“Great staff,beautiful property” 4 of 5 stars

Houston, Texas
17 attraction reviews
“Great staff,beautiful property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I just left after 4 days in conference,only to find my flight cancelled. No problem to return, have wine sent to my room by front desk, to try and relieve my stress. They went the extra mile.
I travel on business 50% of the time, so that glass of wine really took it up a notch. Also, the staff were totally engaged with each guest.unfortunately, this is the exception. A special thank you to Isaiah, the bellman who took care of all details for my package delivery and storage during a very stressful work weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nanaimo, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“No better than average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Recently had mani/pedi at the spa. Nice surroundings, pleasant staff, average treatments.
The manicure/pedicure area opens onto the main lobby of the spa. It is noisy and some smells waft in from the cafe. Not a very relaxing experience.
Because this treatment area is small the estheticians must be more conscious of the noise they make while cleaning their work space and their tools.
I don't think for the price this spa experience rates very high.

Richland, Washington
26 attraction reviews
“Skip the sun wrap -- go for the facial!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

On our recent stay there I had three treatments. I'm not a spagoer by any means but the groupon made me do it! The first day I had the sunwrap and the facial. I did a package because it includes the tip and it saved a lot of money. The sunwrap was not my favorite. The steam capsule never really got hot. I would have been better off just going into the steam room wrapped up! So later that day I got the facial. I loved it! The facialist did extractions which normally doesn't happen. It was really nice!
Later that week, for my aromatherapy massage, the girl at the desk was kind of snobbish. I got sent back to the locker room to get a locker (you need a key) and I showed up a half hour early so I could unwind and relax before my massage. The girl never showed up with the key so I had to go back out. This time on my way back, I heard voices and knocked on the staff door. The girl said she was never called to give me a key. I truly believe this was done on purpose because I tried to purchase a gift card with a $25 dollar extra on the card and the so-called manager didn't want to sell me the card. She started asking all kinds of questions and it was very uncomfortable. I just felt like I was treated like a person who didn't have the wherewithal to spend a day at the spa. Maybe I should have shown up in my business suit! Not my style! After several attempts to purchase the card, I was finally told "Yes, we're going to honor it because the promotion was advertised on the podium." Wow! Thanks!
So I had my aromatherapy massage, but I'm just not a massage person to say that it was good or bad. The facilities are beautiful and relaxing and I love the outdoor pool area. I sat next to the babbling brook and my husband and my furbaby showed up on the other side of the fence to say hello!
Next time I would definitely do the facial and maybe the horseback ride package. That looked really amazing! You go out and you supposedly can find wild horses hence the name "Wild Horse Pass." We went out to the stables before we left and looked at the horses. It's really a beautiful place with such serene beauty.
We loved eating at the golf course, part of the hotel. The food is the best value and delicious! We've eaten there every time we go there. Been there twice, going back in March, but it's on a weekend and I don't want to pay the extra fee for the weekend rates at the spa. Next time! The spa staff is really friendly except for the girl who was the "acting manager" at the desk.

Visited December 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
22 attraction reviews
“Terrible spa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I booked a six hour treatment, which the staff rushed us through the whole day. There was no time to relax and actually enjoy the spa. The "massage" was more of just a rub down, the staff rushed us through our day long program. Lunch was highly overpriced and incredibly small. The body scrub was good, but your therapist actually scrubs and washes you, splashing water in your face, so you feel as though your drowning. There was nothing inherently wrong with the treatments, but we were rushed through the whole day. The therapists seemed as though they couldn't get us done fast enough.

During my manicure i finally asked my therapist to just finish and let me go because I no longer wanted to be there. My pedicure was one of the worst I've ever had though.

Stroud, OKlahoma
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

A great day spent in relaxing surroundings. Food and service was wonderful. Massage, facial, steam room, hot tub, pool, locker room, showers, with all the supplies you could need - all fabulous. Our services were between 1:30 and 3:30. We arrived about 11 for lunch with plenty of time to eat and unwind before services and after. Best advice is to spend all day there for the total experience.