We were booked in this hotel by our head office in Chandler cuz it was the closest hotel were our company had a good corporate rate. I stayed here for a week together with 1 colleague and we got ourselves seperate rooms. Mine was at room 414 overlooking Ocotillo road. The hotel is located at the corner of Alma School and Ocotillo Road and In my opinion, a very quiet, clean and secluded part of town. I found the hotel a little far away from the location were we had our business meetings which was in downtown Chandler. It's my first time in Arizona so I wouldn't know if the difficulty in getting a cab (and the high price you would have to pay) to go anywhere is normal in this place. Luckilly, the hotel's shuttle was very kind and willing enough to bring us to where we needed to go especially in the mornings. Being Filipinos, we were delighted to be chauffered in the shuttle by a Filipino driver named Sid who is already a local to Chandler. He brought us to the office and even brought us to Chandler Fashion Village Mall to do our "pre-departure" shopping. Very thoughtful and good service on the part of the hotel. The closest "mall" is Target mall to the north along Alma School Road, but you have to take a car to get there. The closest walking distance commercial center is at Fulton, located around a mile from the hotel along Ocotillo and at the corner of Arizona Avenue, it overlooks a runner's oval, a pool and the south side of Hamillton High School. One can walk eastwards for 20-30 minutes to get there. There's a Staples store there, grocery store and other decent commercial outlets.
My room in the hotel was very large for 1 occupant, a queen size bed, a couch and a large coffee table. There were 2 TV's, 1 in front of the bed and the other in front of the coffee table and couch. I liked the way they had different kinds of pillows for different kinds of sleeping styles/positions. The pillows were wrapped in labels to tell which pillow was which and had a bedside "manual" on how to use them.. Cool!!. There was a small ref, a microwave oven and a coffeemaker in the pantry area. The AC unit was next to the window, my only comment is that it made noises at night that were enough to wake you up, but after a week of staying, I learned to ignore it. The bathroom was adequately equipped with the usual compliment of towels, soaps and shampoos, but if you forgot your toothpaste and/or shavers, you can simply ask for it at the front desk and they give you this bag of goodies that had everything you would need including shaving cream, razor and toothpaste. The elevator areas had vendo machines if you would like to have that last Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero for the night. Next to the front desk was a small store that sold small items like medicines and snacks, it was open all evening, lucky for us folks who needed meds due to the dry Arizona weather. Breakfast was at the Ponte Vecchio Cafe overlooking the pool outside and is next to the front desk. We were given breakfast coupons during check-in and is enough for the whole duration of the stay. It was a buffet of bacon, sausages, eggs, cereals, fruit and french toast etc. The menu was practically similar everyday, and breakfast was served until around 9:30 AM. I think that it had enough variety for me to eat different kinds of food for the whole week which is good. The business center is a small adjoining room to the front desk with just 1 PC. It's ok as long as you would be the only person using it, other than that I found it a little too small and bare. But to make up for that the hotel had a good WiFi connection so I was able to file my reports straight from my laptop in the comfort of my room. Wake up calls were automatic and reliable as you set it yourself on the phone, an automated voice system does this all for you.
The personel were very courteous and helpful in many ways, one of the best in my opinion. The room was always clean and you had a choice whether you would want your bed sheets and towels replaced everyday or if you would want to participate in their "re-use your towels/sheets" program. I really liked this hotel, the only downside is I had to smoke outside by the driveway as the whole place is "no smoking".
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chandler Hotel Chandler
- Holiday Inn Chandler Hotel
- Chandler Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Holiday Inn at Ocotillo Hotel. This beautiful full service hotel is conveniently located just minutes from Downtown Phoenix, Sky Harbor International Airport, Chandler Fashion Center Mall, Golf, Casinos, Snedigar Sports Complex, Firebird International Raceway, and many other Arizona attractions. If you are traveling on business, the Holiday Inn at Ocotillo Hotel is located conveniently to Motorola, Microchip Technology, Amkor Technology, Orbital Sciences, Wells Fargo, John Deere, and several Government agencies. The lovely Holiday Inn at Ocotillo Hotel features a full-service restaurant and bar, plentiful meeting space for corporate or private gatherings, and deluxe guest accommodations. We invite you to stay with us and experience the kind of customer service that makes you want to come back soon and stay longer. Welcome to the Holiday Inn at Ocotillo Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Chandler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.