“Manager and Staff are Incredible---Wonderful Service and Beautiful Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Arizona
“Manager and Staff are Incredible---Wonderful Service and Beautiful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

The customer service at this hotel is remarkable!!! The bell men, guest services, check in, servers at the restaurants, etc. couldn't be better. They are accommodating, hospitable, and go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. I was amazed at how the bell men remembered your last name hours later!

The resort is absolutely beautiful. Very classy place. Whoever designed and decorated the place did an amazing job.

The manager, Bunty Ahamed, is excellent. He is managing a fantastic property, where the staff is top notch. Our stay, and the service we received, is a testimonial to his direction and dedication.

Opt for a view room, even if it costs a little more. The only negative I have is that the beds were too firm. The bathrooms are beautiful with separate tub/shower/all granite.

One of the greatest things about this resort is, you are close to a huge city, but feel like you aren't. It's in the open desert, with beautiful mountain views and wildlife. Yet it's only a ten minute drive to get back to the city.

You can also take a ten-fifteen minute boat ride to a casino, or Rawhide (old West town) which is fun for kids.

I can't say enough great things about this place...

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Beds too firm
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night. We are locals and had reservations to eat at Kai, but decided to stay the night when we found a cheap rate. We arrived early and were accomodated with an early check-in. The very friendly front desk person evn gave us a compimentary room upgrade. After dropping our things in the room, we went out to the pool area to get some lunch, have a few drinks and relax.

Once at the pool, it took over 30 minutes for a server to come by and take our drink order. After that, it took her 20 minutes to return with our drinks and an additional 30 minutes to return with our food. On top of it being very slow, our server definitely had an attitude like she was doing us a favor by her presence. The service was so poor that it actually became humorous to us as the day went on. I finally just started getting out of the pool and getting drinks directly from the bar. Service there was very prompt and friendly, so I think we just originally got a bad apple.

Our dinner at Kai was absolutely amazing. Since this isn't a review of the restaurant, I won't go into too much detail, but the service was flawless and the dinner was without fault. It was an extremely memorable and special meal.

Back at the room, the room had never really cooled off. I noticed that it was warm when we had checked-in, but it was the heat of the day and I thought I should give it a chance to cool off after I turned the thermostat down. Throughout the night, it never cooled off and became very humid and sticky in the room to the point that we noticed our things from the pool were still damp from the night before. The room was also beginning to show some wear and tear, such as worn and stained carpet. The bed linens were also below average for a 4* resort. If we hadn't been so high after an amazing evening at Kai, I would have found our stay at Wild Horse Pass to be far below average. However, we had an amazing dining experience, so I would rate the hotel as average.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
san diego, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

Two night stay over July 4th. It's a beautiful property and everything still looks new. Overall we enjoyed our stay, but I have to agree with the other post regarding their experiences at the pool.

We have an 8 year old daughter who loves to swim, so we thought this property would be ideal. The pool area is very nicely laid out, but some warnings:
>No staff supervision for the pool slide. Every other hotel we've stayed at with a pool slide always has a staff member posted at the top of the slide, but not here. As a result, kids were coming down in groups, in some scary positions. I even saw one that was doing summersaults all the way down,. I saw many of the kids hit their heads pretty hard - surprised no one was hurt!
>At night, parts of the pool area are almost pitch black. They close the slide down by turning off the water going down the slide, but it wasn't closed off, so there were people standing on the inside of the slide. Again I'm amazed someone didn't fall over and have a serious injury.
>The pool bar/dining area is open, with no fans, no misters to cool you off while you eat..
>Only 3 bathroom stalls in the women's restroom, but one was broken.
>No staff supervision in the pool area whatsoever. They start serving alcohol very early, Staff stood by and watched as drunken hotel guest did flips into the fairly shallow pool, almost landing on top of others in the pool and did some pretty stupid and dangerous stunts without any words of caution.

The dining options are pretty limited for such a large resort. One 5 star restaurant, one billed as "casual dining" that had a menu that was far too fancy to be labeled casual, the outdoor pool bar and a snack counter only open in the morning.

If you are a family with small kids, make sure to ask for a room close to the lobby area. We had quite a hike to our room. One of the employees said it was a quarter mile from the elevator to our room. That'd be tough for toddlers. And no refrigerator in the room other than the one stuffed with beverages and snacks at ridiculous prices. However, the had a promotion for free dining for kids which was great.

• Liked — Nice view, great bathroom.
  • Disliked — Beds were hard and dining options are very limited.
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
western ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Wonderful resort property! Located in the desert, which was surprisingly beautiful, the property is convenient to Phoenix, the airport, and south suburbs, yet remote enough to feel secluded. While I didn't get in any golf, the courses looked fabulous. The pool area is great, for both adults and kids (water slide). Fantastic meeting spaces. The soft, almost inaudible native american music playing over the loudspeakers throughout the property is very soothing. I was there for a business conference, but I'll be back with my wife!

• Liked — Beautiful room, excellent tiled bathroom, amazingly appointed common areas, great meeting space
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

I'm glad so many people had great times and good reviews at this place...unfortunately, our experience veered from that.

I took the family to the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass for the 4th of July since they had some good specials going on...we should have stayed home.

When we go to a hotel for an event like the 4th of July, our goal is to relax, have a few drinks, watch the kids play in the pool...basically eat drink and be merry.

First off, getting to this hotel is simply ridiculous. They say there's no such thing as a straight line in nature; I would say there's no such thing as a straight road on this indian reservation. The roads going to the place curve around, double back, basically do everything but get you to the property in a timely manner.

Next, the check-in staff was friendly but way too talkative. Check me in and then let me get on my way. The room was a hike since this property is so spread out. Not a big deal though.

The room was dark and depressing with comfy beds although the pillows bit the big one. The hotel is a fairly new property and by that I mean it was built after the internet and laptops and cell phones became prevalent. So why were there no electrical outlets? This is unforgivable in a modern hotel. And the AC cranked down to 60 the entire time kept our room at a warmer level than the hallway outside our room. We joked that we should sleep with the door open.

The main reason for our visit, the pool area. Way too many people; way too few chairs. And if all you had on your chair was a towel, some of the "one-star" guests would simply drop your towel on the ground and take your seat. Luckily, we had books and bags on our chairs.

The pool was literally as hot as a bath. And it was a mountain dew shade of green...nice. The bar staff...or what there was of it...was severely understaffed for a busy holiday weekend. If you ordered a drink, say a frozen margarita, by the time it got back to you, it was half melted and you realized you needed to order right away so your next drink would arrive in 30 minutes instead of 60. Then to add insult to injury, they automatically tack on a 15% tip for a family of 4. That's a little presumptive on their part.

The entertainment staff around the pool was good at keeping everyone involved with freeze tag in the bath-like pool, watermelon eating contests, etc.

We ate dinner off-site rather than overpay for mediocre fried hotel food. After returning from dinner, we sat in the lounge and had a couple glasses of wine (the wine list looked like the fare from an Outback Steakhouse or someplace similar...) while the kids had ice cream. Again, the ice cream was half melted by the time we got it. The wait staff poolside and in the lounge were friendly, just sloooooooooow.

The fireworks display at Rawhide was average at best.

So all in all, a disappointing stay. Some bright moments...mainly with the staff's friendliness...but too many low points to give this place a good rating.

Final judgement: Won't be back. Won't recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rochdale, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

This place is around 3 miles from the main highway, and to get to it you drive through desert no-mans land.
Once there, they try to get you to use valet parking and bellboy luggage, and if you aren't a Starwood preferred guest, you'll get a room with a dismal view of a car park.
If you don't have a laptop, you can use the pcs in an anteroom right next to the public restrooms (not very private or comfortable), and you get charged $6-99 for each 15 minutes.
No happy hour or complimentary breakfast, but there are a few nice pools if you can stand the heat.
The in-house restaurant is as expensive as you'd expect, and some of the spa treatments rise well above $220, so pack your wallets/purses with greenbacks.
The room was well above average, but surprisingly only one old fashioned enormous tv - Plasmas obviously haven't reached this part of the desert.
The Casino is about a mile away, and is pretty small compared to Vegas, with only 3 eating choices.
Having been, it was ok, and I got a deal for $160 per night, but on balance as I'm not into spa's, I probably wouldn't go again.

Stayed June 2008
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I stayed with a friend at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa for two nights in mid May. The resort is beautiful! As soon as you enter it is cool and refreshing (which is nice after being in 100 degree weather!) The lobby is beautiful with a big sky light and windows all around of the sonoran desert. They have beautiful soft instrumental music playing in the lobby and as soon as you enter you know you are at a "spa" resort as it is very calming. The entire staff was great! You never opened a door entering the main lobby as one of the staff was always there to open the door and greet you with a smile. In fact, anytime we passed any of the staff they would smile and greet us. The front desk staff was always pleasant and one night when I needed to use internet service and their guest computers (right off main lobby) were down one of the front desk personnel let me use their computer to check my flight information on the internet. The rooms were beautiful and spotless. The pools looked great but we didn't use them. We were doing alot of sightseeing and just stayed at hotel as a base. We were lucky enough to see the wild horses our second day there. They were far off but you could see them.
The entrance to the resort is winding with a few turns so be sure to follow the signs for resort or it is easy to get lost. There is a casino close to the hotel and there is an "old west town" called Rawhide on the property. We didn't get to see it but they do have a little boat that will take you there upon request. I believe I read that the boat ride is complimentary. Overall, it is a great hotel with excellent staff!!

• Liked — The hotel was beautiful and the staff exceptional which is hard to find these days!
  • Disliked — The fact that internet service was down (but the staff let me use their own computer)
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!