“Clean hotel. Nice location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 28 hotels in Chandler
Billings, Montana
“Clean hotel. Nice location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We spent 4 nights at The Holiday Inn in Chandler attending our niece's 40th birthday celebration. We chose the hotel because of its proximity to her house. Our room was quiet, clean and comfortable. We had two issues with the room: one was the in-room coffee service. The coffee pot had seen it's better day, and when the room was refreshed, only one condiment packet of creamer and sugar was left in the room! The other issue was with our TV which froze up. We reported it on our way out in the morning, and it hadn't been taken care of when we returned briefly mid afternoon. We had to ask again. When we finally returned for the evening it had been attended to.

The hotel does not have a complimentary breakfast, however, they do have a small dining room which serves breakfast and dinner. We ate there on our last morning. The food was OK, but the service was slow. The wait staff spent more time hanging out in the kitchen than waiting on customers. My husband was ready to walk out when a waitress finally sauntered over to take our order. The service remained equally leisurely after our order was placed.

Even with the minor annoyances we experienced we would stay at this hotel again, but would likely look elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chandler, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We apologize to you for finding your stay to be less than satisfactory. We take all reviews, negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.
Again, thanks for the candid review and we hope to get an opportunity to host you again in the future.

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Scotts Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I spent two nights here and had a great experience. The staff I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The common areas were clean and well maintained. My room was large, clean, comfortable and quiet. There is plenty of parking and it's free. And lastly, the price was great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your nice review! We are pleased that you picked us for your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The service at the front was friendly and helpful. My room was clean and comfortable. I ate breakfast at the buffet downstairs and it was pretty good and had healthy options. Overall is was a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Vail, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I travel to Phoenix almost weekly, and I have stayed at a lot of hotels in the two to three star range. I first found this hotel through Priceline Express, and later stayed there by bidding on the room through Priceline. While staying there, I met Kylor Neale, their sales manager, who worked out a terrific rate that has allowed me to stay there without the hassle of bidding (and the benefit of rewards card membership). I highly recommend you talk to him when booking a room there.

I have stayed at about ten different Holiday Inns over the past few years, and this one is by far the best. It is very clean and kept up to date. The restaurant and bar are small, but the chefs take a lot of pride in their work and have taken the time to come out and talk to me when I eat there. The food is always delicious, and my only suggestion is that they expand their menu of healthy fare, because it is hard to eat right as a traveler.

The rooms are large, especially the king bed rooms, which come with a sitting area and two TVs (although the rooms aren't technically suites so I can't image watching both TVs at once.). The rooms also have good-sized refrigerators and microwaves. There is a convenience store in the lobby, and the prices there are only a bit higher than you would find in a regular convenience store, which is a nice change from the steep prices that I've had to pay at a nearby Radisson.

The location is scenic (right next to a golf course and across the street from a man-made lake), but a bit far away from central Phoenix, so get ready for a bit of a drive if you are doing business in the metro area.

My main suggestion is that they improve the wifi reception for the place. The signal is weak in most of the rooms. They do have direct patch cords, which are great for my laptop, but I spend most of my time on my iPad, and the 4g Verizon signal is faster and more reliable than their internal wifi most of the time.

Room Tip: The hotel isn't very large, so it sells out quickly. I recommend you book about ten days in adva...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tracy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chandler, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay with us! I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team, especially Kylor. We look forward to having you continue to stay with us again in the future.

Thank you for choosing to us!

Warm Regards,
Fair Haven, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Did one quick overnight. We found the hotel to be quiet, and very average. No luxury or real comfort here; rooms are large, but we got tiny pillows, very small scratchy towels, cheap coffee with powdered milk. Our TV remote didn't work, but lady from the front desk brought another up....it didn't work either....finally got one after a trip to the front desk that worked. Overall the lobby and rooms are dated and lots of very tired decorating throughout. Needs a major face lift.
The breakfast buffet was pretty good, offering the basics at a good price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay so that we can improve our services. We sincerely apologize that your experience was not great while staying at our hotel. We are looking forward to the remodeling we plan to do in the very near future and we do hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Warm Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was on a business trip to the area for three months so picked the Holiday Inn in Chandler as my base. If after three months I can't say a single bad thing about the place you know it's a great hotel. The staff, the rooms and the facilities were all excellent. Would gladly stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tracy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chandler, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
WOW! What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your experience with us. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Tracy Melton
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family stayed here for one night and unfortunately we arrived late so we did not spend much time here but what we did see, we liked! Our check in was a breeze and front desk staff was friendly. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Our sleep was uninterrupted which we very much appreciated. The kids wanted to test out the free bikes they offer but we did not have the time this time to take advantage of this benefit.

Only complaint is internet kept saying error. In the short amount of time I was there my phone could not use the wi-fi. I did not bother to call on it as we were leaving but for a longer stay I would be concerned.

Overall a great visit. Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate your feedback, both good and not so good. I will share your comments with the team, so that the next time you stay with us, it will be that much better.

Tracy Melton

Been to Holiday Inn Chandler? Share your experiences!