“Wonderful weekend getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Tucson
“Wonderful weekend getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wanted to find a nice resort-like place to have a mother-daughter getaway. After endless searching, I gave up and decided to make phone calls the morning of the trip. I'd seen photos of the Sheraton, but thought it would be out of my price range. To my surprise, the hotel reservation rep was welcoming and friendly. She immediately booked me a room and the rate was perfect for us. By the time we finished the call, I felt as though family were awaiting our arrival. They were so nice and accommodating. Much more---was the gorgeous scenery and lovely serene resort property. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool area was beautiful. We had the nicest little boat ride to the Rawhide restaurant. Everything about our short getaway was great. We hated to leave! We will definately be back :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback regarding your recent stay. The architecture, design, art and legends reflect the Pima (Akimel O'otham) and Maricopa (Pee Posh) tribes. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

3 night stay for friends' event was a mixed set of pros & cons. The resort itself was lovely, well maintained, and pleasant. The room had a very comfortable bed and excellent bathroom with separate shower stall along with a deep tub. A nice beverage bar for coffee and water bottles along with extras in the room like a safe, iron& board, and hair dryer. The bell/doormen were polite and helpful alerting one to when the shuttle was arriving & always offering complementary water which was appreciated with daily temps over 100. The food offered at the lobby cafe and the pool/bar- Hanyo was fresh, well prepared and very good. The staff at both were friendly and personable.
The cons were the disappointing closure of the spa which was a plan for the group staying for the event. The closure was not divulged by the staff when planning accommodations for a group event to my friend who could have chosen an alternate set of dates so guests could enjoy the Spa as planned. Coupled with closure of 2 of the restaurants, the 'resort fee' of $20 should have been waived or at a minimum reduced by 50%. The mandatory $12 bellman fee is - excessive & insulting. If I do not need the service, therefore I should not be forced to pay for it. Same for the $4/night housekeeping fee. While I understand some guests do not tip appropriately, I do but now there is no recourse if the room is not up to par or not maintained daily to standards. Ironically, once in the room, there is a card to hang on the door if you wish to participate in the 'green' program and forgo daily housekeeping services...that you have already been charged a tip fee. Really?! There is no insulation between rooms and conversation can be clearly heard in rooms next door; gaps under the adjoining and entry door are also contributing to the issue. The door locks themselves are the loudest I've ever experienced and sound like a gunshot in the middle of the night when other guests allow the door to close normally. Despite the comfort of the bed, the middle of the night noise from inconsiderate neighboring guests is very disruptive. My experience had the added 'benefit' of guest next door smoking something unidentifiable and the odor concentrating in my room. Stuffing towels at the base of doors in the middle of the night and opening patio to air out the room then let the a/c re-cool the room was a lost night of sleep. Sound proofing is a major flaw with the hotel.
The aesthetics of the property are beautiful as is the desert setting, the guest experience is lacking in attention to detail for the primary reason for staying at the resort- restful sleep.

Green Features: Contradiction with a $4/night housekeeping fee mandatory on bill and card in room to hang on door to forgo housekeeping.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. While I am pleased that there were several positive aspects of your experience, I truly apologize that we missed on some of the details of communication and service delivery. I am also sorry that the circumstances of the work on property interfered with your experience. We are very excited and pleased to have had the opportunity to renovate our spa and food and beverage venues in August and hope that you will be able to enjoy the results of this work in the near future!
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Made our reservation on the SPG website for this specific property as a staycation - when arriving to the property we were advised that the primary restaurant, Kai was closed as part of the 'seasonal shut down' - this was our primary purpose for staying here; to enjoy a special birthday celebration (luckily Shula's had an open time slot for our reservation that night, and they were close by) – after stopping by the room with our luggage, I took a walk down to Aji Spa and find a sign posted on the door stating they are closed for renovation and apologize for the inconvenience (the front desk staff didn't even advise us that it was closed - and the hotel still charged a 'resort fee' of $20.00 for use of the Spa, shuttle and wifi). The next morning we were looking forward to a good breakfast in the Ko’Sin restaurant, and it too was closed for renovation and seating was set up in the lower level lobby area by the bar (this too was not explained during check in) - This entire unfortunate experience could have been avoided if the property were to have advised its customers upon making a room reservation that these areas were not accessible during the time of our stay …..departed the next day feeling disappointed

Room Tip: Call the hotel in advance to ensure all areas of the property are open (especially in the summer mon...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. I am happy to hear that you chose to “staycation” with us for your birthday celebrations. However, I am disappointed to learn that we were unable to accommodate you and your family for your dining options. It is unacceptable that you were not notified of our renovations until after arrival and furthermore displeasing that we did not bring it to your attention during the check-in process. This is a matter that has been rectified immediately and will not occur again in the future. As for renovations, Kai experiences a seasonal closure annually for approximately one month during August, and will have its grand re-opening August 28th 2014. Additionally, the resort service charge of $20.00 provides access to the fitness center located within the spa which was opened during the time of renovations. The spa has since re-opened for treatments and continues to offer unparalleled relaxation in what we pride ourselves on as the only authentic Native American spa in all of Arizona.

My hope is that you will return to our resort so that you can experience our true level of service and relax and enjoy the vacation that you deserve. Thank you again for your feedback and please do not hesitate to connect with our team prior to arrival.

Front Desk Manager
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Our family (two adults and college student) stayed at this resort for a long weekend in July 2014. We had a wonderful time. Check in was quick and efficient. I made reservations online using the hotel's website. We had a king size bed with a balcony which overlooked the back of the hotel and conference center which was fine as we were not in our room much. We did have a roll away bed in our room for two nights and it fit fine. It is my understanding if you join the Sheraton preferred guest program you would get a room overlooking the pool. In the lobby is a cafe where coffee and muffins can be purchased and charged to the room. I spent Friday by the pools of which there are three - one of the pools is sufficient size for swimming laps and there is a water slide which I enjoyed and there were children using the water slide too. My husband played golf at one of the resort's golf courses and he easily got a tee time playing with some other hotel guests. There is a bar/restaurant (sandwiches and salads and some appetizers) by the pool. I ordered lunch and it was brought to me where I was sitting by the pool. Friday afternoon by the pool was not that busy - Saturday by the pool was quite busy. For the weekend in the summer in Phoenix, there was musical entertainment in the lobby on Friday and Saturday evening and on Saturday afternoon, there was a group of three musicians by the pool. On Friday afternoon, there was a wine tasting which was enjoyable. The staff was pleasant - I had difficulty using the computer for printing my boarding pass and the staff at the desk printed my boarding pass for me. I spoke with many of the staff people and everyone was pleasant and friendly. We enjoyed our time here and will return again when in the area. We checked out on Sunday very quickly. This hotel is in a breath taking location on an Indian reservation surrounded by mountains. In the summer, the sunset was gorgeous.

Room Tip: We were on third floor facing conference center and room was quiet - our room had a king size bed...
Green Features: The hotel's environmentally friendly practices are best described on the hotel's website.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are more than happy that you were able to enjoy all of the wonderful amenities our property has to offer. We are also glad to hear you connected with several associates, finding them helpful and friendly - as that it the kind of service we aim for. We cannot wait to welcome you back to our property.
PR Director
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The A/C in the room wasn't working correctly (this seems to be a reoccurring theme at SPG properties), so I asked to change to another room. The guest services department said, "We will send an engineer to look if the thermostat is working correctly, and then she would look at other options about changing rooms." Another issue I had was that my room was not made up until 5:30pm - I left my room at 9:00M and returned around 3:00pm. I phoned guest services to request to the room be made up, but it wasn't until I went to the front desk, to request the room be made up, that a house keeper cleaned the room. What disappoints me most, was that both times I contacted customer service, I was given excuses, and not solutions to my problems. I had to wait around for the engineer to repair the a/c unit (which was clogged with lint and dust particles preventing proper air circulation), in a hot a muggy room for 40+ minutes and I need to run errands. Secondly, my first request for house cleaning was ignored because the house keeping manager told me the room wasn't cleaned because the room attendant for that floor had left for the evening. Good customer service, would have been to acknowledge the inconvenience I was experiencing, and transfer my room, so your team could have made all the necessary repairs and allow housekeeping to clean the room. Instead, I felt I was paying to provide convince to the hotel. I was forces to waste my time and wait in a hot unkempt room until the engineer and housekeeping could address the rooms issues. This is what I expect to do when I am at home, but not on holiday in a 5 star resort.

Stayed July 2014
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your comments. We truly value your feedback and we appreciate that you would take the time to post your experience. It is very disappointing that we failed to meet your expectations and we sincerely apologize for our errors and the inconveniences you experienced. We know that you have many choices when traveling to the Phoenix area and hope that in you would consider us again for your next visit.
Greenacres, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I went there on a business trip and we were amazed. The grounds are beautiful and the food was beyond reproach. We were upgraded to a suite for free which had a spectacular view. They have a fantastic trail and very relaxing poolside service. I would love to visit again!!

Stayed May 2014
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and are so glad to hear you enjoyed so many of the amenities we have to offer.

Whether on business or leisure, we are elated to hear you enjoyed the grounds, food, and upgraded room with a view, our Interpretive Trail and Hanyo Pool.

Again, thank you for sharing your resort experience and we look forward to your next visit!

Restaurants & Bars Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I found out about this place through a military site who are known for offering typically 3* and above hotel and resorts. I haven't a clue as to how this place slipped through the cracks! There where truly RED FLAGS & WARNING SIGNS from the day I reserved the room. First they immediately charge my credit card for the entire stay (3 days)... I still had 15hrs before I would even arrive in any part of Arizona. After going to this place direct web site I notices a number of difference in the way they listed there rooms and other sites that they have as 3rd parties after checking about three I called the SHERATON WILD HORSE PASS RESORT & SPA directly, questioning the room that I reserved and the charges to my credit card. I was informed by staff that their practice is to charge one- two nights upfront and that they don't guaranty rooms, they are on a first come first serve basses! I was OUTRAGED and asked for clarity... so you mean to tell me, I can pay for a suite and reserve it online and when I get there you can put me in a regular room? "UHH Yeah" was the young woman's reply. Then told me, " you need to take that up with the third party you made your reservation with, not us". I immediately called the travel agent and was put on hold for 45min while the two went back and forth. After the agents return, I was told that my King Deluxe room was confirmed but if they offer a variety of King Deluxe then which one couldn't be guarantied ( scratching My head now) so you are good to go, but they don't allow refunds less than 7 days out. Never the less!!!! I get there and not only am I in 2 basic room with a king size bed that LOOKS and SMELLS like the cheapest MOTEL you can think of when I print out a copy of the advertised room and my conformation, I get the OMG look and I'm told if you could let me copy that I will turn it in to a manager but we are booked to capacity though the rest of this month. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the three days of being there, no linen was changed, just remade beds and turned pillows with my make-up over! Who does that? We literally saw maybe ten other people out and around the entire place during our stay (adults and children) but they considered the place to be booked to capacity! Absolutely NO CONTINENTAL ANYTHING and the two complimentary waters, I am sure I paid for with the $42 or $43 resort charge they hit me with on check-out! Overpriced MOTEL, then want you to pay for leaving your room or better yet stay in your room and watch a t.v that is programed to do more advertising than entertaining... like a MOTEL! I promise there was not one person walking around with a smile on their face... and I will do everything in my power to make sure this place is not OFFERED to ANY OTHER SOLDIER ever again!!!!!!! And I hope the general public can learn from our tragedy and go some other place, I mean we Couldn't even check out w/o having to wait half an hour for someone to return to the front desk, SMDH! Thanking God above, we left that place and went just down the highway and stayed at the Homewood Suite for less money, got us a two bedroom suite with a separate living and kitchen for the same amount of days with breakfast and DINNER included, more entertainment and beautiful surrounding and I must say they turned our frown upside down.
I'm not interested in any comments from the resort whatsoever this post is strictly for the consumers!

Room Tip: "TURN AROUND AND RUN!" "A/C didn't seem to work"
Green Features: They seem to save on laundry and cleaning for sure.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts an observations regarding your recent stay with us. We are extremely concerned that your experience left you frustrated and we truly apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. We understand that you did not specifically want a reply from us. As is our policy, we must reply and we do feel it important that we expand the explanation of some of the circumstances of your stay that may have been unclear in your evaluation.
We have many seasonal packages that are available directly through the Resort and our external partner web sites which vary in cost, based on content and availability. This includes one package specifically intended for Military members, but this is only available through the resort specific special offers page.
Third party partners are a component of our marketing and guests who choose this option enter a separate financial arraignment directly with the third party which includes prepayment of the room fees. All of these special rates are subject to the resort service fee, which is clearly stated in your arrival confirmation email. We do not have any packages through these partnerships that are targeted for specifically for Military members. Perhaps there was confusion during the booking process, but the rate selected was specific to the room type assigned.
Again, we sincerely appreciate your time and apologize for your frustration.
Resort Manager

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!