“Beautiful property, very caring and attentive staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 27 hotels in Chandler
New York, New York
“Beautiful property, very caring and attentive staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I visited this resort for a three-day conference and absolutely loved it. I did not want to leave. From the minute I checked in, the staff were very friendly and helpful and really seemed to care about the guests. The swimming pools and jacuzzis are just beautiful - very distracting to me while attending a business conference. They weren't very crowded while I was there but I imagine they get crowded on weekends with families. The scenary around the place is just beautiful and there are some great running trails too! The gym is great, high quality machinery that seems to be well-maintained (can't say the same thing with other properties). The restaurants and bars on property are good but somewhat pricey - however, there is a free shuttle that goes over to another casino hotel where there is a food court and other restaurant choices.

Rooms are incredibly well cleaned and beautiful decorated, the bed had one of the thickest mattresses I ever slept on, and the bathroom had a shower that was separate from the huge bathtub (living on the more space-efficient and crowded east coast, I must say this was a pleasant surprise!). Every room, as far as could tell, has either a patio or balcony so you can enjoy the morning sunrise or evening sunset. I couldn't have been more comfortable. I really did not want to leave.

A few things to bear in mind though -

1. This is out in the middle of the desert. Cell phone service and wifi internet signals can be very weak most of the time. Yet they still charge $12.95/day for internet service, rather excessive given the strength of the signal and the fact that there was no hard wire connection available in my room (I was told they couldn't fix while I was there). Service is stronger out in the lobby but of course you won't be in the comfort and privacy of your own room.

2. If you are staying here and don't have a car, you are pretty much trapped on the property, other than taking the free shuttle that goes over to the nearby casino hotel, where there are other restaurants, a nightclub and shows. SuperShuttle does go to and from the airport and is the least expensive option for airport transfers ($22), calling on a taxi will run you around $40.

Hopefully I'll be back sometime for a vacation and nothing else!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you had such an amazing experience at the resort. I understand that the location of the resort is secluded from the city and isn’t the best convenience for guests who are without a car. We try to make up for that with our complimentary shuttle service that can take you to our Spa, Golf Course, the Wild Horse Pass Casino and Hotel as well as the New Premium Outlet Mall, so that you don’t feel you are limited to just our hotel for activities or dining options. I do apologize for the internet issue you experienced during your stay with us. We are actually in the process of working on our internet signal for the resort. Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to your next visit to the Resort.

Resort Management

1,042 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was at this hotel for a business trip. The lobby/central area is really beautiful, with a lot of Native American artwork and artifacts. The property is in great shape, and has very nice landscaping. I received a Starwood Preferred Guest room, just to let you know.

Like some other resorts, things are kind of spread out. I had to walk down a couple of long hallways to get to my room. The room had nice amenities, including a glass-enclosed shower stall and a full size bathtub. However, it seemed to take 2-3 minutes for the water to get hot for my shower (a lot of water wasted, unfortunately). Once it got hot, the water pressure was very good.

All of the appliances (TV, radio) worked well.

The fitness center was very nice and open from 5 AM to 10 PM. However, it was in a separate building, and you have to walk about 1/3 to 1/2 mile to get to the building. It was about 50-55 degrees when I went early in the morning (in late October). So I was kind of cold in my t-shirt and shorts. You have to follow the signs, and at one point there was a fork, and luckily I took the correct path.

The meeting room area and terrace and patios are very nice.

On my last day, I had to catch an early flight out of Phoenix (6:45 AM) to go back East. I called the front desk and asked for a cab to pick me up around 4:45 AM. So when I got there, I found out that they called a more expensive car service. No cabs in sight. I was not happy, but cabs don't hang out at the hotel at all times (especially at 4:45 AM), so I didn't have a choice and paid the much higher fee. I would suggest arranging your own cab.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. We take great pride in our amenities and our guest bathrooms are one of great pride. We apologize for you experience with the hot water taking a little longer than normally expected. We do understand the importance of getting a nice hot shower when traveling on business. We look forward to your next visit to the resort.

Engineering Coordinator
Lunenburg, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We enjoyed our 3 night stay at this beautiful hotel. This Sheraton has an incredible location just about 25 minutes from the airport in Phoenix. It over looks the Sonoran Desert....it is quiet and comfortable. The pool...or should I say pools....are great. It also features a cool water slide that is a blast for both kids and us adults. They have a friendly staff at the pool side restaurant/bar. Getting a drink at your lounge chair can be a bit of a challenge so remember that if you're in a hurry for a drink or snack. The room was clean and very nicely appointed. The A/C could have been colder...just run the fan on high instead of "auto". This is a huge property....I would recommend walking/running the "Interpretive Trial"....very cool 2.5 mile loop through the desert.

Room Tip: Lobby is on the 3rd floor....ask for upper levels for the best view of the desert/mountains
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you had such a great experience at the resort. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room and that you were able to relax and have some fun at our pool. We understand that you have many hotel options and we are honored and truly appreciate that you chose our resort as your vacation destination. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Purchasing Manager
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed at this resort twice now for conventions- both times being a disappointment. The location is beautiful, but the staff and management misses the bigger picture. It is nearly impossible to conduct business there as wireless service is spotty at best. Phones (cell or the hotel phone- which are cheap and dated) in rooms do not work properly, which means calling into conference calls is difficult. Getting timely room service between meetings doesn't happen. And, possibly the biggest disappointment was the bathroom we had. We had a handicap accessible room, which is not a problem at all. However, the bathtub/shower combination was nearly impossible for us able-bodied adults to get in and out of which made us wonder just how a disabled person would have any chance in using it. If I were the manager, I would have a hard time justifying such an arrangement. They need to quickly reconsider the situation and install a handicapped accessible shower as an alternative.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me be the first to apologize for your less than stellar experience. We know how important connectivity is for our guests and are sorry that you experienced challenges while staying with us.

We take all of the feedback we receive from guests on this platform very seriously. We underwent a huge upgrade only 2 years ago. While technology is ever-evolving we know that we must keep up. To that end, we have a large portion of our capital projects budget devoted to a Wi-Fi connectivity upgrade in 2014. We hope to have you back and create a new impression in the near future.

Resort Management
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the third time, my second convention, and found it to be very comfortable and more than adequate for the event. My wife did not like the suite I had reserved because it was on the ground floor. The front desk people bent over backwards to find her a room she felt adequate as all suites were filled. Three parallel conventions happening at once. However it did not feel cramped. The Starwood Preferred Guest room was much smaller but comfortable and they credited our account the price difference. We ended up far from the convention meeting areas. The facility is very long and low. Great walking areas and great dessert golf. Nice pool area and an excellent spa and gym.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always a joy to host conferences at our property, and even better to hear about our attendees experiences. I am sorry to hear you were unable to stay in one of our luxury suites, but we are glad you found our Deluxe rooms to be accommodating and comfortable for the remainder of your stay. The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa is a very large property to provide our guests the utmost tranquility and relaxation during their stay. We hope for you to return in the near future to once again enjoy all our resort has to offer to our guests. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Front Desk Supervisor
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Service was above and beyond, from the time I pulled up to the time I checked out. It seemed like everyone knew my name and the staff were incredibly attentive. Resort is beautiful and well laid out. Lots to see and do, the Rawhide attraction as well as Wild Horse Pass Casino are available by shuttle or water taxi. Natural scenery and wildlife surrounded by the mountains give the place a very peaceful energy. The spa, Aji, is certainly worth the visit!

Room Tip: The hotel only has 4 stories, so it's laid out wide rather than tall. If you are there for a con...
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your extremely kind works. We truly value feedback from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to do so. Our staff strives to exceed guests’ expectations, so we are more than glad to hear you experienced such a high level of service. Our resort it meant to feel peaceful and serene so we are more than happy to hear you enjoyed the beautiful scenery that surrounds our property. We are glad you had such an enjoyable stay and are looking forward to your next visit with us!

PR Director
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hosted a meeting at this property. The atmosphere is very peaceful, with beautiful scenery in all directions. I wish there had been time to hang out in the beautiful lobby area or by the pool. The outdoor areas are really nice for group lunches and other activities. Staff is very attentive and service is outstanding. Guest rooms are spacious - loved the soaking tub. Wish they made the walls thicker - there are definite noise issues. This hotel is not far out of Phoenix, yet it gives you a feeling of getting away from it all.

Room Tip: Ask for a view room with a balcony
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the resort and found the surroundings to be nothing more than peaceful. Our property’s location is meant to portray that feeling of escape from the bustling city without actually being too far away from it. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Director of Restaurants & Bars

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!