“Remote & Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Chicago, Illinois
“Remote & Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The views from the lobby are amazing - watching the sunset over the pool is breath-taking. The drive in is long and winding and as long as you believe that you will find the hotel at the end of the road can be very tranquil...and yes, there is a hotel at the end of the road.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend much time around the hotel to enjoy the spa or the golfing (I'm a pretty bad golfer), but I did make it to the pool before sunset after the hike from my hotel room to the core of the property. Be forewarned, this is a massive property, you can easily get lost (though there is plenty of signage) but the other guests you run into equally as lost help you along your way whether you're headed to you room, one of the many restaurants on property or the pool deck.

My room was spacious and themed with the local decor. Nothing extraordinarily special and nothing particularly wrong - your typical Sheraton room with a Southwest motif.

All in all the next time I'm in the Phoenix area, I think I'll stay closer into the city, but the hotel property entrance is right off of the freeway making it easy to get to and from various Phoenix-area locations.

Room Tip: I believe a room with a lower number will get you closer to the core (lobby-area) of the hotel - try...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to share details of your experience with future guests. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our setting and scenery. It sounds like you also enjoyed our guest rooms. We hope to have you back so that you may experience more of our resort, spa and golf offerings. Be well and we will see you again soon.

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
akron, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I spent the weekend at a conference at the Wild Horse Pass. The resort is a newer property, very nice with great amenities and excellent service. Our room was on the second level with a nice balcony siiting area. We were able to watch the sun come while enjoying a cup of coffee each day. The resort has a great pool with very warm Jacuzzi's outside. A shuttle is available to the casino located about a mile away. I would not recommend walking to the casino, especially at night. I was very pleased with the venue & I will stay here in the future should I return to the Phoenix area for any reason. One added plus the western themed Rawhide attraction is located adjacent to the grounds of the resort.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room with a balcony to watch the sun come up.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and kind words, as gestures like yours are the reason our staff goes above and beyond for each and every one of our guests. We are thrilled to have gained your loyalty and we are excited to become your new home away from home here in the Valley. I am glad to learn you were able to experience multiple attractions while staying with us, including the casino and Rawhide. It seems to me that a visit to the nearby Whirlwind golf course should be on the list for your next visit. Thank you again for sharing such excellent feedback and we anticipate your return with open arms.

Guest Services Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Was here for a business meeting, Rooms a clean and comfortable. The Hotel is set pretty far South of Phoenix, this is good news and bad news. The good news is that is a very scenic setting. Lots of outdoor venues, walking paths, etc. The bad news is that you have a long way to go should you want to shop or dine off premise. Outside of rush hour ii is a good 15-20 minute drive to the closest shopping or dining.

The internet access is very spotty and unreliable. Surprising for a modern hotel. One cannot count on it except for the most basic tasks like email

Room Tip: The hotel is a long sprawling building - be sure to know where your room is relative to the central...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. As IT Manager I hear your concerns and am sorry that your connectivity was not reliable during your stay. We have recently surveyed our entire property and are investing in making sure that we will provide excellent coverage throughout our resort. We hope to have you back soon to exceed your expectations.
IT Manager
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed at the hotel in Jan 2014 as an attendee of a large conference. I had to help set up a booth, and the staff, including the event coordinator and even the gift shop clerk went way out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed. The hotel had the friendliest staff I've seen (and I have done a fair amount of business traveling at nice hotels like the St. Regis, etc.) except maybe at the Hotel Grand Del Mar.

Room Tip: A view overlooking the river running through the resort would be good. Sorry, I've forgotten my...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Our staff aims to deliver memorable service and to connect with each guest during their stay. We are thrilled to learn that we seemed to accomplish these goals during your time with us! We hope you will visit us again in the near future.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

For the last several years my company has held their annual sales conference at this resort. The service is great, rooms always very nice and the American Indian theme is pretty cool too. My only complaint is that the layout of the rooms can make for a long walk if given a room at the end of the building. Always request a room near the elevators / lobby. The conference area is nice, but like most places the chairs are uncomfortable after awhile. Overall I still rate this place very high. Although, I cannot speak to some of the amenities such as on site activities for pleasure. There is a car rental service on site, very convenient. And the room service food is great too.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We look forward to our returning guests each and every year. We are so proud that we have been able to host your sales conference and that you enjoy your stay with us each and every year. We look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The scenery at the Hotel was just amazing. The staff greatest us very kindly and showed is to our room. Defiantly going to check back here often whenever I visit Phoenix. Also, the room was well kept. Only downside is that the self-park was a little far from the main entrance, but who am I kidding? That's a silly complaint. Go Sheraton!

Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,
It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on our landscape and vibe we portray around the resort. I do apologize for our parking lot locations and hope they did not cause any major issues for you during your stay. We can understand how much of a hassle they can be at times. We look forward to your next visit and hope we can continue creating lasting memories for you.
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Nice hotel but with a couple of very broken parts.

Had issue with service in restaurant and supervisor simply shrugged shoulders when spoken to. Called customer service who is acting MOD - MariaM.

Other than lying over a couple of things which she then ultimately acknowledged as her error and being generally unhelpful - she refused on phone to provide the name of her manager, this is not what one would expect or hope for at a resort that believes it is offering something superior.

When I went to lobby she brought out the card of her manager but claimed he could do no more than her. I asked if he was GM which she flip flopped on. She offered me $8 refund for breakfast which I did not request. As i had not made any demand the comment that this was all they would do was inappropriate and premature at best. Tone was poor. Attitude was awful.

Great location but service issues remain. I will take this up with FO Manager (only name I could get despite asking for F&B manager) and will post update.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We know that this post was written before many of the corrective steps taken by our leadership team were enacted. No guest should feel disregarded and we are sorry that your breakfast experience was anything less than perfect. We are glad that we were ultimately able to converse with you and learn our areas of opportunity through your eyes. We have discussed take away items with all involved. Thank you for your stay and we hope to have the chance to make your next one far superior.
PR Director

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!