“Run Down” 2 of 5 stars

Overland Park, KS
28 attraction reviews
“Run Down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We took our 3 year old here when we were in AZ on vacation and were so disappointed. I had heard such wonderful things about it so I had really built it up in my mind and I was so disappointed. 3 is definately too young to visit this place. Not only that but the place was very run down-the carpet was dirty, the play area for toddlers was so small and all the items in it were torn up....we stayed an hour and should've just walked in and walked out.

Phoenix, Arizona
19 attraction reviews
“fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Fin place to spend an afternoon but wear jean to avoid rug burns on your knees from all the climbing!

Phoenix Arizona
30 attraction reviews
“This is always a favorite for our family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Firstly- everyone, parents included should wear socks, or they will make you buy them. The yellow slide is THE BEST, I recommend even the parents go on that. Kids under 3 are really too little experience the majority of the attractions, but there is a small little kid area for them. I'd say 5-10 is the main age for this place. They get a lot of exercise, especially wonderful during the summer months when it's hard to get the kids to be active. There is a restaurant on site but food is only so-so. I would recommend heading down the road about 5 minutes to Chompies, WONDERFUL restaurant. Makutu's Island has lockers for your stuff (you won't want to carry it around) and a pretty cool arcade. Plan on about 2 hrs.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Great place for kids.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I took our 5 year old and 3 year old there a few times while were were vacationing. We went during the week so it was relatively quiet. The kids had an absolute blast. My husband and I decided to get in and play with them and GOODNESS it was a workout! Bottom line, it's a lot of fun. If you want to get the kids to bed early, take them there for a few hours!

Visited April 2012
Mesa, Arizona
19 attraction reviews
“Clean, excellent service, and FUN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I visited Makutu's Island with my 4 year old daughter and two of her 4 year old friends and their mothers. We got there at opening (10 a.m. summer hours). It was not too crowded. What first impressed us was how clean it was. This place is huge; there is so much to do there and plenty of seating for parents. The girls had a blast on all the climbing structures and slides. My daughter's favorite was the zip line, she must have done that 25 times. The zip line is manned by a staff member who lets the kids step on their knee to reach it and helps them as needed - nice! There are staff all over the place, making sure everything is going smoothly. Many of the staff appeared to be in their late teens. They were the nicest, most polite kids' venue staff we've encountered. My friend commented that it was like being at Chick-fil-a (known for their customer service). We ate at the cafe. The kids meal chicken nuggets were real white meat. The meal came with 5 decent-sized pieces, a generous helping of fries, a drink, and a cookie for $5.50. I had the flatbread pizza, which was good and $6.49. My drink was a little pricier at $2.25 for a medium and $.50 for a refill. The staff in the cafe was excellent as well. The girls played a few games a redeemed tickets for prizes. The bathroom has a few stalls with small toilets for little ones plus shorter sinks. There is also a movie room for those who want a break. We stayed 4.5 hours and my daughter didn't want to leave. What a fun, cool way to get exercize in the Arizona heat. It was definitely worth the $8.50 admission price for my daughter. Adults are $3.50, which I got for free due to an Entertainment book coupon. Their web site also has coupons you can sign up for. We wish we lived closer; Makutu's is 25 minutes from our home, but we will be back!

Visited June 2012