“Cool off and let's the kids play” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 22 Attractions in Chandler
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
Attraction Details
16 attraction reviews
“Cool off and let's the kids play”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I had not been here in years, but my kids had a great time. We arrived about 2pm and it was busy, but as the day wore on it got quiter. The kids had a great time when everyone started leaving around 4pm. The food was reasonably priced, and thank goodness they no longer charge for adults, I found that absurd. My kids were ages 11 and 8, and the older ones loved it as much as the younger ones.

Visited July 2014

Chandler, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
“Great for kids but BUSY!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My kids absolutely love this place. One bad thing is that it is always so busy you tend to lose your kid because there are so many people and kids are constantly running into each other and crawling over each other. It's a great place for the kids to burn energy though and get out of the heat. We definitely will return.

Visited March 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
17 attraction reviews
“Very fun for the kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

There so many fun things to climb on slide down and climb through!
The kids never seem to get tired of this and it is a great way to get some exercise and release some energy
It is a great value for the money

Visited February 2014
Chandler, Arizona
8 attraction reviews
“Great for kids 9 and under”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This has tons of fun things for kids, younger kids will need you to run around with them but kids 6 and up will probably just wander around aimlessly for as long as you will let them. The food is decent (for a kid play place- pizza/corn dogs). Parents have to pay an entrance fee, which I don't understand, but the kids will have fun. Make sure to bring socks!

Visited March 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Progressively getting worse.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've gone to Makutu's Island three times in my lifetime. Being 14 years of age, I go places fun for my birthday. The first time I went to Makutu's, I was about seven. I still remember everything very clearly: the bright colors, the hypnotizing carpet, the joyful laughter of children. My mother had taken me there for my birthday, and I was extremely happy because the place was like a fantasy land. I had so much fun that day. The service was great, the carpets were clean, and all of the playground equipment was up to date and clean. The games were being fixed as soon as they were broken and some of the kids had gotten extra tickets for the inconvenience. The second time I went, I was turning 12. I took two of my best friends. This time, the carpets were dark and there were splotches of gum on the floor that no one bothered to clean up. My mother sat in the corner and played on her tablet while we were there, so I didn't really get her opinion on the quality there. Most of the staff there were rude, and I had one experience in particular that I will never forget. My two friends and I were in line for refills. My friend went up to the drink machine where a male staff member was standing while my other friend and I held her place. She went up to the counter and asked if we could just get refills because we didn't want anything else. The staff member told us we weren't allowed to cut and told us to go to the back of the line. We obeyed, instead of getting yelled at. As we walked to the back of the line, a man was standing at the back and he was mumbling to himself about something. After the line moved up a little bit, the man stopped paying attention so we scootched past him to get in front of him. He yelled at us for cutting, but didn't move in front of us, so we stayed where we were. While the man played on his phone, we kept moving up. Then the man's phone rang, and he leaned over the glass and his body pressed against mine. He yelled, "Randy, it's for you, buddy!" across the cafe and everyone turned to look. "Randy" got up and took the phone, and the man retreated from the glass but didn't back away from me. He held up the cup he was holding and asked the man standing at the drink machine if he could have a refill, and the same man that told us not to cut gave him a refill with no question! He then looked down at me and sneered, and my friends ran to tell my mom. She was very upset about the whole situation. The last time I went to Makutu's, the quality was so bad, all I wanted to do was leave. All of the equipment is dirty and the quality of the playgrounds have gone down immensely. I was very disappointed by the way my birthday was spent and I was also very angry that no one even bothered to help my mom with a problem that she had with the food.
I hope my review helped everyone, as I am a younger individual and like to share my opinion loud and clear.

Visited May 2013