This is one place where the resort DOES look like the photos. I will start from literally the beginning....The winding drive to the resort is beautifully landscaped and immaculate...the lobby and public areas were lovely with spectacular views of the property and mountains...staff were super friendly and helpful...our "standard" room was very clean and spacious with a good sized balcony overlooking the pool area, desert and mountains. The rooms were quiet too - I am a very light sleeper and it drives me crazy when I can hear people in the next room but I heard nothing besides the interior doors closing. The pools and surrounding areas were very spacious with loads of lounge chairs. Unfortunately, due to the cooler weather last week we only sat out a few times but did enjoy the outdoor patio for lunch - again the staff there were super friendly and efficient. Any meals we had were great and I also think that for a 4/5 star resort the prices were pretty decent. For me, my favourite feature about this resort is the location. It is only about 20-25 minutes from the airport but as it is on Indian Reservation land surrounded by desert and a golf course it was a little more secluded then resorts near Scottsdale for example. We really felt we were away from the craziness of everyday life which is exactly what we were after. Having said all that, it is only a 10 minute drive to loads of shops and restaurants and the casino is 5 minutes away.
We got up every morning and walked the 2.5 mile trail along a creek which was lovely and we were fortunate to see different wildlife en route.
The property spa - AJI - was fabulous. An Oasis in what was already an Oasis. Highly recommended - again facilities, treatment and staff superb.
Do try the Sunday brunch - a great selection of items and many with a new twist - loved the house made Salsa.
And...for those who have a sense of adventure and a car....drive down to Baseline Road (south of property?) which runs into a more active part of the Indian Reservation. I just happened to cruise through and saw a sign for "Fry Bread" at what is literally a shack called "The Owl House" and thought "why not?". They make Tacos etc. using the Fry bread which is based on an old Pima Indian recipe. It was great and definitely won't be in Fodor's - love that kind of stuff.
One last thing but definitely the cherry on top...no "hic-cups"...not one in terms of incorrect billings, reservations, order mix-ups, wait times etc. While not the end of the world when they do happen - more just an irritant - without them, it really makes for the "perfect stay".
I would definitely come back and am planning on doing so next time we visit Arizona with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa is located in the Sonoran Desert on an expanse of rugged Arizona landscape where the ancient vistas, mountains, and roaming wild horses remain untouched. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Starwood, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Hotel Chandler
- Sheraton Chandler
- Chandler Sheraton
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort And Spa