“Fine For A Family Meal” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups
Maricopa, Arizona
“Fine For A Family Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

On Saturday 3/09/2013 our family group of six met here for dinner. We have dined at Carrabba's in many other locations as it's a chain restaurant. I've read the average, poor and terrible reviews for this location and feel that they just had a rare experience. My one issue with this location was the lack of adequate handicapped parking. There are just four spaces for handicapped and four spaces for take out service. As you age and develop health issues, this becomes a concern.

Back on track for my review of Carrabba's–we had a 7PM reservation and were handed a device to let us know when our table is ready. Many feel that your reservation should be honored on time–no if, ands or buts! For those who arrive late, they fail to understand that having a table vacant is not a smart business practice. Our wait was about 10 minutes and not an issue at all.

To avoid the feeling of underwriting the meal and bar bill of others, we requested separate checks. Since some in our group do rack up a fairly large bar bill, that issue was resolved before it became an issue AGAIN.

My wife ordered the Pasta Weesie and reported it was fine. I had the Manicotti and while it was ‘ok', my wife's homemade manicotti is superior. Our meals came with a salad. We were asked if we wanted crumbled blue cheese on it? I figured it would be an extra cost but we weren't informed of that. I didn't recall noting that charge on the menu. It was no big deal having the $1.50 extra charge added but hidden charges can add up. Unlike some other restaurants, there was NO charge for additional bread.

Sophie R was our server and she was great! No hunting for her to have drinks refills or additional bread. Those arrived before any request was made. Whenever I receive above average service, I always leave a cash tip. Many restaurants share tips but I feel if one server is great, a cash tip is in order.

I highly recommend dining here–but what do I know?

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

79% Recommend
Sun Lakes, AZ
“Great Italian Style Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had not tried a Carrabba's before so I thought it was time. My wife ANSI really enjoyed our meal. The service was top notch. Even though they where very busy, the wait was short and the food was serve red hot. Our meals taste fresh made. We will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Carolina
“Carryout was not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I love Carrabba's Pasta Weesie dish - fettuccine with shrimp and mushrooms. Tonight I ordered it as carryout, and I regret that. The shrimp were really good, the mushrooms were fine, and there was lots of garlic - yum! But the fettuccine was stuck together in a blob. It's probably difficult to do a great job of a fettuccine dish as carryout. So it's not totally fair to judge this dish by my experience. Try Pasta Weesie sometime - but get it IN the restaurant!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“Fresh NOT Frozen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

One of the few large italian places that cooks from scratch. Prices are a bit higher than Olive Garden with rubber chicken, but well worth IT! This is a must visit, fresh not frozen resturant. Food will take a bit longer to prepare, and you can change what the ravioli is stuffed with.

Visited November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good italian food at a good price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Good italian food at a good price! This is part of a chain but the quality is much better than average. I liked the variety and the different ingredients.

• Visited October 2012