“Nice local get-a-way for our family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Chandler, Arizona
“Nice local get-a-way for our family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We took our 2 daughters (ages 12 and 15) for a two night stay. We have stayed at this resort 2 times before. It's very close to home, it's beautiful, and they have really awesome summer pricing! We took advantage of the $99/night deal they are offering for teachers. We arrived late afternoon on the Sunday of the 4th of July weekend. The place had pretty much cleared out but you could tell it had been busy and they hadn't had a chance to clean up yet. The pool was a bit murky and the carpets needed to be vacuumed but that wasn't really a big deal. Our room was on the 4th floor and had a great view of the pool and faced west, giving us some beautiful panoramic views. The room was clean and comfortable. We spent all day Monday at the pool and ordered lunch there (Hanyo pool grill). I have to mention... if you go... order the side of fries and onion rings! Best onion rings I ever had ! The place was pretty deserted which was very nice. It was quiet and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The pool was the main reason we go there...just to relax and spend some quality time with our girls. We got a lot of use out of the waterslide...awesome waterslide- you can go really fast!! The second day at the pool was also very quiet. However, on this day there were a couple of families there that pretty much took over the waterslide. There is no supervision by the staff so the kids do whatever they want...this included walking up the slide and also sitting on the slide about halfway down. At one point my daughter was going down the slide and didn't realize a boy had planted himself mid-way down. She crashed into him and got hurt. She was pretty upset...which made me upset that the parents were not paying attention to what their kids were doing. If I had one request to the staff it would be to keep better tabs on the waterslide. Actually, looking back at my last review on this site of the same property I mentioned this was a problem then as well. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and will go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the lobby...otherwise you will be walking quite a distance to get to your r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SHeckathorne, Director of Food and Beverage at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Davis Family,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and were able to have a relaxing time at the pool. I agree with you on the fries and onion rings at Hanyo Pool Bar & Grill – YUM! Those are really hard to resist and certainly a well-deserved treat after all the hard work of going up and down that water slide!

Thank you for your feedback regarding attendants at the slide – a very valid point and one that we will certainly address right away. Safety is very important and I’m concerned that you brought it up last time and it did not get addressed. Please accept my apology for that oversight on our part.

I hope that you will join us again for more fun-filled summer weekends. Check out our website for details on Labor Day weekend festivities…we’re setting up water slide inflatables, a pool-side reggae band and family gaming tournament with classics such as bocce ball and corn bags. It’s sure to be an awesome weekend!

Thank you again for your comments.

Lisa Mercer
Director of Food & Beverage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had a good experience at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. My wife and I decided to stay the night at this hotel to avoid a long drive home after a concert at the Wild Horse Pass Casino. The hotel was nice, clean and the staff was friendly, plus I was upgraded to a Starwood Preferred guest room, which was a nice surprise. The room was spacious, and clean, I had a minor issue with noise coming from the bathroom, but once I notified management it was taken care of, great customer service! We took advantage of the pool area, it was very refreshing, especially during the
Arizona summer, my only wish would be an adult pool away from the main pool :)
We had breakfast at Ko'sin and i recommend the pancakes, the best pancakes I have ever had!!!
Overall is was a very good experience.

Room Tip: If you are a SPG member ask if starwood preferred rooms are available.
Green Features: If you stay two nights or more you can opt for starwood points in lieu of having your room cleaned.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SHeckathorne, Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your overnight stay with us at the resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We are also thrilled to hear that the issue you had with your bathroom was addressed and fixed in the appropriate amount of time and that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay in your upgraded Starwood Preferred Guest room. The pancakes in Ko’Sin are definitely a favorite and it is great to hear that they are the best you have ever had! We will certainly share that with our Ko’Sin culinary team! We hope that you will return for another visit and can take more advantage of the amenities we offer. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property.

Food and Beverage Manager
Arnold, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The General Federation of Women's Clubs held its annual convention & a Board meeting at this fabulous Resort and Spa June 17 to 26. The views were stunning, the pool inviting, food at all the restaurants delicious, and the grounds beautifully landscaped. I had two Spa treatments, each time wishing I had time for another visit. The fitness center is small but adequate. There is also a 2.5 mile walking trail which was fun & offered lots of photography opportunities. The Spa also has a cafe where the fare is light, delicious, and the organic wines by Paul Dolan, were very nice. The staff had some challenges with over 700 demanding women descending on them at once; but handled issues pretty well. I would love a trip back! Looking at the review from someone who arrived 6/25; I wonder if the staff was exhausted from dealing with our group?! Which is no excuse.

Room Tip: Views are better on the pool side of the hotel.
Green Features: Didn't use them because they not only do not make the bed; but do not re-stock the coffee.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa with your fellow travelers. Our destination has so much to offer and we are delighted to hear that you were able to fully enjoy your stay with visits to our restaurants and Aji Spa. The Interpretive Trail is a lovely option for our guests and we are always happy to hear that is appreciated and provided some great photo opps for you. We hope to see you on a return visit very soon.
Aji Spa Manager
Agawam, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass and Resort for 8 nights (mostly with a GFWC International Convention and partially with friends to see the sights.)

I can only say positive comments about my experience.
The convention/meeting rooms were comfortably air conditioned. The banquet meals (I had 8 including breakfast, lunch, and dinner) were delicious - especially loved the bread, salads, and our desserts. Banquet staff was fabulous!!!

The sleeping rooms were comfortable - the cleaning staff was exceptional. I stayed in a double with a friend with friends in an adjoining suite. Beautifully decorated, great balcony (sat out there in the morning) although internet service was a bit slow. Nice touch to have a refrigerator in the room (which we had pre-requested) and a coffee maker. Loved the magnifying mirror in the bathroom!

The pool area grounds were generally well kept but would have liked to see all lounge chairs cleaned off as well as mini tables (some annoying birds hung around the bar area.) Drinks and food were available.

We had rented a car - and valet service was quick and friendly. Check out was great when we needed to split our bill.

I few things to note:
Went to the Aji Spa - had a fabulous experience which is posted on Tripadvisor.
Went on a walk on the Interactive trail - it is important to stay on the trail and don't try to find shortcuts - or security might need to bring you back to the hotel.

All in all a great stay!

Green Features: loved the recycling but I really needed to think before I dropped something in a container ;)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback about our Resort. We had a wonderful time hosting your conference, and it is so pleasant to hear the experience was mutual with the guests. Your comments about the banquet food and meeting are great to hear and we will pass along your comments to those teams. Your note about the interpretive trail is correct as there is so much of nature's beauty on the walk, but you must be careful because of the variety in cactus and plants. It is my hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our property to enjoy all of our wonderful outlets, and a relaxing sleep in one of our adjoining suites.

Front Office Manager
London, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

It began shortly after my arrival at 5:30 pm on June 25 for a 3 day conference. I was very tired and somewhat hungry, and wanted to go to the restaurant. I found no hostess. Two members of the wait staff repeatedly stared at me standing there as they went about their jobs – and I was very tired - waiting for a table, but they did nothing. Finally, I asked one of them to go and find the hostess. He did not locate her. She eventually showed up from where she had gone to get change for another customer since she was not prepared with enough change. I asked to sit down and since I was tired and I had stood a long time waiting for a table. The hostess told me I *could not* until a table was ready. I said, “I’d like to sit down, there are quite a few clean tables.” She said that there were no clean tables on the station of the waiter to which I had been assigned, and had me wait until the table she wanted me at was clear. Once the table was clear, she told the waiter to split the table, from a 4-top to a 2-top, apparently planning to either (a) not use the 2-top she had just formed or (b) seat another party, possibly a couple, at a distance of under three feet from me where they would have been very uncomfortable to have a single diner overhear their every word – again, with many empty tables in the restaurant! I asked that the table not be split, since I like to use part of the table for my electronic book reader. There was some resistance to this, but the hostess eventually agreed not to pull my table apart. (The restaurant was not busy!) I ordered only soup. Nice waiter, but the chicken tortilla soup tasted like canned condensed cream of tomato, very gooey and there was almost no chicken in it. It certainly was not the golden broth containing chicken that one would expect from “chicken tortilla soup.” Alternative recipes are fine but people need to be told when something is very far from normal. Also, this just was not good – tasted like gooey canned tomato soup.

The hostess the next morning was almost as bad as the hostess the night before. She saw I was dining alone, looked at my last name and then referred to me as “Mrs”. Of course, when marital status is unknown, business letters are addressed to “Ms.”, which is pronounced Mz and works for married or unmarried women. I explained to her that I was not “Mrs”. It was 6:30 am and I was the only party in the restaurant. She attempted to seat me at the only table from which people cannot see out – it is behind a kind of central partition, and it is right beside where all the traffic enters the restaurant I asked her why she would put me at a table where I could not see anything, and I insisted on a better table. I have often wondered why hostesses, who are generally young women, treat women dining alone so badly, giving them the worst table in the house even when the house is empty. However, I must admit this is not the first time this has happened.

I certainly will never dine at Ko’sin again. It should be renamed service’sin.

I had asked for a “room with a good view” and “a quiet room” when I checked in. I realized I wanted to see the sunset and asked to be moved the next morning. But I was moved to a room with a connecting door to another room. People were in there talking very loudly. Warning: always request no connecting door at this hotel if you go there – voices are super loud coming through the door. I finally did move to a third room. It is no easy feat to move rooms since they are a ten minute round trip from the bell desk. No major complaint here, I just think that a so-called four star hotel could note guest preference for quiet rooms, rather than my having to remember to ask each time. That kind of service from a three star or below would have been fine.

Service horrors continued the next day. I asked for a refrigerator to be brought to my room. I waited two hours, and one had not arrived, so I called and asked again. I wanted another hour and one had not arrived so I called and said that the refrigerator should be brought within the next 15 minutes or I was putting the story on Trip Advisor. It arrived 15 minutes after this call on the dot, which just goes to show that the hotel is capable of service when it wants to give it. I would have been true to my word and not given a bad review to Sheraton – since they made it in 15 minutes – but bad experiences continued.

Attempting to check out, I went to the bell desk where my luggage was held. I was asked for the claim stub and said I would give my driver’s license. As I took literally two seconds to reach in my purse, a women behind me handed in her stub. I then stopped the bell person and handed him my license. I saw my suitcase sitting next to the door, and that I was not with the woman who was behind me who cut in line. But I waited, and waited, and waited. I finally sent another person in to say that my suitcase was right beside the door and could I have it please. He said that the bell person with was looking for another suitcase. Why couldn’t I have just had my suitcase? Why did I have to wait and wait and wait until two suitcases could be found, including the suitcase of the woman who took cuts?

I still was not going to post anything until today’s terrible service. I called with a question about my bill. I was sent to a voice mail service, promising to call back or email. The service said “we are not associated with Sheraton Wild Horse Pass.” It was obviously going to be quite a while to wait for a call back. I hung up and asked for a live person. Instead I was put on hold, then asked my name by the operator (why?) they put on hold again for such a long time that I hung up. I called back again and got “all lines are busy”. I hung up and called back again. After holding for 3 minutes and 34 seconds, an operator took my call. She explained, “Accounting is not answering – I could leave a message for them to tall you back.” I asked if I could speak to the front desk about my bill, but she said they do not discuss bills after checkout. I then asked to be put through to a manager. After holding for about five minutes, the front desk answered! And they were able to take all of my questions about my bill.

Sheraton Wild Horse Pass has the most poorly trained service people I have encountered in all my years of staying in hotels. They spoil what could otherwise be a pleasant stay in a lovely setting.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for "no connecting door" or be prepared for loudness. Ask for a west fac...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your post and very helpful observations and feedback. We are very proud of our Resort and we strive to anticipate our guest’s needs, and we are truly sorry that this did not happen. We are very concerned that you experienced so many issues and we are embarrassed that we so badly missed in the restaurant and other service and follow up opportunities. We completely agree that these issues are unacceptable and you can be sure that we have followed up and are taking the necessary steps to act on and learn from your poor experiences.

Again, thank you for your time. Your feedback is a valuable tool for us and we appreciate this forum and the opportunity to strengthen the relationship with our guests. We know your perception of our Resort has been affected by these issues, but we hope that you will consider us again so that you can experience the positive, relaxing and memorable stay that we strive to deliver.
Resort Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went with three other families for a quick stay cation over Father's Day weekend. Overall the location is nice, although the rooms are beginning to look tired. The first day service was all but non existent at the pool. Also after purchasing a full day meal pass for the kids which included drinks, we were told by the bartender at the pool that they were not part of the deal. After speaking with the front desk, we were again told they were included. Staff at the pool bar was all but rude to the children, and I was forced to deal with the situation; Happy Father's Day.
Many of the staff were very nice and very helpful, not so at the pool bar. When my friend ordered a Bloody Mary on Father's Day, he asked "is this the same mix they use at the golf club?" The reason for the question is because the Bloody's were fantastic at the golf club. Her response to his question, "How would I know, we are not affiliated with them."
Next stay cation Ill go back to the JW Desert Ridge.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback and observations regarding your last visit. We truly appreciate your comments as it allows us to grow in areas of opportunity. We are truly sorry you received inconsistent information regarding the "Kids Eat Free" program. We will be sure to pass this information onto our team members to ensure consistency moving forward. Also, we missed the opportunity to anticipate your needs and we will take the appropriate steps to correct the actions in order to create that memorable experience.
Again, we thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback as we look for ways to improve. We hope that in the future you consider us again and allow us the opportunity to showcase our resort and service.

Director of Restaurants & Bars
tucson, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Wild Horse Resort for one night as we made a short weekend trip to Phoenix. We enjoyed ourselves and the Resort was very nice. We checked in late so hearing the soft Native American music through out the hotel was a nice touch. The Resort is a short ways away from the freeway so it is quite peaceful. The doors to each room were a nice touch, more than just your typical door. I was impressed with the granite tops on the nightstands, bathroom and chest of drawers. The bathrooms were a good size and nicely decorated. So overall, the Sheraton was a pretty nice stay and we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We are glad to learn that you selected us as your weekend getaway. Thank you for all of your kind words and commentary on our décor, ambiance and room design. The best compliment we could receive is that a guest would return to stay with us again. We hope that you will very soon. Thanks for writing.
Sincerely, PR Director.

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!