“Relationship Turbo Charge Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa

You added Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ 85226   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Chandler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fullerton, CA
“Relationship Turbo Charge Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

I took my boys to this resort a few years ago and all had a great time. Floating down the Salt River was the main reason for that trip and Sheraton Wild Horse Pass is about a 30 min drive from there. The boys had a fantastic time on the giant slide and were so pre occupied that Dad could relax with a few coctails served pool side by very attentive staff. It was very very hot but there was plenty of shade.
This trip was with my sweetheat and included the Angels Spring training game just about 15 minutes away in Tempe which was only about 10 minutes from PHX Airport putting all 3 venues with 30 minutes of eachother.
We did the horseback riding at the stables that could be seen from our hotel room window and used the courtesy shuttle to get over there. I believe it was $65 each for an hour and half trail ride with a bunch of fun people and two well informend tour guides. We ran into the same friendly bar tender 2 or 3 times during our stay who kept advising us on things to do with our free day and a half. The Buffalo steaks he recomended in the #2 restaruant made for a fantastic dining memory and althought the Easter brunch was already sold out for the next morning the buffet breakfast at the pool bar was perfect. We even got a photo with the Easter Bunny!
The room was excellent and located near the end of the wing so we had a very short walk to our couples massage at the Spa. Great trip & great hotel. We did take the free boat shuttle ride to the nearby casino and wish we would have left some more time to spend there.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Boerne, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were a nice size and we had a terrific view of the river running through the property. The attention to detail and the design of the hotel are in step with most of the other resorts in the Phoenix area. Though it may slightly lack in the scale of some of the really high end resorts out there, the stay was wonderful. The service, the bed, the ambiance- all A+.

We were lucky enough to experience the simply outstanding restaurant, Kai. Everyone in our party asked if it deserved all four of the diamonds that AAA has given them. Indeed. The service was impeccable. Most of the food was grown on the reservation and the explanation of the local menu items was a huge plus.

I had the best message of my life here, so if you like a massage… this place is a winner

• Liked — The Spa
  • Disliked — You cannot help but overhear your neighbor's conversation when trying to sleep.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

Great deal through Hotwire- look up 4 star resorts- this is the only one in Chandler - so you can book it without knowing the hotel name and save a bundle - we stayed for $215.00 - over 1$120 below website prices for the same time/room. The staff is the best I have ever had at a resort!!! everyone is friendly, helpful and goes the extra mile to learn your name, preferences etc.- One night a staffer actually walked up to my 6 year old and asked him if he missed smores time that night- when he nodded that he did- she went in the kitchen- got him his own smores ingredients and he made them over the outdoor firepit !- It was great! Boat ride to Rawhide was fun- and restaurant at Rawhide was delicious ( we also stayed at Westin Kierland this trip, and while it was nice- the service here was second to none!) the pool area was beautiful - so many choices, and my son loved the waterslide ! Free Friday ice cream was a hit , as were the daytime pool games for kids - would recommend to everyone!

• Liked — great staff and pools
  • Disliked — location below Phoenix - out of the way
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Princeton NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

Came to Wild Horse Pass April 16-21 for the first time with my wife through the Bird Gold Academy located at the on-property course and we had a terrific vacation.

Twice before we had stayed at Phoenix area resorts and this was our favorite so far.

On the plus side, this Native American themed resort is handsome, comfortable and filled with impeccably friendly, well-trained staff.

We attended golf school for three days on-site (Bird Golf through whom we booked) and stayed an extra three days...a fantastic experience. The Aji Spa was exceptional. Simply the best. Finally the five diamond restaurant Kai was among the finest dining experiences in memory. We live halfway in between New York and Philadelphia and get to enjoy some fabulous restaurants. Kai holds its own with any.

So we did not have to leave the resort f(although we did and it is right off I-10 so very convenient) for golf, spa, fine or casual dining and even horseback riding which was a blast.

The only small negative was the room was definitely smaller than the others we stayed in (casita at Wigwam, and Marriott Camelback Inn) and those had more in room amenities.

However, we are active people and spend scant little time in the room during vacation so as long as it was first rate, clean and comfortable...which it was, we are fine.

We would definitely come back her.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

My family accompanied me on a business meeting held at the Sheraton. After reading the reviews before arrival, I expected much more than what we experienced. Upon check in, the valet driver was all set to take my auto away for $25? per night until I asked him if there is any self park. There was, so I did so with no issues. The check in was pleasant, but the lobby is not that welcoming, having only a few couches and dominated by the view of the golf course, while beautiful, there was not many places to gather.
We ate at the highly rated restaurant, which was over priced, but superb service. I had the bison steak.
The pool was nice, the water slide was fun. However, the pool side bar was terrible, I asked for a mai -tai, then a pina colada, both tasted bad, which I did not drink. The bartender was advised and credited the drinks, which was ok, but not what you would expect from a 4 star resort.
As for the room accomodations, they were dark,dingy and in need of repair. The place had a cheap feel to it, like the carpets had no cushion or something under your feet. The TV remote, safe did not work and the Bath had hardware issues.But Housekeeping did a great job.
The spa on site---excellent, up to expectations!
We enjoyed horseback riding at the stable on site, it was very enjoyable. We saw owls, coyote, jack rabbit and other birds during the 1.5 hour ride.
After check out, they did not record my Starwood number to get full credit on my rooms, which turned into a hassle to get credit a few weeks afterward.They finally added the stay to my account.
Overall, I would not return to this hotel, they missed lot of things and made me feel like they were doing me a favor being a guest.

• Liked — Activities
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
McDonough, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

We just got back from a visit to Arizona on spring break with a stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort.
Good: great location, close to airport, eating and Chase Field(we were there to see the Diamondbacks) Very peaceful and relaxing place. Great pool area with a place to eat and have drinks. Thanks to the bartender- very nice guy. Starbucks in lobby. Very helpful and friendly staff.
Not So Good: Very expensive- rooms were 300.00 and up and no more space than a regular motel room. Food and even Starbucks coffee- very expensive. But I guess you should expect this out of a resort.

All in all, the experience was good. If you are going on vacation you should go and not have to worry about how much things are.

Did not visit the spa or any other restaurants other than at the pool or lobby coffee bar.

• Liked — peaceful surroundings
  • Disliked — need to update rooms
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

I recently got back from my 2nd near perfect stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. The location isn't going to be for everyone; we happen to like being a little bit out of the way so this works for us.

The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. The grounds are well maintained and there are tons of walking trails. My fiance enjoys going over the the small casino; I prefer going to the spa! I had a great massage and facial during my last visit. It was expensive, but the quality of the service and the facilities make it worth every penny.

We had breakfast several times at their standard, 3 meal-a-day restaurant, Ko'Sin. It was FABULOUS. Try the griddled pancakes. You won't be sorry.

On our last visit we splurged and had dinner at Kai. This was stellar. From the drinks at the bar, to the service, to the food, it was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!