“Beautiful but....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Beautiful but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The rooms are awesome! TV, Bathroom, Mirror, Balcony (sometimes) and comfy bed(s). Also I love the pool! My family tries to fit it in every night. The breakfast does cost money, it isn't free. I ordered a waffle and it was pretty small, even though you get two. ( I shared it with my brother, maybe that's why.) Very family friendly. There are bathrooms on the first floor (main) but you have to walk all the way down that hallway. (My family had trouble finding it) I recommend staying here, but maybe finding a different breakfast place.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Araceli P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chandler, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Lauren_cheer21

Your feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Chandler at Ocotillo was much appreciated by our management team. We strive to constantly update our hotel in accordance with our guest's wishes and recently completed at $2 million renovation. We are glad that you liked what you saw when you were here in Chandler with your family . We listened to what is important to our guests and implemented as many as we could when we reinvented the hotel in our next renovation. Come see us again soon!

Warmest regards,

Araceli Palma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

stayed at that hotel on my honeymoon night before we left for a trip bar was located in the front was easy to access rooms check out was so easy we will definitely stay there again. everything was very clean hotel rooms smelt very fresh

• Stayed October 2014
Araceli P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chandler, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Greetings Rogersfamily 2,

Thank you for spending such a special occasion with us. The team here takes great pride in what they do and where they do it. Thank you for the recognition, we look forward to you staying with us again!

Warm Regards,

Eastern WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015

Hotels were filling up fast on Valentine's Day so gambled on Hotwire, got a great hotel for a good price! Large, clean room, comfortable bed, quiet. Staff is very nice. Had a small issue with billing that had already been resolved by the time I got to the desk. Food is good. Would stay here every time I came to Chandler if the price was just a bit lower.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear CB,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am thrilled we lived up to and exceeded your expectations. The team here wants to ensure that everyone has an incredible experience and service is our number one priority. Anytime you are in Chandler at Ocotillo, we would be happy to have you stay with us.

Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

I had stayed here before but never wrote a review. Just like the last stay I cannot say anything bad about this place. I forgot my toothpaste and just like the plaque in the bathroom says they are happy to give you small toiletries at no cost. I also needed to borrow scissors and they were happy to let me borrow a pair a scissors. Staff is always helpful and friendly. The beds are very comfortable and the entire place is quiet and peaceful.

Stayed January 2015
Araceli P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chandler, responded to this review, February 23, 2015
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a seasonal hotel, during this time of the year the demand is very high and our price tempts to go up. I'm glad you were able to get a great price with Hotwire. We value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Mountain View, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

The best parts of the stay were:
- the polite and professional staff,
- good breakfast, and
- the clean rooms.

Some suggested improvements:
Add a microwave to each room without an additional charge
Improve wifi reception in rooms
The pool temperature needs to be maintained above 82 more consistently in December. Our kids who swim a lot in 80 degree waters felt cold after 15 minutes.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Room Tip: A good place for adults who do not need a fast internet connection
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chandler, responded to this review, January 28, 2015
Dear Ra1nb0ws,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words directed to the staff. However, I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to address any issues that may come up.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wellesley, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

Stayed here for a few nights while visiting family nearby. The recently completed renovation came off well. The lobby and restaurant are spiffy. Friendly wait staff in the mornings.

We used IHG points for our stay and I was pleased that 15K points was good for a 2-room suite [same amount of points as a standard room] when rooms were going for $150-$250 due to higher rates on New Year's Eve I think. That gave us space to spread out and relax with our kids in the room.

Our 2-room suite [room 226] was kind of oddly laid out with vast areas of wasted space. It provided enough space for a rollaway bed to be added in addition to the pull-out sofa that was so new it had never been used [the mattress was still in plastic and we had to figure out how to untie a wire that was keeping the mattress mechanism from unfolding].

Although the suite has a kitchen with a full refrigerator, the kitchen is devoid of the most basic of implements. Not even a fork or spoon. We ended up going downstairs to the restaurant/bar area to beg for things like a bottle opener or smuggling a spoon up after breakfast. Kinda strange - there are drawers but nothing in them. Perhaps this is an aspect that wasn't tended to yet after the remodel. Or perhaps these items are hard to ensure are clean between guests?

That said the newly remodeled room felt fresh and mostly complete. The hotel has always looked nice from the outside - it's good to see the inside on par now.

IHG Platinum status enabled a complimentary late check-out, but no free breakfast for adults. Kids eat free however. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Steve P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chandler, responded to this review, January 10, 2015
Mr. Dwyer,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. My sincerest apologies that some of the room amenities were missing or inconvenient to acquire. While we did just finish a major remodel, we've gone through many efforts to ensure it's not an excuse for lacking service. By taking your time letting us know, it allows us to improve for future visits.

Thank you for being a loyal Platinum Member, and we hope to see you again next time you're in the area!

- Steve
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

My company recently had us down to Arizona for Sales & Event meetings, and we could not have been happier with the experience we had at this hotel! Great meeting facilities, business center and beautiful after what I understand is a recent renovation! Very friendly Front Desk staff and managers. This is where I will stay the next time I am in the Phoenix area!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Steve P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chandler, responded to this review, December 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We're very happy that you and your group enjoyed the hotel, and we are pleased to see that you'll keep us in mind for future Phoenix travel!

Been to Holiday Inn Chandler? Share your experiences!