“PERFECT STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 27 hotels in Chandler
Toronto
“PERFECT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is one place where the resort DOES look like the photos. I will start from literally the beginning....The winding drive to the resort is beautifully landscaped and immaculate...the lobby and public areas were lovely with spectacular views of the property and mountains...staff were super friendly and helpful...our "standard" room was very clean and spacious with a good sized balcony overlooking the pool area, desert and mountains. The rooms were quiet too - I am a very light sleeper and it drives me crazy when I can hear people in the next room but I heard nothing besides the interior doors closing. The pools and surrounding areas were very spacious with loads of lounge chairs. Unfortunately, due to the cooler weather last week we only sat out a few times but did enjoy the outdoor patio for lunch - again the staff there were super friendly and efficient. Any meals we had were great and I also think that for a 4/5 star resort the prices were pretty decent. For me, my favourite feature about this resort is the location. It is only about 20-25 minutes from the airport but as it is on Indian Reservation land surrounded by desert and a golf course it was a little more secluded then resorts near Scottsdale for example. We really felt we were away from the craziness of everyday life which is exactly what we were after. Having said all that, it is only a 10 minute drive to loads of shops and restaurants and the casino is 5 minutes away.
We got up every morning and walked the 2.5 mile trail along a creek which was lovely and we were fortunate to see different wildlife en route.
The property spa - AJI - was fabulous. An Oasis in what was already an Oasis. Highly recommended - again facilities, treatment and staff superb.
Do try the Sunday brunch - a great selection of items and many with a new twist - loved the house made Salsa.
And...for those who have a sense of adventure and a car....drive down to Baseline Road (south of property?) which runs into a more active part of the Indian Reservation. I just happened to cruise through and saw a sign for "Fry Bread" at what is literally a shack called "The Owl House" and thought "why not?". They make Tacos etc. using the Fry bread which is based on an old Pima Indian recipe. It was great and definitely won't be in Fodor's - love that kind of stuff.
One last thing but definitely the cherry on top...no "hic-cups"...not one in terms of incorrect billings, reservations, order mix-ups, wait times etc. While not the end of the world when they do happen - more just an irritant - without them, it really makes for the "perfect stay".
I would definitely come back and am planning on doing so next time we visit Arizona with my family.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the mountains.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words and vivid description of our resort! We embrace our culture and strive to ensure that our guests are immersed in it. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed not just your room, our restaurants, our spa but our staff as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort and hopefully can get you a little warmer weather when you return!

Reservations Manager

1,041 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Sonoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

A was amazed at the beautiful setting of this wonderful Resort. Situated in the Sonoran Desert this resort offered a modern and well appointed hotel inspired in design by the desert surrounding.

The resort offered a series of beautiful pools, a desert nature walk with a fabulous creek and water way system. This water system attracted many local birds, turtles, squirrels and coyotes. The trail system
Also had a wonderful equestrian trail for horse back riding. Although I did not use the Golf Course, it's setting against the desert and nearby mountains was beautiful. I particularly enjoyed the beautiful clubhouse and well appointed spa.

I was fortunate enough to stay at the Presidential Suite in the Pima Wing, 4th Floor. The suite was absolutely gorgeous, offering two bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, den, kitchen and fireplace. The spa tub was gorgeous.

My only complaints is that the wings of the hotel wings are extremely long. If you are at the ends if these wings it's a big trek to go back and forth to the lobby, bar, pool and amenities. The Internet access was limited and sporadic, but the hotel staff fixed this on the second day of our trip.

I would recommend this resort to others.

• Stayed February 2014
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about our property. We truly appreciate your kind words. We are more than happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated Presidential Suite. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful desert scenery that surrounds the resort. It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of the resort’s amenities during your stay. We take a great deal of pride in the efficiency of our staff and are happy to hear your internet problem was quickly resolved. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Shakopee, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This resort was very nice and met our expectations of a five star resort. We had a short stay here for my husbands birthday but will return if revisiting the area. The pool was great, eat at the bar pool as it has great food and great service (reasonable prices too). On our last day, we went to the spa and I am not sure we have received a massage like I did ever in my life. My husband and I always get a couples massage every trip we take, which is about three times per year and we were both blown away by amazement, the fastest 50 minutes.

Stayed January 2014
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so thrilled to hear about the great time you had during your recent visit. It sounds like it was a time of complete relaxation. Thank you for sharing your high praise of our Aji Spa. We sincerely hope that the peace and rest it afforded you stays with you throughout the year. We hope to host you again in the near future.

niagarafallsny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We did not stay at the hotel but just went for a pampered day of luxury. My siblings, 5 women and 1 man enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and the gentle handling of the staff at the spa. Every employee treated us well and were very professional. You can tell they love their work and helping others feel better. Our hardest time was the whisper areas, we are a loud family who had to control ourselves but it was a wonderful experience. The lunch and the pool and the sauna and the steam room and the facials and the massages and the wraps, I could go on and on, it was all wonderful!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
SHeckathorne, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Aji. It is truly heartwarming to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your treatments and the spa facilities. Our spa associates take great pride and passion in providing warm and intuitive service and so it is extremely rewarding to be able to share this feedback them. We look forward to seeing you all again on your next visit.

Sincerley,

Spa Manager
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I spend two nights here as part of a conference. Rooms are good with windows that open, bed spacious and choice of pillows. The shower water pressure was not adaptable, so it cam out quiet hard which doesn't do water saving much good.

Conference facilities such as room, catering all very good except for the speed of the wifi in the room and conference centre was too slow.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry to hear that the wifi connectivity was less than ideal. We understand the importance of staying connected. While troubleshooting your connection at this time is not possible, we continually monitor our network and are considering ways to improve connectivity throughout the entire resort. We hope to exceed your expectations the next time you're in town.

IT Manager
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We held a work event using the conference facilities here for 6 days. The rooms, conference rooms, restaurants, site facilities, nearby conveniences and proximity to the airport were all good. The conference complex is enormous, modern and I cannot say enough good things about the banquet staff and food quality. We especially appreciated how the conference facilities opened to a courtyard with a river. Our participants were very pleased with the facility and resort.
The one thing that was a concern was the internet service throughout the facility. While they system had good bandwidth, I have two concerns: 1) the system is divided between lobby, conference facility, rooms and spa. When moving from one zone to another, users need to sign in again, and 2) there are separate costs for each zone. The lobby is free, the rooms are $12+ per day per device, the conference facility is $75 per connection per day. This high quality facility could do much better, especially considering we all bring multiple devices and move throughout the facility. Guests paying for room internet should have access across the facility.

Room Tip: Nearer to the lobby, facing the pool. It is a long walk out to the perimeter rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Director of IT at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear John,

Please allow me a minute to address your concerns. Our network was created with our guests' many different needs in mind. Our conference guests often require personalized configurations, while the Aji Spa guests are often local residents not staying at the resort. Regarding your in room guest charges, let me apologize if you received misinformation. The $12.95 charge is for 3 devices. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our resort and thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.

Resort IT Manager
Poulsbo, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here again for Xmas second time in two years. We love the property. It is very spread out and one wing is near the spa/gym so we always stay on that side. The golf course food is amazing! Can't beat the price and the taste! It's really delicious. It's a short walk from the Sheraton. They have outdoor seating and we sat out there with our furbaby. It was a bit chilly.
I had three spa treatments while I was there and I loved the facial! The one girl at the spa (manager) had a snotty attitude.
While the grounds are beautiful, I have to say that the rooms are in need of a remodel. It's not bad by any means, but it's just looking a little worn. They don't give you a sheet to put over your comforter and they don't have fridges in the room. The pod of coffee they give you is ridiculously large for one cup of coffee that makes it so strong. By the third use of the pod, it's finally at a tolerable caffeine level that for me is drinkable.
The views at this property are amazing anywhere you look. We just love it there. I gave it four stars for the room not being quite new. I drove over to the casino but they have a shuttle. Nice casino!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share details of your recent experience. We are honored to have hosted you for the holidays two years in a row. It sounds like you enjoyed many of our world-class amenities including the spa and Interpretive Trail. I did want to share with you that we just underwent a large scale rooms remodel. We look forward to hearing your thoughts the next time you visit. We hope to see you again soon.

PR Director

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!