“Do you like BBQ? No? Then why are you reading this?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #107 of 522 restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Delicious BBQ, sauces and sides. Meat slow cooked to perfection. Staff very attentive and friendly. Will return again and again.
Surprise, Arizona
“Do you like BBQ? No? Then why are you reading this?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Porkopolis, co-owned and operated by local radio celebrity Brady Bogen, is the destination for quality BBQ in the Phoenix Metro area. A resident of the far North West Valley, I drove an hour to have a go at this much talked about fare.

The first thing I noticed is the decor. The restaurant has a cool, modern/contemporary feel with spacious seating and friendly staff. We started our meal with a free starter, complements of Brady Bogen who we meet at a BBQ fest earlier this year. The BBQ Nachos arrived and we immediately realized that as hungry as we were we would be leaving with a doggy bag. The BBQ "Nachos" were amazing. A massive pile of freshly made potato chips were smothered in BBQ chicken, and cheese with tomatoes, green onions and BBQ sauce. It was more than the two of us could handle. It could make a meal for two all by itself, oh and what a meal! Delicious.

For our entrees, she ordered the Brisket and I ordered the 3 meat plate with Brisket and two orders of Pulled Pork. Each of us picked the beans and garlic mashed potatoes for sides. To top off your meat two bottles of Brady's Special Sauce adorn each table: Hot n' Sweet and Sweet n' Smokey. Both are great! We loved every last bit of it and still took almost half home.

We will be back.

• Visited June 2013

78% Recommend
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Love it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have been to Porkopolis three times and plan to go back many more times. The bloody Mary's are amazing. I've had almost everything on the menu and everything is delicious. The portions are very large. I'm ruined for all other bbq.

• Visited March 2013
Los Angeles
“Didn't was to like it, but the food is that good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I heard about this place several times and never wanted to go, but friends dragged me along and I am glad they did. The location is horrible, I haven't found myself in the part of town in years. The inside is ok, very small but it is clean and nicely decorated. Here's where things change. The menu is small, but everything I tried on it was fantastic. Like I said, I didn't was to like anything about this place, but the food is just that good. All of the sauces were great as well. Jon well done Brady. Only a matter of time before porkopolis has a better location with more space.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“Delicious BBQ, great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Best BBQ in town! Ribs and brisquet are to die for. Cream corn, polenta cakes, jalapeno cole slaw and best BBQ beans ever. The atmosphere is welcoming and fun. They don't rush you but let you really enjoy the experience. The aroma in this restaurant is enough to make your belly growl. And you can't wait to get your plate in front of you. Delicious!

• Visited November 2012
Gilbert, Arizona
“Oink Oink...enough said!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I recently visited Porkopolis once again with family and friends and while the food can be awesome, count on putting on a few pounds before leaving.

The burnt ends are fabulous and they are moist and finger-licking good. The nachos are unique. They make them using their home made potato chips which remind me of the old Wise potato chips I had when I was a kid except they are bigger and slightly thicker and I have to admit I absolutely love them. (I have to literally wear stretch pants to this joint!)

Others ordered the pulled pork sandwich, which also looked good and two of us ordered beers. We rolled out of there - with leftovers and the bill with tax and tip for 4 people was about $43. Naturally we went during Happy Hour where everything - and I mean everything we ordered - was half price.

Admittedly, this is not high on the list of places to go if 1. you are on a diet 2. you are a health food nut or 3. do not like barbeque

But if you want to indulge now and then and save a few bucks, check out the Happy Hour. An added bonus is that the staff was pretty awesome and I hope that continues.

• Visited August 2012