would wait here.

Casa Grande, Arizona
“Eaten here many times - always good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recommend this place - the food is always good and the service is as well. They are open Sundays for lunch, which is very convenient for us.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines
“Victoria's Filet is good with the shrimp on the side!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Enjoy this restaurant. It is basic good steakhouse. Great salads, vegetables, and potatoes, too.

Visited July 2012