“Overpriced , dirty, and rude staff” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 22 Attractions in Chandler
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
Attraction Details
Phoenix, Arizona
“Overpriced , dirty, and rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

It is pretty overpriced, and the fact that they charge for adults is annoying. It is extremely dirty and dusty and the staff were very rude. The staff were not kid friendly, and the manager is possibly the worst one. My girls had fun at first, but I felt like I needed to give them a disinfectant bath afterwards. You could literally see dust and dirt everywhere. Then, one of my 4 year old twins got turned around and was crying and none of the staff even approached her or helped. She tried to ask one where her mommy was and they simply said "I don't know, go look for her". We will definitely not be returning.

Visited July 2013

3 attraction reviews
“Boys love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My boys love this place. We have been going there for years and they enjoy it every time. I like that it has an arcade too and a food area. The staff Is always very friendly too and that's one thing I always look for when I take them places.

Visited May 2013
Chandler, Arizona
“used to be great....dirty and in need of repair”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've been a fan of Makutu's Island for almost 10 years and have hosted and attended many parties here. I was so sad to see it in terrible shape on our last visit. It needs major maintenance and a good cleaning. The blocks for the toddlers are flat and dirty and coming apart. Very few of the games were working and after reading other reviews with the same problem, its obvious that the owner isn't putting any money back into the business or even attempting to repair the broken games. It could be great again if he/she would spend a little to restore it back to the Makutu's it used to be. Even the prize counter was a sad sight with few prized and lots of empty shelves. It almost looked like it's going out of business.

Visited June 2013
Houston
7 attraction reviews
“entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is such a wonderful place to take kids to play. My grandkids loved it. They played for 3 hours. I felt it was so safe & I could enjoy watching the grandkids have fun. We ate at the restaurant & it was ok for kids. All in all the place in a very nice, clean indoor activity for kids in the summer.

Visited May 2013
Tombstone, Arizona, United States
38 attraction reviews
“Fun place for 3-9 year old kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Fun place for 3-9 year old kids... Fun for parents too, but harder on us to squeeze around.

Cool indoor tree house and jungle gym playground. The coolest one I have seen so far. I have taken my kids 8-10 times and now it is played out for us. This is definitely worth going...

I only wish they would be faster at fixing the cracked pads and broken areas instead of closing them off.

Visited January 2013