“WOW!!! One of my most memorable experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Classes/Workshops
Attraction Details
La Crosse, Wisconsin
18 attraction reviews
“WOW!!! One of my most memorable experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was here for an group activity so we had the 4 hour version. Drove the go karts and Camaro SS 426 HP and rode in the Vet. It was a blast. Had 30 in our group but things moved right along. The staff were excellent. Just had a really good time. I came in 2nd out of 60 for the time trials so kinda felt and old man still can drive ok. This is one of those things that you have to do it to appreciate it. Watching a video or looking at pictures do not cut it. Thumbs up Bondurant for a class act!!

Visited April 2013

Antioch, California
6 attraction reviews
“A "bucket list" item gone so wrong.........”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

WELL..... I have let this "cool off" for more then a month so as to not write from anger or disappointment. For those that are looking into this school, you must already have an idea of the price$$$. Wanting to attend this school for more then 20 years, my Bride gave this to me as a birthday gift. We found these "so called Gift Certificates" on EBAY. They were roughly 1/3 off retail price. "IF I WOULD HAVE ANY IDEA HOW COMPLICATED THIS WAS GOING TO GET, I'D GLADLY!!!! PAID RETAIL...... When I called to book a seat at the Bondurant School I was transferred to the Sales Dept. I FULLY explained that I was going to purchase tickets online. I wanted to ensure the "GIFT CERTIFICATES" were in fact authentic. I was told the were current and valid. I asked to reserve a seat in an upcoming class then. I EVEN OFFERED to use a credit card to hold the seat. I was told that "it wouldn't be a problem to reserve the class seat". I then asked for a recommendation for local lodging. I was told "WE ARE RUNNING A SPECIAL LODGING DEAL". Those that attended this class were to have the Hotel rooms comp'd. Great I thought.....Until the following week....... I called and got the same person on the phone to ask a different question regarding the class when I was told "Oh there is a problem". I asked about what? This person explained 2 separate issues, first another sales person had sold the last seat for the class that I had already made all the travel arrangements for. Second was that the Hotel WAS NOT to be included in the price due to the "gift certificates", this is when I was informed that "they are gift certificates, we don't make any money on them!!"
I was not happy, as stated, I tried to secure the class seat with a credit card the week prior to making travel arrangements. I was told that the person would "try and figure out a way to fix it." I canceled all travel and was contacted it a few days by the sales person. I was told that I was going to be able to attend the scheduled date AND upgraded to a Corvette! The main reason for pulling the trigger on the class was because I has recently bought a 2011 Camaro SS and wanted to drive that car. I made that point CLEAR from the first contact regarding scheduling a class seat.
There is more but frankly I don't feel like going back over all of it..... After not being able to offer ANYTHING to compensate me for ALL OF THEIR ERRORS, I decided to confront the General Sales Manager with a copy of all electronic correspondence regarding ALL of the issues from the beginning. In the middle of the main entrance of the facility AND IN FRONT OF AN EMPLOYEE I was told "I'm not getting into a battle of emails." Then slammed the door as they left, leaving me to answer to the employee When stated " What Just Happened??" I explained that the sales manager was busy.... After gaining my composure, I went and found the same person and asked to see Mr. Bondurant. I was told that he was not on the property and would not return for the day. I TOLD this person I would be expecting a phone call from Mr. Bondurant ASAP due to the flight I had reserved for home I could not wait.

"WAIT FOR IT...." The next day I receive a phone call from the legend Bob Bondurant, the first words from his mouth were "I'M PRETTY PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW," I WAS FLOORED TO SAY THE LEAST...... After several different people chimed in on the speaker phone, I just gave in. After spending thousands of dollars and going to a "Bucket List Item", I had no come back for a person I had looked up to for decades. I had upset Him... Well the dust has settled and I thought it was time to speak my own opinion to this tragedy. You see; I lost my best friend and Hero, our Father. He was the person that I wanted to be "just like". We shared so much, including the love of motor sports. I had just finished spending more then 18 months traveling between Knoxville Tn. and the west coast, more then 8 months total at our Folks home doing repairs and taking care of all items it takes to close an Estate, as per our Father's wishes.
THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO THIS EVENT THAT I HAVE NOT LISTED. The irony to this whole thing is that due to my job I attend MANY events that the Bondurant's do as well. I look foreword to seeing them very soon.
Cheers,