“Beautiful Piece of Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Greenacres, Florida, United States
“Beautiful Piece of Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I went there on a business trip and we were amazed. The grounds are beautiful and the food was beyond reproach. We were upgraded to a suite for free which had a spectacular view. They have a fantastic trail and very relaxing poolside service. I would love to visit again!!

Stayed May 2014
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and are so glad to hear you enjoyed so many of the amenities we have to offer.

Whether on business or leisure, we are elated to hear you enjoyed the grounds, food, and upgraded room with a view, our Interpretive Trail and Hanyo Pool.

Again, thank you for sharing your resort experience and we look forward to your next visit!

Restaurants & Bars Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I found out about this place through a military site who are known for offering typically 3* and above hotel and resorts. I haven't a clue as to how this place slipped through the cracks! There where truly RED FLAGS & WARNING SIGNS from the day I reserved the room. First they immediately charge my credit card for the entire stay (3 days)... I still had 15hrs before I would even arrive in any part of Arizona. After going to this place direct web site I notices a number of difference in the way they listed there rooms and other sites that they have as 3rd parties after checking about three I called the SHERATON WILD HORSE PASS RESORT & SPA directly, questioning the room that I reserved and the charges to my credit card. I was informed by staff that their practice is to charge one- two nights upfront and that they don't guaranty rooms, they are on a first come first serve basses! I was OUTRAGED and asked for clarity... so you mean to tell me, I can pay for a suite and reserve it online and when I get there you can put me in a regular room? "UHH Yeah" was the young woman's reply. Then told me, " you need to take that up with the third party you made your reservation with, not us". I immediately called the travel agent and was put on hold for 45min while the two went back and forth. After the agents return, I was told that my King Deluxe room was confirmed but if they offer a variety of King Deluxe then which one couldn't be guarantied ( scratching My head now) so you are good to go, but they don't allow refunds less than 7 days out. Never the less!!!! I get there and not only am I in 2 basic room with a king size bed that LOOKS and SMELLS like the cheapest MOTEL you can think of when I print out a copy of the advertised room and my conformation, I get the OMG look and I'm told if you could let me copy that I will turn it in to a manager but we are booked to capacity though the rest of this month. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the three days of being there, no linen was changed, just remade beds and turned pillows with my make-up over! Who does that? We literally saw maybe ten other people out and around the entire place during our stay (adults and children) but they considered the place to be booked to capacity! Absolutely NO CONTINENTAL ANYTHING and the two complimentary waters, I am sure I paid for with the $42 or $43 resort charge they hit me with on check-out! Overpriced MOTEL, then want you to pay for leaving your room or better yet stay in your room and watch a t.v that is programed to do more advertising than entertaining... like a MOTEL! I promise there was not one person walking around with a smile on their face... and I will do everything in my power to make sure this place is not OFFERED to ANY OTHER SOLDIER ever again!!!!!!! And I hope the general public can learn from our tragedy and go some other place, I mean we Couldn't even check out w/o having to wait half an hour for someone to return to the front desk, SMDH! Thanking God above, we left that place and went just down the highway and stayed at the Homewood Suite for less money, got us a two bedroom suite with a separate living and kitchen for the same amount of days with breakfast and DINNER included, more entertainment and beautiful surrounding and I must say they turned our frown upside down.
I'm not interested in any comments from the resort whatsoever this post is strictly for the consumers!

Room Tip: "TURN AROUND AND RUN!" "A/C didn't seem to work"
Green Features: They seem to save on laundry and cleaning for sure.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts an observations regarding your recent stay with us. We are extremely concerned that your experience left you frustrated and we truly apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. We understand that you did not specifically want a reply from us. As is our policy, we must reply and we do feel it important that we expand the explanation of some of the circumstances of your stay that may have been unclear in your evaluation.
We have many seasonal packages that are available directly through the Resort and our external partner web sites which vary in cost, based on content and availability. This includes one package specifically intended for Military members, but this is only available through the resort specific special offers page.
Third party partners are a component of our marketing and guests who choose this option enter a separate financial arraignment directly with the third party which includes prepayment of the room fees. All of these special rates are subject to the resort service fee, which is clearly stated in your arrival confirmation email. We do not have any packages through these partnerships that are targeted for specifically for Military members. Perhaps there was confusion during the booking process, but the rate selected was specific to the room type assigned.
Again, we sincerely appreciate your time and apologize for your frustration.
Resort Manager
Reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

It's just a beautiful resort. My room was very clean, and quiet, and had a wonderful view. I must say that the staff I dealt with only added to a perfect stay. To name a few, Larry and Nathan would have to be at the top of my list for having and using the skills needed to make a good stay a great stay. The whole experience from checking in to checking out was flawless.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,
I want to personally thank you for providing us with the excellent feedback from your most recent stay with us at the resort. I was delighted to read about the wonderful experiences you had with Nathan and Larry, please be assured we will share the kind words with them. We take pride in our service and we strive to make every guest's experience unique and wonderful just like yours. We cannot wait to welcome you back to The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa to enjoy the beautiful views and amenities that our property has to offer to all of our guests.
Front Office Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

we live in awhatukee so this place is close. great rooms and restaurants. service is always good. very southwestern decor and native american themed. we always enjoy staying here for a good meal, golf, and rest.

Room Tip: west facing rooms will have views of the pool and the estrella mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback regarding your recent stay. The architecture, design, art and legends reflect the Pima (Akimel O'otham) and Maricopa (Pee Posh) tribes. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Front Desk Manager
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We took our 2 daughters (ages 12 and 15) for a two night stay. We have stayed at this resort 2 times before. It's very close to home, it's beautiful, and they have really awesome summer pricing! We took advantage of the $99/night deal they are offering for teachers. We arrived late afternoon on the Sunday of the 4th of July weekend. The place had pretty much cleared out but you could tell it had been busy and they hadn't had a chance to clean up yet. The pool was a bit murky and the carpets needed to be vacuumed but that wasn't really a big deal. Our room was on the 4th floor and had a great view of the pool and faced west, giving us some beautiful panoramic views. The room was clean and comfortable. We spent all day Monday at the pool and ordered lunch there (Hanyo pool grill). I have to mention... if you go... order the side of fries and onion rings! Best onion rings I ever had ! The place was pretty deserted which was very nice. It was quiet and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The pool was the main reason we go there...just to relax and spend some quality time with our girls. We got a lot of use out of the waterslide...awesome waterslide- you can go really fast!! The second day at the pool was also very quiet. However, on this day there were a couple of families there that pretty much took over the waterslide. There is no supervision by the staff so the kids do whatever they want...this included walking up the slide and also sitting on the slide about halfway down. At one point my daughter was going down the slide and didn't realize a boy had planted himself mid-way down. She crashed into him and got hurt. She was pretty upset...which made me upset that the parents were not paying attention to what their kids were doing. If I had one request to the staff it would be to keep better tabs on the waterslide. Actually, looking back at my last review on this site of the same property I mentioned this was a problem then as well. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and will go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the lobby...otherwise you will be walking quite a distance to get to your r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SHeckathorne, Director of Food and Beverage at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Davis Family,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and were able to have a relaxing time at the pool. I agree with you on the fries and onion rings at Hanyo Pool Bar & Grill – YUM! Those are really hard to resist and certainly a well-deserved treat after all the hard work of going up and down that water slide!

Thank you for your feedback regarding attendants at the slide – a very valid point and one that we will certainly address right away. Safety is very important and I’m concerned that you brought it up last time and it did not get addressed. Please accept my apology for that oversight on our part.

I hope that you will join us again for more fun-filled summer weekends. Check out our website for details on Labor Day weekend festivities…we’re setting up water slide inflatables, a pool-side reggae band and family gaming tournament with classics such as bocce ball and corn bags. It’s sure to be an awesome weekend!

Thank you again for your comments.

Lisa Mercer
Director of Food & Beverage
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had a good experience at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. My wife and I decided to stay the night at this hotel to avoid a long drive home after a concert at the Wild Horse Pass Casino. The hotel was nice, clean and the staff was friendly, plus I was upgraded to a Starwood Preferred guest room, which was a nice surprise. The room was spacious, and clean, I had a minor issue with noise coming from the bathroom, but once I notified management it was taken care of, great customer service! We took advantage of the pool area, it was very refreshing, especially during the
Arizona summer, my only wish would be an adult pool away from the main pool :)
We had breakfast at Ko'sin and i recommend the pancakes, the best pancakes I have ever had!!!
Overall is was a very good experience.

Room Tip: If you are a SPG member ask if starwood preferred rooms are available.
Green Features: If you stay two nights or more you can opt for starwood points in lieu of having your room cleaned.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SHeckathorne, Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your overnight stay with us at the resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We are also thrilled to hear that the issue you had with your bathroom was addressed and fixed in the appropriate amount of time and that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay in your upgraded Starwood Preferred Guest room. The pancakes in Ko’Sin are definitely a favorite and it is great to hear that they are the best you have ever had! We will certainly share that with our Ko’Sin culinary team! We hope that you will return for another visit and can take more advantage of the amenities we offer. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property.

Food and Beverage Manager
Arnold, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The General Federation of Women's Clubs held its annual convention & a Board meeting at this fabulous Resort and Spa June 17 to 26. The views were stunning, the pool inviting, food at all the restaurants delicious, and the grounds beautifully landscaped. I had two Spa treatments, each time wishing I had time for another visit. The fitness center is small but adequate. There is also a 2.5 mile walking trail which was fun & offered lots of photography opportunities. The Spa also has a cafe where the fare is light, delicious, and the organic wines by Paul Dolan, were very nice. The staff had some challenges with over 700 demanding women descending on them at once; but handled issues pretty well. I would love a trip back! Looking at the review from someone who arrived 6/25; I wonder if the staff was exhausted from dealing with our group?! Which is no excuse.

Room Tip: Views are better on the pool side of the hotel.
Green Features: Didn't use them because they not only do not make the bed; but do not re-stock the coffee.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa with your fellow travelers. Our destination has so much to offer and we are delighted to hear that you were able to fully enjoy your stay with visits to our restaurants and Aji Spa. The Interpretive Trail is a lovely option for our guests and we are always happy to hear that is appreciated and provided some great photo opps for you. We hope to see you on a return visit very soon.
Aji Spa Manager

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!