“Friendly staff making it work” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Iowa
“Friendly staff making it work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Arriving on a Friday afternoon, we checked in to a parking lot facing room that was clean, but a little worn on the edges. The extremely long walk to and from our room was a work out. The 1st night, there was a grid power outage for over an hour, they handled it well, even though we were completely in the dark, at night for over an hour. Staff seemed to keep everyone calm.

We went to Kosin for dinner, the tortilla soup is very good, and a blt salad that was my favorite. One thing that I wished they had was some healthy snacks to grab without having to dine in. I was there for 5 days, and needed fresh fruit. We took advantage of the free and convenient shuttle to the outlets, casino and Rawhide rest, which was fun.

Everything I called guest serivces for was granted with as much grace as possible. Extra coffee, water, yes, there's no power, ect... Sunday, I asked if there was a room with a better view, as that would make me happier. My request was met, with a golf course view. Much better for relaxing for 2 more days

The spa was expensive but worth it, my massage was pleasant, the women's locker/lounge area is wonderful with a private whirlpool, lots of space. I went to the Sat. am free yoga and wished it was everyday. The spa swimming pool was a 10, had great chicken tacos and a cocktail that was included in my spa package.

Our last night, the fire alarm went off at 3:00am, which sucked, and thankfully was a false alarm. I called to guest services, and again, was politely told there was no fire.

Pretty sure I never opened the entrance doors once, as the attendants were on duty, hailing cars and shuttles, and handing out cold bottles of water. Ever so politely.

p.s. we liked the fire pit by the pool, nice to look at the stars.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a view other than the parking lot and if you're not up for a long walk, ask f...
Green Features: They promoted recycling, which I loved. Very green friendly. I noticed even the spa recycled.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words as it means a great deal to our entire resort staff. At the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa we take pride in delivering the most personalized and personable service and it over joys me every time I hear a positive story like yours. Although it appears your stay was not completely perfect, I am glad that we were able to handle the unforeseen circumstances in a calming manner. Again, thank you so much for your feedback as it has been most helpful to my team at the resort as well as our future resort guests. We do hope you return in the future and we are able to exceed all of your expectations.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We only had 3 full days at the resort which barely seemed long enough to fully relax and enjoy. Unlike other recent reviews we had no problem with our room. he bathroom was very nice and the room did not seem too small for the 3 of us. There also was no issue with the cleanliness, although we did opt to participate in the "green" program so we didn't get our room made up everyday. I will say I noticed that many of the rooms were not made up until late int he day which could interfere with wanting to relax after a day of activities or wanting to get ready to go out.

Staff was extremely nice.

The only drawbacks we had were that food was pricey for what you got. It was good, not great. A 12oz fruit smoothie at the spa was $8 which is pretty high.

We did a few spa services. They were great but expensive. Might want to check Groupon before you go. I was told that they ofter run specials. Workout area pretty good but there is also a flat running trail.

Green Features: Having 3 people in a room (2 kids), I don't think I would choose the "green" option. If we had stayed longer, I would have needed service. It's hard to keep everything clean with kids.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our resort and are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. As much as we like to celebrate the successes with the team, we also make a point to address any opportunities for improvement. The “Make a Green Choice” is a wonderful Starwood initiative, with the primary goal of reducing water and energy usage. Even if you are enrolled in the program, opting out or calling for housekeeping requests is a simple adjustment for the team that we gladly accommodate. We look forward to your next visit to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass and hope to create another memorable experience for your family.
Housekeeping Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

And we are quite disappointed. The rooms are tiny, and smell like old carpet. The fridge was stocked, and not usable for our own drinks. No microwave. The bed was nice, bathroom was clean.. There is a door that joined two rooms and we could hear everything said next door. The air conditioning only worked when it wanted to and didn't make the room any cooler than 74. Our biggest complaint, there was no room to sit! No table or space to sit at the desk to eat. Who likes to eat in their bed?!

Went to the resorts restaurant, Ko'sin, for dinner and couldn't help but laugh! The caesar salad was dressed with hot mustard, the carne asada tacos were actually made with plain pot roast meat and my husbands filet minion was a small piece of a bad cut of meat that was over cooked. We did enjoy the black bean hummus and hard cracker things they served. It didn't end there.. Attempted to order room service that evening however the choices were very slim! Who want tortilla soup, and over cooked steak or a 16 dollar poorly cooked chicken breast to watch a movie with the kids? I ended up driving up the street to a shady truck stop to get Arby's. Sunday morning we went to the breakfast buffet, again we left hungry. The bacon was good, the sausage wasn't 'breakfast' sausage and it was chewy. The vat if eggs were from a carton, and the pancakes were mushy from sitting in the kettle. They have all the food in cast iron kettles, which was difficult to lift the lid, while getting food. Impossible for my son, and my father in law had trouble as well. They also had biscuits and chipotle sausage gravy; no sausage in it, not edible. We ate fruit, toast and our allowed two glasses of juice; and paid the resort buffet price.

The resort is rather difficult. From the lobby we couldn't walk to our room without taking two flights if stairs, then walking outside to the next section of the building only just to go back into our hallway OR dark hallway first, an elevator than two more dark hallways. Forget about walking to the parking lot.

I did receive services at Aji spa, which was lovely. My hands and feet have never looked better, but for 170.00.. They had better be perfect! The spa was very clean, quite and pretty. Hot teas and a granola mix in the waiting room. Nice robes,hot tub, sauna, and steam room in the locker room. It is walking distance from the room we were in, which was nice. If you enjoy the spa, cafe and amenities than it's worth the cost.
The pools were okay. All 3 feet except the 'adult' pool which get just past 5'. They were heated so they were comfortable. The lounge chairs were older, but had a nice padded top which I enjoyed. We enjoyed pool service and the food was good! The staff were quite busy but kept my drinks full and the food on time. There were little umbrellas to use, and no other shade but one tree. We went early to claim our places... The slide is not monitored so the kids and even adults go crazy, which is fun! I did get pretty scraped up however. The top if the slide has a platform to step/sit on to enter the slide and it is very rough so you don't slip. Well, my son and my tushes are scratched.. Along with our knees for going on our bellies.
We will not be returning. We are Starwood members and very disappointed in the resort. It's more of a large hotel with services, rather than a resort.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent journey here at The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass and providing us with your feedback. It saddens us to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that you and your family encountered many defects. We are disappointed to hear that our rooms did not meet your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve the overall experience and we will look into ways to enhance our guest rooms and the amenities we can offer. We can understand the frustration you must have had with the air conditioner and will have our Engineering team look into the inspection of the unit.
Hearing about your unpleasant dining experience in Ko’Sin was also disheartening. Our culinary team prides themselves on delivering top quality food daily and we have passed this information onto our Chefs. Your reviews are being taken into serious consideration and corrections will be made accordingly. Our hotel design greatly reflects the natural landscape of The Gila River Indian Community, something we all take great pride in. However, dark hallways are both unacceptable and potentially hazardous which will be passed onto our Engineering team for inspection.
Despite so many negatives, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Aji Spa and that you had some pleasant notes about your time spent at the pool!
On behalf of my fellow associates, I would like to sincerely apologize for not reaching or exceeding your expectations while staying with us. We truly hope that you change your mind and visit us again; giving us a chance to showcase our restaurants and service that we take pride in. It is reviews like yours that allow the greatest opportunities of growth. So again, we humbly thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Restaurants and Bars Manager
Farmington, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Very small rooms for the price. We have stayed in many luxury hotels around the world. This was not one of them. We ordered in room breakfast the first morning between 6:30 and 6:45. It never showed up. The ice machine on our floor was out of ice the entire 4 days stay. When we called the front desk to complain about both issues they didn't seem to care.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We are sad to hear about your disappointment with your recent stay. We do appreciate you taking your time to provide us with feedback though. We can only grow from knowing about our shortfalls. I am sorry that our oversight of these details resulted in a negative experience for you and I can assure you we have addressed this concern with our In Room Dining team. Additionally, we never try to come off as inconsiderate of our guests. We appreciate all feedback from guests and I apologize that your dealings with our Front Desk did not seem considerate. We pride ourselves for providing memorable experiences and hate to leave a bad impression. I do hope if you ever venture back to Arizona that you allow us the opportunity to change your mind about our resort. Once again thank you for taking your time to give us feedback.
Director of Restaurants & Bars
Salamanca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here 6 nights with the pay your age rate. What a great deal! We also got a free room upgrade by joining their Sheraton rewards club. I have stayed at other resorts that were just as nice, but this is the friendliest 5 star resort I've ever been to. Everyone, without exception, was helpful, friendly, and pleasant. Linda at the reception desk, the young men at the poolside cafe, the Starbucks workers, the valet parking guys, the gift shop workers... on and on. Everyone says hello, people are willing to talk to you, and they all seem to really enjoy working there. Our room was a nice sized room, beds are great, nice tv, big channel selection... our patio opened on to a beautiful view of the path and foliage, which was well maintained. The bathrooms are huge with super garden tubs. Towels are fluffy and big. What else can I say? We had an AWESOME time. The Easter egg hunt and activities were WELL WORTH the ten dollars. There was an egg hunt, bouncy slide, cookie decorating, a juice/water/snack bar for everyone... just a fun time. The boat ride to the western town was peaceful. The people we had running the boats were friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The resort is huge. If you're not prepared to do a lot of walking, you need to choose your room carefully. I used the exercise area of the spa every day we were there. It's clean and air conditioned. One problem I had there was there is a sign for no children, yet on two occasions there were young children in there. There were some kids using the equipment, and they were unsupervised. I wish they had monitored people going in and out of there. Other then that, it's a really nice area. There is a walking trail that goes down through the golf courses that's well worth the walk. Nicely maintained.
The pools are great, although the chairs are really too crowded together. The only problem at the pool is the water slide is not monitored and it is heavily abused by children and their parents. Some of the parents behaved worse than the kids on it, such as trying to climb up it and trying to stand up going down. It is a fun slide when there's not a crowd all trying to go down at once.
The food is excellent, yes, the reviews are correct, the service is slow. Really slow.
I'm not sure about the prices, in that I was charged three different prices for a berry smoothie. Only once was I charged what was on the menu. So that was kind of odd. I was even charged two different prices in the same day. The menu said $6. I was charged $6 one time, then anywhere from $7 to $9.
The hotel is within a couple miles to a nice outlet store shopping plaza, a couple miles to the casino, and a couple miles right to the expressway. You can walk, drive, or take the boat to Rawhide.
I would absolutely love to stay at this hotel again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a lower room with a patio, this is the easiest access to the pool, spa, etc. If you're ther...
Green Features: I opted for the 'green' package and a week later have yet to get my points...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
SHeckathorne, Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and met so many friendly staff members. We value your new membership to our Starwood Preferred Guest program and are glad you enjoyed your upgraded room. We take great pride in the cleanliness and maintenance of our resort and are pleased to hear it was noticed. With so many amenities on and off property, we are delighted to hear you took advantage of the Interruptive Trail, boat ride to Rawhide and especially all the Easter activities.

Our Chef’s take great pride in their food menus and presentation; however, I will certainly pass on the service expectations to the staff so we can improve in this area as well as accurate pricing and charges. I can report that we are looking into ways to monitor the slide and Sheraton Fitness center to make sure all guests enjoy their experience.

I also realize how a lot of small defects such as the pool chairs stationed too close together or not receiving your Make A Green Choice points could play a negative role in your resort experience. It is our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations and learn from areas of opportunity. Please note your feedback is being used as a training opportunity for our team. I will get with the Front Desk team to ensure your points are credited.

Again, we truly appreciate your time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We look forward to your next stay!

Restaurants and Bars Management
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We took a break from the grandparents and stayed here one night while in Phoenix for a week. It was nice, and I liked it, but the main pools are only 3 feet deep which in the AZ heat makes them feel like a bathtub. I didn't enjoy them. The deeper pool was better, but again awfully warm and had lots of flies around it, I am assuming from the nearby pond. The hotel itself is beautiful, staff very nice and it was super relaxing. I guess I am just funny-when it is 90 degress outside I like a cool pool.

Room Tip: I was disapointed that my room did not have a fridge.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our resort and thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. I apologize for our pool’s water temperature failing to meet your expectations. We try to regulate our pool temperatures to the best of our availability depending on weather conditions. However, the shallow pools are more sensitive to temperature changes and with temperatures transitioning from spring into summer we are trying our best to find a perfect medium between our overnight lows and daytime highs. We will take this feedback seriously and have a much stronger, proactive approach to providing an acceptable water temperature in the future. We hope to see you in the future and provide a much better pool experience.
Hotel Management
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We truly enjoyed our visit. We will definitely return. The service was first-rate throughout the property. The exact opposite of the casino hotel near-by, which is horrible. In addition the property is clean and surrounded by numerous activities. Golf, Rawhide, horseback riding, Bondurant driving school are a few that come to mind. But first and foremost is the spa on-property. It is a must visit. Personal or business --both are perfectly handled at the Sheraton Wild Horse.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We are delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your visit to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. We have a very special location with incredible recreation options, a wonderful spa and we appreciate you sharing that with your fellow travelers. We take great pride in our customer service and are genuinely pleased to know that you will be returning.
Aji Spa Manager

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!