“Not where we originally booked, but a pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 27 hotels in Chandler
Bothell, Washington
“Not where we originally booked, but a pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My father and I visited Phoenix for Spring Training. Our original hotel ended up being over booked. Expedia found this hotel for us. The room was a fairly standard hotel room with a passable HDTV. The beds were extremely comfortable. The amenities outside the room looked nice, but we were did not utilize them much as we were there for baseball. I did spend some time at the pools and they were very nice. This resort would be really nice for a couples getaway, not a baseball trip with your father. Would've preferred our original accommodations, but would consider this resort for a romantic get away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that you were happy with your room and enjoyed the time you had out at the pool. We hope you will come visit our resort again soon to fully enjoy the many wonderful amenities our resort has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

1,042 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Decided to stay at this property as we attend Spring Training games in Scottsdale, but the Scottsdale Road hotels were either booked or outrageously priced. Liked the look and the price of this property, even though it was a little out of the way.

Needless to say, this hotel is beautiful inside and out. The property itself is beautiful, expansive and well maintained. The rooms are standard size, but have balconies/walkouts. The pool area is resort style in both size and bar service. Looked like there were plenty of activities for kids as well. One of the cool features is a free boat taxi that takes you from the hotel to the Rawhide Restaurant (a huge western town/restaurant).

I would say this property meets the true definition of a "resort", all at a reasonable price per night. You are looking at half the price than the hotels on Scottsdale Road with the same, if not more, amenities. Of course the only thing is Chandler is a little out of the way, but all in all it was only 30 minutes to get to the Scottsdale spring training facilities so really it is not that big of a deal.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room with views of the mountains/pool.
Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback, we are always looking for areas to improve and exceed our guests' expectations. We are happy to hear you thought highly of our resort and were able to enjoy many of the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We spent a few days here....and really enjoyed everything...and all the staff members from Linda the wonderful lady who checked us in, the very sweet lady who shuttled us to and from the wild west on the boat to Nate the security man who came to unlock our room safe for us.

There was plenty of room to cool off in the pools...your own private balcony with bistro set to sit and view your surroundings, BEAUTIFUL grounds to explore, trails to walk, a WONDERFUL five minute boat shuttle that will take you to and from another part of the resort that held a wild west town and a fun filled and good Steakhouse called The Rawhide. Everyone (the actors) all greeted us, smiled.....all in the "old wild west twang".

We didn't get a chance to eat at the famous Kai resteraunt, however, we did eat at Ko'Sin's for a WONDERFUL breakfast buffet......no waiting, great service.....DELICIOUS food! Would highly recommend.

We went over to the spa area, very, very nice if you don't mind paying a little on the premium side.

My husband and I play golf and looked at different sites on the internet for tee times and noticed that their resort course was listed. The only drawback of the whole trip was the resort golf course did not offer any discount to those staying at the resort. We would have definately played it if they would have worked with us a little....there were MANY tee times available. However, the gentleman on the other end of the phone was almost rude. I would definately suggest they offer a discounted fee to their resort guests above and beyond what a normal person would be able to book.

The only other drawback was the rooms are not very soundproof....we had little ones in the room next to us and we could hear everything.....the good thing was, they didn't start running their little feet until 7:30 am.

All in all.....we really enjoyed ourselves....and would definately return!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our property! Associates are the heart and soul of a great property, and we have the biggest and best.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed so many different aspects of our resort and almost every one of them exceeded your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully you have time to enjoy Kai!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We recently stayed at this property for a total of 4 nights. Our party was my wife, myself and two children 12 and 16 included.

First the positives.
Much of this resort is very nice. The long drive in to the actual resort (almost 2 miles) offers a great view of the grounds and surrounding mountains. The check in and move in to room by bell staff was handled well we felt the view from the lobby as you check in and the surrounding area was fantastic. Room was about what you would expect, very clean and comfortable. All looks categories are checked off, it's a winner on that level.

Kai Restaurant. This place was just amazing to my wife and I, who enjoyed a dinner that was well beyond what we would usually spend on night out. But i have to say it was worth every penny! The reputation is well deserved and if you come here to Wild Horse Pass, and even if you don't stay here, you really need to do it! The presentation and food was top shelf all the way. You will be bragging to your friends about this experience.

Aji spa was all positive, very solid gym for a hotel, and we didn't partake in spa services.

Next up the mixed bag parts.
I played golf at adjacent Whirlwind Golf Course, and it was very nice and impeccably maintained. Recommend playing there, and getting your tee time online. (They offer no tee time deals for staying at resort, Which makes no sense at all to me. Tee times are up to 160 dollars, and I got mine online for $80 to same course, same tee time was double direct from Whirlwind. I ask management if someone is spending all that money at your resort at least give them a decent rate instead of published rate at price no local pays, so why should i when i am spending 1000s at your resort?)
The pool area was our main area to hang out in and was fun. As others have mentioned, only one pool is heated and the others were very cold, no reason for this to happen. Just heat them all. Waterslide was good times we all agreed. I felt the service was great at the bar directly, but not as great from 3 out of 4 days at poolside. There are just kids working there, but this needs a bit of polish and could make that experience much better! The activities at pool are very young child (5-10) based (and there were a ton of them). Felt like my two were kind of stuck in between the nice adult things and the kiddie stuff and kind of bored often.
Wifi and phones and internet in general (except for the resorts nice computer area which seemed to have normal faster internet) was not good. I have seen multiple mentions of this and kind of laughed when i read them thinking it was kind of petty thing to complain about. Well my turn now to say it is not good to the point of hurting the experience of being there! It's that bad. Phone reception is bad also, I have Verizon and rest are on ATT. All were very bad, not sure if its the structure, or the distance from rest of civilization that makes it hard to get any of this working well. This also was not helpful to my connected 12 and 16 year olds!

Ko-Sin. The entire experience at this restaurant was the complete opposite of Kai! I was told i needed a reservation when the restaurant was half empty. OK no problem, came back at agreed time, and pretty much downhill from the point the nice hostess sat us at our table. (next to 3 empty tables) After order was taken, drinks and a flat bread and hummus came out, which was pretty interesting and good. Then we had no contact with our waiter for close to 40 minutes. At first lost in talking and laughing I didn't pay much attention, but it got to the point that it became very annoying, our waiter would come out the area we were in, never once making eye contact or asking if we needed anything, and we did as all of our drinks were pretty much empty for a while. Order was nothing special, Filet Mignon and Salmon for wife, kids got what seemed extremely basic. Burger and mac and cheese. It took about an hour to deliver to table, with half full restaurant. Once we got it, the results were below average. And sadly the best of the bunch was my kids mac and cheese with chicken and pretzel crust! Possibly that fun food might be better fit for the chef/staff there, and not average attempts at better fare. And honestly a more modest priced option with fun/upbeat theme, would be a better use of the space. Overall very disappointing and knocks a full rating point. We spent same amount of time almost as Kai and with zero service vs the amazing presentation upstairs. I really wanted to say something there, but teen was afraid of me embarrassing her, so I held off.

Overall, I am not certain I would come back again, it is a very nice property with some great amenities. Having a family and kids along with us, there is certainly a gap for 12-18 yr olds activities.
Wild Horse Pass property feels very much like a great try, but keeps missing on several key levels.

Dear Guest,
First and foremost, we greatly appreciate the time you have spent to provide us with your feedback following your stay. We are very happy to see you share the appreciation that we do for the beautiful surroundings we have. Additionally, we are very happy to see that you had the opportunity to enjoy Kai restaurant and the gym at Aji Spa. As far as your other resort experiences go, we are very sorry to hear about the continued frustrations you encountered. I would like to clarify, Whirlwind is managed independently and, while we maintain a great relationship, there are some amenities we don’t have the pleasure of assisting with.
Regarding the remainder of your restaurant and bar experiences, I am terribly sorry for the lack of attention you received. We pride ourselves in our service standards and the experiences we provide and that is distant from the experience you received. We will be taking this feedback and sharing it with our teams as an opportunity to prevent this from happening to any other guests. We will also be sharing your feedback with our culinary team so we may address our plates as necessary.
Again, we hope that you understand some of your experiences are not typical of our standards and we only hope to exceed expectations. We would look forward to the opportunity for you to visit again and show you that we are a great vacation spot for your family.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Got to the hotel which is situated on a huge piece of property. It was a typical Arizona resort, spread out. The service was very good and letting us stay a couple extra hours when leaving without a problem was good too. Only had breakfast at the hotel which was plentiful. The gym was fine for a hotel. We never used the spa. There were three huge pools available, only one was heated which was actually chilly. The other two weren't heated and were freezing. So the one heated pool was very crowed while the other two stayed empty.
Recommendations for restaurants and things to do outside the hotel were right on. The only negative was the horseback riding. The cost was $65 and for an hour and a half we rode around in one huge circle seeing nothing of interest except for constant dust. I totally recommend anyone to NOT do the horseback riding. We've done the same in other areas of AZ. And had a great experience, this was not one to take.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am most pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. We embrace the variety of amenities we have to offer our guests and it saddens me to hear you were unable to take pleasure in all of them. I would like to express my apologies in regards to your experience at the pool as well as inform you that I have connected with the associated departments to ensure that all of our future guests may comfortably enjoy fun in the sun. It is almost disappointing to learn that you did not find the Koli Equestrian Center to be up to par and although they are operated independently I will be most happy to pass the feedback along to the proper area. Thank you for setting aside the time to outline areas of opportunity for our resort ,we would love to have you back so you may enjoy our improvements personally.
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This resort is set outside the hustle and bustle of Phoenix. Sheraton quality with local indian flare. Grounds ard beautiful, close to casino. Pool towels were not available to us on a Friday night.....when we needed them. Asked a restaurant worker for some, never came. Gave me points for no remote in room, that was good (Starwood Preferred). Raw burger at the poolside bbq...sent it back got a brat instead was charged for it should have been free. That needs improvement. Buffet breakfast in the morning was great for $15 each. Check out could have cared less about the bbq mischarges the night before. Would stay here again in spite of the missteps we encountered. Nice place!

Room Tip: Get a ground level room with a walk out patio..nice!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and opportunity to enhance the guest experience.
I am disappointed to hear that your visit was not perfect and we did not meet your expectations. I can report that we ordered and received 900 new pool towels just this last week. I understand we missed the opportunity to provide them during your stay but we have learned from our timing mistake. I also realize how a lot of small defects such as not having a remote in your room or the preparation of food poolside could play a negative role in your resort experience. It is our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations and learn from areas of opportunity. Please note your feedback is being used as a training opportunity for our team.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Ko’Sin breakfast buffet and the location of our beautiful property. We look forward to your next stay and a chance to showcase the service levels we strive for. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Sheraton is a beaufitul property but the service is horrible. We had billing problems at the pool, restaurant, and at checkout. It was a constant waiting game to correct the kids eat free meals and then sign the updated copy of the receipt. On average we waited 30 minutes for each check and then another 15 minutes for the corrected receipt. The last day we waited 2 hours for the pool check and it wasn't busy. The second problem was the service at the pool was very very slow. The food would be delivered an hour or more after placing the order and it wasn't busy. The pool was not heated like the front desk and staff say. We are from cold Colorado so any water above 80 would be HOT. There are 3 pools, 1 waterslide, and 2 hottubs so there is plenty of space to swim. The pool was beautiful and so were the grounds. We rode the boat ride to the tourist trap called Rawhide. The boat ride was fun for the kids and was a great afternoon activity. The boat only operates Wednesday-Sunday from 2-9pm. Checkout was a pain and credits that were supposed to be on the bill were not and our daily rate was wrong by $60. I had to prove my rate via my email conf because they needed proof that my rate was a certain rate, which I understand but couldn't explain my it was a different rate all together. At the end, it was fixed and we left there thinking that people need to be warned to make sure to keep track of their bills and check the rate. I would stay here again for the pool and views. The rooms were very nice and so were the beds. The patio was nice to sit out on at night to listen and watch the wildlife. We had an enjoyable spring break but I felt a lot of time was consumed at the front desk correcting mistakes and at check out correcting items that should already to taken care of. I also received a bill a day after checking out stating that I had a mini bar charge, which is wrong. We didn't even have the key to the minibar and only drank the coffee in the room, which was complimentary. So that was another thing that just didn't seem right. Also, the hotel property is very far away from any places to eat and shop. It is at the southern tip of the Phoenix Metro area. It was nice to get away from everything but a car is a MUST and driving a lot is to be expected.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for connecting with us regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa. I apologize you experienced delays in service at the pool and the amount of time correcting billing issues throughout your stay. We will be reviewing your comments in hopes of improving our guests experiences. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the the near future.
Hotel Management

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!